[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Amazon Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 16
File: all_star_superman.jpg (473 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
all_star_superman.jpg
473 KB, 1024x768
Fun for rage.

Find your favorite comic on amazon, then post it's worst review.

For extra fun do the same, but the best review for your most hated comic

All-Star Superman

>Have you ever played with action figures? Do you remember slamming them into one another and making KERPUCHH sounds through your braces? If you are anything like me, you probably had intense battles above your kitchen table, or below the water of your bathtub. Did you make silly villain voices and consistently crash and burn your heroes with cries of NOOOOO and AHHA! But than you realized you couldn't kill the characters because there wasn't anything else to do so you just lifted one up and yelled "I'VE RETURNED!" and you just started the fight all over again? Than you were probably utilizing as much creative ability as the creators of All Star Superman.

>Hey, you were a kid, you can get away with stuff like that. But these are grown men we are talking about. Grown men, paid to draw a comic strip of a character that is as American as apple pie. And what do these grown men do? They run a full lukewarm bath and smash and crash Superman and Lex Luthor into one another with as much narrative linearity as our adolescent prune-y selves.

>Superman is just a weak character, full stop. We all know this. He has only one weakness: Kryptonite. Now, that would be enough of a reason to bore the daylights out of long-time readers, but the worst, most infuriating, part about it is that Kryptonite just... sorta makes him a little weak? It doesn't kill him, it just gives him a bad stomachache.

>And now we have All Star Superman, and what do they do? OH! Superman is IMMUNE to Kryptonite now! HOW INCREDIBLY CREATIVE! HOW ABSOLUTELY JAW-DROPPINGLY GENIUS! WOW!

>So, what is a maniacal super villain to do? In this case Lex Luthor decides to overload Superman's body with the Sun. Yea, there's an idea. The great killer of Superman is (DUN DUN DUN) Skin Cancer. Woah, he's just like us huh?
>>
>>81701196
>But, he's not. Superman is not like us. He is a God. A God, with skin cancer.

>Next thing we know he is chilling with Samson, which is some sort of time traveling vagrant who never met Delilah or something. And since Samson is a time traveler (why is he a time traveler? Where is that in the biblical narrative? That sounds more like an Elijah thing, but OH YEA, Elijah didn't have big bursting muscles, did he AMERICA?!) So since Samson is, for some stupid reason, capable of transcending time, he tells Superman that he knows he is going to die and that before he dies he will have to complete "12 tasks."

>Look, I appreciate the Abrahamic referential here, but what kind of shoddy storytelling is this? Some random dude tells Superman he is destined to fulfill 12 challenges before his death and now he HAS TO complete them? And we just have to read how they play out?

>And what are these tasks: Destroying a sun (hasn't Superman done this?) Creating life (G-d), Answering the unanswerable question (Oedipus) and many more casually appropriated plot devices that HAVE ALREADY BEEN DONE BEFORE. There is no originality here. There is no great twist, no grand turn. Cut and dry; Link, find the tri-force, Mario, defeat Bowser. Could they be any more lazy?!

>If it is any measurement of how pathetic this entire series is, look no further than the Bizzaro planet scene. The saddest thing is that the corny backwards speak of the Bizzaro planet is probably the most creative part of the comic. Am not you heard that? Am no understand Bizzaro speak. Superman am compelling. Grant Morrison as good as Orwell.

>Ugh, am I getting through? Is this making sense? Am I missing something?
>>
What the hell kind of name is Ziv Biton anyway.
>>
>Listen, I appreciate what Superman was/is. He created an American image during war time. He is the first great American Mythological character. When the White House is a ruin and Lincoln's statue is missing an arm, America will have Superman. He is our Hercules, a shining beacon of truth, justice and the American way. So way does America insist on making him so BORING?

>If only the artwork could save this comic. But, it can't. Not with the total disjointed organization of things going on. Which comes back to our shoddy storytelling complaint.

>It is foretold that Superman must defeat a sun, so the Red Sun thing pops up OUT OF NOWHERE.

>Superman must create life, so he builds Earth Q.

>Superman needs to save Metropolis from his 'replacements' so he just, like, waits them out. Oh, wait! You see they had flown through some debris field so their bodies... something something KRYPTONITE something something.

>I can't even begin to enjoy the artwork because I am so flummoxed. Why does Superman have to complete these tasks? What makes these 'tasks' any more impressive than what he has already done in his storied career?

>At least with a linear bad guy/good guy Superman comic I can get built up to a cathartic ending. But, here Superman just decides to travel back in time with some future Supermen and than he takes Lois for a date, and than Lex takes some serum somehow (who is letting this guy work on things in prison?! he had a whole lab in one scene?!) and than fights Superman. But Superman is supposed to be DEAD. FROM SKIN CANCER! But, no. He has a near-death experience wherein his father speaks to him and tells him to wake up ('sure thing dad! I'll just not be dead. BOOP!') He beats up Lex and than he dies in the sun.

>But, even then he still isn't dead. The last thing we see is Superman building some Da Vinci-esque mechanism inside of the sun. I could deal with the stupid 'Underverse' but you can't build things INSIDE OF THE SUN.
>>
>>81701305
But, hey, Superman can do anything right? "There's always a way!" Indeed, there seems to always be a way for Superman, the man. But, there just never seems to be a way for Superman the comic.

>>81701296
He funny enough, sounds like an All Star Superman bad guy
>>
>>81701196
>Superman is just a weak character, full stop. We all know this. He has only one weakness: Kryptonite. Now, that would be enough of a reason to bore the daylights out of long-time readers, but the worst, most infuriating, part about it is that Kryptonite just... sorta makes him a little weak? It doesn't kill him, it just gives him a bad stomachache.

A review by someone who doesn't read Superman.
>>
>>81701196
>For extra fun do the same, but the best review for your most hated comic
I feel all this will gather is a bunch of ironic 'best story ever 10/10 my favorite part was where spider man sacrificed the life of an unborn child and his marriage for a 900 year old woman'
>>
>>81701434
Link the reviews for example OMD
>There are two way to enjoy this book:

>The first is to read this as a one shot. On its own merits, it's a beautiful but tragic story about the unforeseen consequences of altering fate/destiny. (Spoiler:) Peter and MJ believe they are only sacrificing their marriage and love in exchange for Aunt May's life when they strike a deal with Mephisto (the devil), only to realize later that they have also sacrificed the life of their future daughter.

>The second is to read it as part of continuity and understand that all moments shared between Peter and MJ that now officially didn't happen are in fact what gave weight and true meaning to the couple's sacrifice.

>I lied. There is a third way to enjoy this book and it comes in two parts:

>1. Don't read interviews in which Marvel employees reveal that the storyline didn't occur to explore the huge ramifications of altering history but simply to make Peter a bachelor and drive-up sales.

>2. Don't read the proceeding storyline "Brand New Day" because it is a complete yawner ... you will end up being upset that the true sacrifice paid by Peter and MJ leads to the birth of generic Spider-Man stories, old plotlines and boring villains.

>(If you want to read new stuff that reminds you of the good ole Spidey days, I highly recommend Robert Kirkman's "Invincible" published by Image Comics ... it is everything ASM aspires to be and way more.)
>>
>One Star
>By RON B.on July 20, 2015
>Format: Paperback
>Terrible story.

That's... the entire thing

The lowest that isn't shitposting (which I'm fairly certain this is) gushes about the story and calls the binding on the copy they got utter crap.

It's Seed of Destruction btw
>>
>>81701688
Decided to do another since 1. I honestly wouldn't ever really say I have a MOST favorite comic, just a slew of favorites and 2. It was a non-event

... OK, I'm legit mad

One of the worst New 52
Bykhilsation October 9, 2012
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase
No, no and no!

I cannot read positive comments without saying a word. I'm a DC and Fantasy fan, and I felt shame for both Universes as reading this volume. I might give a few spoilers after, but not enough to avoid you to go through the following lines.

Demon Knights regroups Issues #1 to #7 of the comics, and follow the impossible defense of a peasant village by a small group of heroes against an unstoppable army. After a short prologue showing how Merlin bound Etrigan the Demon to Jason Blood, while Camelot is failing around him, we jump several years in time and discover a village on the verge of being erased by a so-powerful army. However, present in the village are a few heroes, some immortal, some blessed by ancient magic, all of them getting decided to defend this village - even though it means risking their lives for it. If the first issue is presenting (...) the characters, the next six issues follow the battles, with huge consequences on the world (?).

That is said, it is true that not everything is bad in the comics. So let starts with the good points (or good point, since it is the only one I found): the drawing.
There is a European inspiration in Neves' style, from the body proportions to the strength of the line, and even the impression of speed during the actions. Someone in the comments compared to Lanfeust, and indeed, there is a resemblance. It is however sad to see such a misuse of skill....
>>
File: 1428784001200.jpg (16 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1428784001200.jpg
16 KB, 500x400
>>81701196

>1.0 out of 5 stars
>Boring the duck
>ByCaraon
>February 2, 2016

>I only gave 1star because marvel omnibus makes quality product...but the artwork and humor is very dated to the 70s and felt boring,only got halfway before selling.

>mfw
>>
File: 61-WCzGsAOL.jpg (82 KB, 347x500) Image search: [Google]
61-WCzGsAOL.jpg
82 KB, 347x500
1/5 stars
White Boy Garbage
By Stantana Joneson July 29, 2014
Format: Paperback
Just what I always wanted,
A history of rap comic done by white boy trustafarians from hipster Brooklyn!!
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 185x272) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 185x272
>>81702020

Now... the bad - terrible - points:

- the story is a mess! This is probably the poorly written adventure I ever read - and I read really bad European, Japanese and American comics and books. I'm not talking about the characters (it will be after), but just about the order of the actions, the description, the sequence of the drawings. All of it seems to be the dreamy fantasy of a 13years old who cannot organize his ideas and throw them away with no consideration for DCs readers. A shame.

- the main characters: when you write a Comic, one of the main rules is to work on each character and give him or her a certain depth. This is how the reader can connect with them before they are subjected to the test(s). There is NO depth in the Demon Knights characters. No originality, no interest, no emotion. Nobody cares who cruel the Dark Queen is, because we saw her in 5 drawings (for 150 pages), the Demon is ridiculous, as is Jason... Xandau brought nothing to keep a sexual tension in her game to keep both characters. Savage brights only through his lack of charisma, and same goes for the rest of them... Only Sir Ystin is interesting, and only because it gets a few more pages than the others.

- The world is a vacuum system. Apart from a terrible drawn map, nothing gives an idea of the importance of the village, how many people are here, or what is the army attacking, and why... At first, the story is confusing. But after a while, you realize Cornell didn't even have the decency for his readers to do his job. No coherence not so ever in this failing story, and therefore no interest in what is happening to the peasants (are they 10 or more btw? We can only see 12 maximum of them in the entire book).
>>
File: 71i3ghuw0VL._SL1500_.jpg (154 KB, 968x1500) Image search: [Google]
71i3ghuw0VL._SL1500_.jpg
154 KB, 968x1500
the only 1-star review was someone unhappy with the trade quality
>This book was a let down for me, I don't feel like this book lives up to the hype that's been given to it, to be honest I feel like its a little overrated, for one it did not feel like it was a total stand alone story, You see allot of Matt Murdock recovering through out this story and its pretty boring because there's not a lot of depth, growth or development of Matt's character while he's recovering from his fight with the kingpin. And yes don't get me wrong there is some intense action in this book but there's also a lot of boring parts as well. Another problem I had is with Ben Urich which I did not feel like he was a well developed character in this book, All I know about him from reading this book is he's a reporter and one of the main narrator's of this story, no back story of him here, although I heard he's written much better in other runs. Now we get to Karen Page who is another character that's not very well developed here, the plot with her was too complicated then it needed to be, there was not a lot of back story to her as well, all you know about her is she was Matt's girlfriend and she's a junkie but you don't feel anything for her. And another problem I had is with Captain America showing up, you even see Iron Man and Thor show up which I felt was so unnecessary, I mean don't these guys have much bigger worldly problems to deal with than Hell's Kitchen, Seriously!? All I can say about what Captain America did in this book made the story anti climatic. And I did not buy the idea of the kingpin is that powerful to hire government military. If you want a better stand alone daredevil book than read the Man Without Fear and which in my opinion is the best place to start, I highly recommend that book!
>>
File: 1459713124070.jpg (77 KB, 821x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459713124070.jpg
77 KB, 821x1000
>>81702111

- The fallen inspiration. The story of a few against thousands is not new. You can find dozens of examples in Literature, Cinema or Comics. What they ALL have in common is the intermittent phases of wait and battle, bringing the readers to be tensed with the characters. Here, none of this... It is only a mess of banal adventures linked together with a thin - so thin - string, that evaporates in the last pages and leaves a chaotic scene and a chaotic taste in the mouth.

I could continue like this for hours, so I'll stop here.
As a whole, and despite Neves' talent, Cornell is unable to be up for the task of writing a quality DC New 52. Or a mediocre one. Or even a bad one. Just a terribly bad one.
>>
File: 81gzRFOG8EL.jpg (278 KB, 992x1398) Image search: [Google]
81gzRFOG8EL.jpg
278 KB, 992x1398
>>81702091
Another one

1/5 stars
not good :o
By Amazon Customer on January 27, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition
no do not read it plz my friends. I'm a kid it was my right's. can't even hold a minecraft villager. wow not as cubid kid. boxers have imporate things
>>
File: 41RU6+K-HZL._SL1500_.jpg (28 KB, 327x500) Image search: [Google]
41RU6+K-HZL._SL1500_.jpg
28 KB, 327x500
1/5 stars
Terrible book
ByDylan Lucianoon March 1, 2010
Verified Purchase
I don't like a lot of work done by Garth Ennis.(I loathe Preacher and The Boys) but up until this volume I thought Punisher: Max was some of the best work he's done. His take on the character was amazing. I ignored all the hate coming from this book because I wanted to complete his run on The Punisher but this book was terrible. First of all the art for the first part of the book is awful. It hurt me to look at The Punisher's face. Then halfway through the first arc the art changed. I thought that they got a better artist but instead he was just as bad as the last one. Their's a series of panels with Barracuda holding a baby and instead of having regular muscles in his arms, it looked like he had giant tumors in his arms. The art and the story for the last one were both good but I hardly read it due to how bad the first part was. Its not worth your money and the only reason I gave it 2 stars was because of the second series. Garth Ennis screwed up a great run on The Punisher.

He of course posted this on the page for The Slavers
>>
>>81702252
Is it trolling or a Chinese government shill??
>>
>>81702111
>Savage
>Lack of Charisma
>>
File: 9860.jpg (32 KB, 228x346) Image search: [Google]
9860.jpg
32 KB, 228x346
>2.0 out of 5 stars

>apparently well overrated

>My first impression was jack kirby i gotta ck this out but really it wasn't all that great all the five star reviews make me laugh a lil cuz it was very mediocre and at this point for the price just not worth it example from book Jimmy Olsen ambushes 2 men with his joke of a crew the main guy is named iron face or something simmiler cuz he has an iron mask and more or less all other characters are named as such very unoriginal anyway he says we have them unless the one in the scuba gear (flipper dipper) swims up behind us omg he did come behind us Jimmy then rushes him punched him in the face knocked him out oh i forget he had an iron mask on my hand hurts but somehow my mortal fist can hurt iron so i felled him the whole book is very like this
>>
File: flex.jpg (75 KB, 342x499) Image search: [Google]
flex.jpg
75 KB, 342x499
>1 oout of 5 stars

>Hallucinations from a drug overdose.

>If some of the best music and art is inspired by drugs, then maybe this is a real classic. A comic-book hero has come alive, but so has the villain. Interspersed with Flex's futile efforts to save the world are the comic author's ramblings, childhood memories, and paranoias. Can Flex save the world before the man who dreamed him alive dies of a drug overdose?

>My pre-teen sons are eyeing this book, asking about it, wanting to read it. Comic books appeal to kids. The topics in this book include drugs, homosexuality, prostitution, suicide, foul language, violence, death, nudity, defecation, hopelessness, atomic warfare... in a format that appeals to children.
>>
>>81704494
I don't think I would've understood this book at all as a pre-teen
>>
>>81702091
>hipster Brooklyn

Piskor isn't even from Brooklyn
>>
>>81704494

Ok. I'm triggered.
>>
>>81704494
Is this how /a/ feels when people say cartoons should be for kids?
>>
>Hitman? You're one letter off
>Byjonathan briggson April 16, 2012
>Format: Paperback
>The last time I reviewed a Garth Ennis book, I wrote that Ennis is a talented writer given to laziness and pandering to the LCD. Case in point: "Hitman." Ennis wrote the series concurrently with his (for lack of a more accurate term) masterpiece "Preacher," and every idea that was too stupid for "Preacher" (oh, and believe me, there was no shortage of stupid ideas in "Preacher") wound up in "Hitman." In "Ten Thousand Bullets," Mobster Moe Dubelz offers half a million dollars for the head of Tommy Monaghan, the titular hitman, who killed Dubelz's conjoined twin (still attached and dead and rotting). Meanwhile, a Batman wannabe named Nightfist is ... Oh, what am I doing? Why even bother? Any snarky recap of "Ten Thousand Bullets" that I could write would take more effort than Ennis spent on the book itself. I probably expended more effort just READING this nonsense. It's a lame excuse for Ennis to collect a quick and easy paycheck by writing "BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM" over and over again. John McCrea's art is equally sorry. He sketches childishly crude figures all out of proportion with themselves: big heads, little bodies; big bodies, little heads; mutant appendages; grotesque, leering faces. But I've never seen him do any better, so I assume McCrea's problem is that he's incompetent, rather than merely lazy like Ennis. Director Kevin Smith, who wrote the substanceless intro to this substanceless volume, thinks "Hitman" is pretty nifty, but then Kevin Smith also thinks it's a great idea to cast his girlfriends in his movies and let them sing. Garth Ennis is one of the most popular and successful comix writers, but for every rabid fan, he's got an equally passionate detractor. "Ten Thousand Bullets" gives the haters plenty of ammo.
>>
>>81704494
Allot of salty Morrison fans
>>
File: 51506-9136-68437-1-sentry.jpg (49 KB, 429x640) Image search: [Google]
51506-9136-68437-1-sentry.jpg
49 KB, 429x640
>1/5
>This is a dull comic. Nothwitstanding the rather nice drawings, the sheer stupidity and pointless plot of a comic book hero as either /neither a hoax or a parody is tiresome. The all-powerful demi-god Sentry with a drink problem and permanent hallucinations is not helped by the very ugly costume design. Unless the reader is a fanatical comics fan, there are too many in-house jokes about the writer and his creation, a comic book within a comic book etc to interest the casual comics reader to make this a worthwhile read.
>>
This is the most depressing book I've ever read. I have no idea how Rosa manges to be so popular. He is no where near as good as Barks, and he doesn't have an orignal idea. All this is, is a bad sequel to some Barks' comics. I do NOT recommend it.
>>
>>81705108
>That K smith jab
>>
File: 51i9pGcxu9L.jpg (41 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
51i9pGcxu9L.jpg
41 KB, 329x500
>>81701196
My favorite (one of them) on Amazon

Please KILL HER OFF!!
ByFearlesson March 16, 2011
Format: Paperback
I prefer Cassandra Cain version of Batgirl. This one is just the lamest of the LAME. I mean come on, blonde hair and purple/pinkish costume? Oh my those criminals are trembling because her blonde hair and girly costume is so intimidating. Did she just finished shopping at the mall and forgot to change her outfit? Cassandra Cain's version is not only more realistic, but entertaining and interesting. She is more of Batman's protoge than any robin/nightwing put together. She was fierce and I'm not only talking about her costume either.
Give us back Cassandra Cain DC/WB.
>>
>>81705926
And because I'm an overachiever, a babsgirl volume with the stereotypical Simonebitchfangirl

5.0 out of 5 stars
One of the most Grounded and balanced bat stories in the New 52
ByDeborah Ramos-Galvanon October 22, 2012
Format: Hardcover
|
Verified Purchase
I must confess something, When the new 52 re-launched, I had no intention of trying to read Batgirl. I was coming in for Batman and Catwoman only. But let me tell you that would've been a grave mistake, because Batgirl is one of the best comics rewritten in the new 52. She is a lot like her counter-part from the 1990's animated series, even going so far as to use words like "doofus" and it is really cute. If you liked the show from the 90's, you need to buy Batgirl's comic because it will be a refreshing taste of nostalgia and it might even get you into reading more comics.
>>
File: 51X9Wk8ZzML.jpg (52 KB, 342x500) Image search: [Google]
51X9Wk8ZzML.jpg
52 KB, 342x500
>>81705985
(So fucking lonnnngggg I had to break it in two)

Batman is the Dark and Nightwing is the light and Batgirl fits neatly in between those two extremes making it appealing to just about everybody. The story is rich and real, and I actually liked both of her villains a lot. They aren't Batman's villains, but they could be. No other Bat Comic has bad guys anywhere near as interesting as Batman's so this is a huge plus for Batgirl and her Author. For the fans who got upset by Barbara being able to walk again, don't be. As soon as you read it you will see that Barbara "Was always meant to be Batgirl." One of my favorite moments of the book was the interaction she had with Nightwing for one issue. This story was definitely written for us girls and when Nightwing and Batgirl part ways so she can find her confidence on her own again you will be so heartbroken. Just as I Believe Batman and Catwoman were Made for each other, I Believe Barbara and Dick are practically soul mates and I Love Barbara's inner monologues. They are very sophisticated but still filled with emotion. The Story on it's own is already good, but Batgirl is definitely first and foremost about the character. What she does is only one part of it and that is how you keep readers engaged.
>>
>>81706006

>she ships babs and dick

DicKori 4 lyfe
>>
>Superman
A black woman

>Wonder Woman
A black woman
>>
>>81705108
>Preacher better than Hitman
REMOVE
>>
Jason Aaron + Thor = Sure Thing, right? Well... no. Jason Aaron is definitely one of my favourite comics writers due to penning the superb Scalped and the ongoing Marvel series Wolverine and the X-Men, but his more recent stuff like Thanos Rising and this Thor series have felt really lacking in the quality he usually brings to his projects. Maybe he's stretched, or just uninspired, but I didn't enjoy this very poor effort.

Aaron shows Thor at three different points in his long life - as a young man, living amongst Vikings in the 9th century; as he is in our time, an Avenger; and in the future, where he resembles his dad with one eye, has one arm, and looks old and worn out. Gorr the God Butcher has been, well, butchering gods for millennia but kept Thor alive until the last as he is the only one who stood up to him. Why is he slaughtering gods? He doesn't quite like them. Doesn't like their attitudes or the way they comport themselves, so they've gotta die. That's basically it for character motivation.

So this entire book is Thor, at various points in his life, seeing the effects of Gorr's work, looking at the slaughtered gods and swearing to hunt him down. Gorr meanwhile continues killing gods. Gorr and Thor sometimes cross paths and fight - no one dies or seems to be majorly hurt, despite limbs being hacked off. More gods die. There's a giant lake of god blood. The story is to be continued. The end. Very unsatisfying!
>>
>>81707595

The story is very weak and repetitive and the characters barely interesting. Thor is an ok character but I feel he's still a bit one-dimensional - despite the various stages in his life, he remains brash and overconfident only with varying levels of both. Gorr on the other hand remains boringly powerful. There isn't an obstacle in his path that causes him a hindrance - he can overcome them all without any sign of effort. He can create armies of powerful beings out of nothing, he can morph his body into powerful weapons (his arm turns into an unbreakable black sword), he can regrow limbs, he can travel through time, he can do whatever, whenever, however. Is there anything more pointless than an invincible bad guy? What's more annoying is that he's bound to fall in the second book in some contrived way ("No, not my Achilles heel which you just discovered in Volume 2!"). His character design and invincibility reminded me a lot of Super Buu from Dragon Ball who's another alien god-like creature who can't be beaten - so even though he's not much of a character, it looks like Aaron's lifted him from an older Japanese comic rather than bothering to create someone original.

I've always known Thor is a god but it wasn't until I read this book and the god characters show up in their scores that I really questioned gods in Marvel.
>>
>>81707642
Though I'm non-religious, a god to me should be more abstract and intangible than simply a human or alien with superpowers, and even then only some of them seem to have them! In this book, gods are basically replicas of humans or aliens and live on orbiting moons - it just seems too literal an interpretation. It also makes them seem less than gods and more like the rest of us whom we've wrongly assigned the label gods - in which case, they really aren't gods at all. Which is fine, maybe that was Aaron's intention - I get the impression he's non-religious too - but it makes the story that much less impressive. The God Butcher is really just an unkillable, angry alien who hates beings whom less powerful beings call gods - a Butcher instead. The story becomes far less dramatic and much more mundane.
>>
>>81705985
>>81706006
Unlike most of /co/ I actually thought that Simone's Batgirl run was pretty good (that is when it wasn't event bullshit), but It's crazy to me to imply that it's an amazing comic or any kind of ideal for Batgirl comics.
>>
>>81707689

I'm also not a fan of Esad Ribic's art. It's not terrible but somehow the subject matter of Thor and epic-ish battles combined with his style make so many panels in this book look like cover art for 80s heavy metal albums.

It's surprising to see Jason Aaron produce such an uninspired comic but that's what this is. The God Butcher is a barely involving storyline that jumps around in time to make you think things are happening when they're not. The story barely has a pulse, the characters are dull, and this book is utterly tedious to read. Thank god(s) for Wolverine and the X-Men!
>>
File: Avengers with Spiderman.jpg (64 KB, 636x417) Image search: [Google]
Avengers with Spiderman.jpg
64 KB, 636x417
>>81701196
>>81701434
>>81701531
>>81701688
>>81702020
>>81702091
>>81702133
>>81702134
>>81702252
>>81702331
>>81704263
>>81704494
>>81705108
>>81705602
>>81705926
>>81705985
>>81706006
>>81707595

The internet is a sea of attention whore/drama queens who would otherwise never be listened to if they were the person who first noticed the fire in a crowded theater. And you are going to pick one of them to help you made a decision, or to guide your taste/popular culture/genre selections or to affirm/disprove them?

>too much time on your hands
>>
>>81707721
Would you be from tumblr? LGBT? hmmm?
>>
>>81707721
>no accounting for taste
>>
>>81707964
>I don't get something wah
>>
>>81706181
Huh
>>
>>81707745
>>81707745
>>>81707689
>I'm also not a fan of Esad Ribic's art. It's not terrible but somehow the subject matter of Thor and epic-ish battles combined with his style make so many panels in this book look like cover art for 80s heavy metal albums.

How is that a bad thing?I wanted Ribic on Thor even before I found out he was for just that reason
>>
>>81709357
>>81709411
No, and I never said it was great, just slightly above average. It at least handled Barbara coming to terms with her previous paralysis somewhat competently. I would probably never buy the trades, but it was worth reading some of the torrents, which is more than I can say for a lot of series.
>>
I don't have a favourite, but I immediately thought of Road To Perdition for some reason, so I went with that.

>In case you don't know, this is a comic book.

>Beware comic book format

>From the outset I have to say that it was my mistake in ordering this item from 'amazon.com.'. I thought it was an actual novel from the great movie "The Road from Perdition" I was to receive, which I truly believe to be one of the great movies of recent years. It was in fact, to my dismay, what they call a 'graphic novel'- in other words, a comic for the story.
>I have no doubt, that within that genre (graphic novel) it is a story of some value, but I was expecting otherwise and was duly disappointed. What more can I say?
Perhaps 'amazon.com' need to clearly articulate a 'graphic novel' as opposed to the the old fashioned novel that I was expecting to receive.

Can't tell which one's worse.
>>
>>81709829
Bwahhhhaahahh
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.