[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The shot of BATMAN leaping off of a building looks fun -
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3
File: Batfleck 3.gif (3 MB, 540x550) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck 3.gif
3 MB, 540x550
>The shot of BATMAN leaping off of a building looks fun - and I'm hearing he's in this film quite a bit more than we're expecting, so that's fantastic to me, as Affleck was the best thing about BATMAN V SUPERMAN for me, at least.

tfw Batfleck will be come the Hugh Jackman/Wolverine for the DCCU

tfw i am ok with that.
>>
almost forgot
>tfw this movie is basically a live action Assault on Arkham
>>
>>81698065
...no it's not.
>>
SS chillin at the bar. Batfleck swoops down and snaps every neck in the room
>>
>>81698034
My only problem with Batfleck was the killing. If they at least explained that he turned darker and started being ok with killing after Robin died it'd be ok; as of the moment it kinda looks like he was always a BAT OF MURDER.
>>
>>81698631

They explained that Batman has been getting a lot more Brutal, including Killing, ever since the destruction of Metropolis.
>>
>>81698631
>he was always a BAT OF MURDER.
>suicide squad movie
?
>>
>>81699000
I see the "WHY DIDN'T THEY EXPLAIN WHY BATS STARTED KILLING PEOPLE" thing pontificated on /co/ over and over and over, and I start to wonder, maybe people are right. Maybe we are too fucking stupid to understand a Zack Snyder movie.

It blows me away that Alfred's cruelty speech has all of the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face, and people still don't fucking get it.
>>
>>81698631
I think they sort of tried to do that, even if they did it kinda poorly. There were scenes where Alfred pointed out that Batman was getting more and more EXTREEEME and it worried him. Also, the implication in the end that he had a change of heart. It wasn't good, but it was something.
>>
>>81699095
Or "did lex knew their identities?"
>>
>>81699110
>I think they sort of tried to do that, even if they did it kinda poorly.

They didn't do it poorly. You can say a lot of things about BvS, but Bruce's personal journey and characterization checks out completely and all of the footwork is done for it.

If you honestly needed a scene where they flashed back to a young Bruce who says. "I will never kill someone, I'm a good person with a strong moral code." then that's your personal problem.

Multiple times throughout the movie they establish that Bruce's cruelty and nihilistic cynicism is a recent thing and that he's been doing this for a long ass time, if you honestly couldn't pick up on this, this is YOUR problem.
>>
>>81699095

I don't want to say "PEOPLE ARE TOO DUMB TO GET THIS MOVIE" because BvS does have actual problems.

But it's the same with Man of Steel, people always saying like "WHY XYZ" and every time it's responded with "The movie explained that here"
>>
>>81699145
Do they explain how he knows? The only times I've seen people on /co/ defend it they either make assumptions or say it was in some comic, both of which are dumb ways to explain it.
>>
>>81699236
There's no scene where they flat out explain it, because Luthor's machinations were purposefully shrouded in mystery, but it's pretty much explained that Luthor has a massive network of information that he's been gathering intel on metahumans for a massive time. Hence why he has all of the videos of The Flash, why he has that photograph of Wonder Woman from WW1, etc. It's the same reason why he would know who Bruce and Clark are. DCEU pretty much operates on the logic "Hey what if people who should be smart weren't fooled by a pair of glasses."

It's a weaker part of the movie, but in a movie already overstuffed, we really didn't need a scene where Luthor explains how he knows who they are. "Smartest dude in the world puts two and two together." is fine, imo.
>>
>>81698631
>>81699110
The whole movie is about Bruce deciding that he has to kill Superman, but at the end learns that he has to help those like him, who have powers but are good.
So I suppose he started killing after the Metropolis incident wich made him feel insignificant.

He also marks some criminals so they are killed in jail, but he doesn't mark Lex at the end, so I suppose he becomes less brutal by the end of the movie.

Some people have pointed out about the dream sequence at the begining, with little Bruce falling to a pit and then floating towards the light, foreshadowing the whole movie being about how he reached bottom of the barrel but at the end he fins the light again or something.
>>
>>81699312
But nothing he does is really smart, hell, a lot of what he does is flat out delusional or stupid. I'd be fine if they explained it with "keeping a secret identity is fucking hard" and showed a clip of Bats and Supes fucking up but "because he's smart" doesn't really work when he seems slightly above average intelligence at best.
>>
>>81699445
>when he seems slightly above average intelligence at best.

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>81699748
Name one thing that actually shows off his super smarts that isn't him just magically knowing something with no explanation.
>>
>>81699095
It's just that people forget that retarded is the new average. Making a movie for average intelligence is now "too smart" unfortunately.
>>
>>81698631
>I need everything spoonfed to me and am incapable of using context clues
>>
>>81699095
>>81698631
based on watchmen vs watchmen final cut makes me think they probably somehow left it out to save time
>>
>>81701141
They didn't leave ANYTHING out. In absolutely no unclear terms Alfred tells Batman that he's become more cruel because of his feelings of powerlessness at witnessing Superman and Zod's battle in Metropolis. There is literally no room for any other interpretation, holy hell.
>>
>>81698631
Batman was never outright killing in Dawn of Justice. I see it more as not caring as much what happens the people he's fighting and just being more brutal. I think maybe he felt like it's not just himself who's insignificant, but also the criminals. Of course, by the end of the movie Superman has changed his mind.
>>
>>81701640
He shot a car full of criminals until it exploded then he rammed it with the Batmobile
>>
>>81703297
They are just sleeping
>>
>>81701640
No he outright kills people. He directly and intentionally does things that cause them to do knowing full well they will die.
>>
Like, BvS isn't a good movie, and Snyder should NOT be in charge of capeshit, but for fucks sake there's no questions that aren't easily answered through viewing of the movie
>>
File: IBelieveYou.gif (921 KB, 400x172) Image search: [Google]
IBelieveYou.gif
921 KB, 400x172
>>81703549
>>
>>81699312
>Hence why he has all of the videos of The Flash, why he has that photograph of Wonder Woman from WW1, etc.
You know, this is what bothers me.
I would buy this explanation if not for one very simple fact:
Superman and Batman don't have a freaking folder.
Why wouldn't you have a folder on them?
To separate the information so any leak is limited?
Then why put 4 of them in the same place to begin with?
It's not even like the movie treats Batman or Wonder Woman (the only two people to see the folder) at any point like they're shocked that Luthor knows who they are.
It would have been so easy to just include a Batman and Superman folders in that shot, have Bruce take a glance into it, mutters something like "I'm coming for you, Clark" or not even that just take a look at his name, withe like a satellite picture of the Kent farm above it, and then pass the folder onto Wonder Woman.

That would have narratively connected the things, but as things are, it feels very out of place. Like his research into those 4 is completely separate and he has nothing on Batman and Superman.

And don't tell me that's what they were going for, but they changed it for the sake of UUUU C I A.
>>
>>81703549
After their rubber explosions right?
>>
>>81703897
Yeah, there probably should have been Batman and Superman folders. Here's my own little rationalization, though: Batman isn't a metahuman so he doesn't belong in that folder, and Lex is absolutely obsessed with Superman, so he wouldn't just put all his Supes stuff alongside these other small fish. The Flash and Cyborg are interests of his, but Superman is the the main attraction. He'd probably have a special folder all on its own for Superman stuff.

But I'm just bullshitting here. It'd be better if there were Batman and Superman folders next to the others.
>>
>>81703297
Batman is GTA online on passive mode. No direct shooting or killing but when he is in a vehicle all bets are off.
>>
>>81703297
>>81703549
>>81703959
>implying normal humans in the Snyderverse don't have higher durability than real life humans and can survive such attacks by Batman without dying

:^)
>>
I liked Battfleck a lot, but I'm so goddamn sick of solo Batman movies. I want to see character interact more with the rest of the DCU.
>>
>>81704750
well he was just in a movie with superman, and gonna be in the SS movie and the JL movies....so I mean hes gone from no interaction with the rest of the DCU in any movies to 3 (4 if you count the second JL)
>>
>>81698631
>All Joker scens from SS are flashbacks
>Batman snapped his neck after he killed Robin
>>
>>81704778

Yeah but with all the clamor to give him his own movie, I don't want another Bat-trilogy. I'm afraid WB will see him as just their only lucrative name-recognition property and then we'll end up with a repeat of the comics line-up with a million fucking Bat-line related books.
>>
>>81698631
>If they at least explained

WB was right, BvS was too "smart" for most people. The average IQ levels have dropped so much that people now have trouble understanding anything that happens on screen unless the movie holds their hand and gives them a step by step explanation, accompanied by verifying narration repeating that goes "yes, everything that you just saw was indeed the already mentioned XYZ that happened, notice the notarized copies in triplicate"
>>
>>81703959
exactly.
>>
>>81705006
Or they'll just keep making the movies theyre making and add one or two batman ones in between you can simply forgo watching.
>>
>>81705036
Solution: kill all retards.
>>
>>81705036
To be fair Batman killing was the only thing that was properly explained that people bitch about.
>>
>>81705006

There are rumblings of possible Nightwing, Barbera and Jason/Red Hood. So the Bat family may appear in solo Batfleck movie.
>>
>>81698631
How much of an idiot are you? They explain it in the fucking movie!
>>
>>81703789
>like

Seriously GTFO back to 1989 Beverly Hills.
>>
>>81705264

No, I've heard plenty of people bitching about Luthor's plan to discredit Superman with the set-up in Africa and the subsequent hearing, and then the suicide bombing itself.

They seem to think that Luthor wanted to frame Superman as directly CAUSING those deaths by shooting people, making shit explode, etc, when it was pretty fucking obvious that he was trying to get people to doubt his ability or willingness to PREVENT them.
>>
>>81703897
I interpreted as Superman and Batman are sure things everyone knows about and he probably has their respective folders elsewhere. These other 'metas' are just leads and information he's gathering no one knows about, but he's trying to figure out.
>>
>>81708246
But Lois was there, they could have just asked her what happened. The sound of Superman getting there really fast didn't happen until all the shooting stopped, if they just talked to a witness that wasn't clearly traumatized they could have gotten an unbiased answer.
>>
>>81708411
>Lois
>unbiased

Fuck, people really are stupid.
>>
>>81708475
Do they all know her connection to him? And even if they do she'd be less biased than the girl with dead parents and desperately needs someone to blame for it.
>>
>>81708475
Is this the only movie that people try their hardest to come up with the most convoluted "plot holes?"
>>
>>
>>81708660
Are you saying that if you needed a witness that would explain the situation in the least biased manner and your only options were "Reporter saved by him a lot and may have kissed him once" and "orphan that needs someone to blame for her dead parents" you'd choose the orphan?
>>
>>81699095
I missed that dialogue then, I don't remember them explaining why Batman is batshit insane
>>
>>81699202
If a lot of people missed it - then it was done poorly
>>
>>81709425
You forget most people are fucking retarded and can't read between the lines. Fuckin /co/ in particular. A big black nigger dingus could slap them in the face 20 times and they'd still be asking what hit them
>>
>Guys some retards are talking about plotholes that don't exist!!!
That doesn't change the fact that the movie is shit.
>>
>>81698065
Sort of like how Assault on Arkham is a cartoon Suicide Squad?
>>
>>81698631
Has Robin even been alluded to at all?
>>
>>81698631
>If they at least explained that he turned darker and started being ok with killing after Robin died it'd be ok; as of the moment it kinda looks like he was always a BAT OF MURDER.

That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.
>>
>>81698631
But the Batman that I was expecting was very much like Arkham Knight batman, brutal in the sense he breaks bones and causes serious harm to thugs, but he never kills.

Its batman 101, his no kill rule is his character definition, I really enjoy stories of having Bats pushed to that line and having that inner struggle, I recently just read Hush and really enjoyed the scene when he goes all out on the joker while trying to justify killing him before he is brought to his senses by Gordon.

Ben Affleck was the batman I wanted but I started to worry when he was being stupid and doing things batman wouldn't do and then I lost interest in the movie when he killed.

Another thing to note, I don't think Zack understands these characters, I recently saw a vid of him trying to justify why his batman killed because he thinks batman did in the dark knight returns with the 'i believe you' scene then apparently bats shoots him in the head? Where was that, cos I didn't see that in the comic. Also he tries to shrug it off with "well the other batman movies did it so why not?" Paraphrasing but it was along those lines.

I could rant on forever about this, but thats just a small piece of my opinion on this portrayal of batman
>>
>>81713279
His costume was right near the beginning.
>>
>>81714090
>Another thing to note, I don't think Zack understands these characters, I recently saw a vid of him trying to justify why his batman killed because he thinks batman did in the dark knight returns with the 'i believe you' scene then apparently bats shoots him in the head? Where was that, cos I didn't see that in the comic. Also he tries to shrug it off with "well the other batman movies did it so why not?" Paraphrasing but it was along those lines.
It's right before Robin suits up for the first time. Or after? Around that part.
That being said, it's left perhaps intentionally ambiguous.
There is one shot, but the "blood" isn't around the bullet hole, so there is some chance it's actually just some random splatter because Gotham is a dirty shit hole, and the guy just passed out from fear.

It seems weird, but since this happens before the whole thing where Joker makes a big speech about how Batman never killed, and where the Joker even has to kill himself to implicate Batman, it seems more likely than not.
>>
>>81714090
He did kill in TDKR
>>
>>81714806
I'm 90% sure that sluts head is still intact with no bullet entry. If anything he shot her in the shoulder just to make her stop the kid
>>
>>81698034
he was actually a real good batman but he deserved a less cluttered movie
>>
>>81714090
>lost interest when he killed

So you lost interest with every live action Batman film then right?
>>
>>81715049
to be quite honest, yes

No major live action film has gotten batman right in my opinion, some have gotten closer than others but then they pull a 'I don't have to save you' or he bombs a factory line/scene.

>>81714806
I just pulled that page up in my book, I dunno if you read the noir version but in my one which was colored it looks like dirt to me, I think bats just shot right next to his head which made the thug drop the kid in shock

>>81714938
Really? Who?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.