[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got done marathoning this. Season Five really seemed like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 192x256
Just got done marathoning this. Season Five really seemed like it was going somewhere big and then it just... petered out. I feel cheated, in a way.
>>
>>81696858
I felt the same way. It's like they had a genuinely hard-hitting message planned, but the corporate censors vetoed it and gave us some watered down, namby pamby coming-of-age shit.
>>
>>81696858
I haven't watched it in a while what was happening to daria in season 5?
>>
>>81698076
What do you mean what was happening to her?
>>
I think that's the point.
I watched the series last year and graduated a year before that.
And it felt the same.
You expect something big but life just goes on.
And yes i too felt cheated. Just as in real live.
In my opinion daria did a great job capturing that feeling.
>>
>>81698151

>art imitating life

It really needs to stop that shit, and writers need to stop hiding behind it as an excuse for boring writing.
>>
>>81698364
No, I think he has a point. Disappointment seems to be at the core of Daria's being.
>>
File: JDIMSA.png (186 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
JDIMSA.png
186 KB, 500x446
>watched Daria as preteen
>expected Daria gf in high school
>never got Daria gf

you think you feel cheated?
>>
>>81696858
is that a morty t shirt?
>>
The show had two made for tv movies after the show. You should probably watch them. Although I don't think you will get any fulfillment out of it.
>>
Tried watching Daria as a mid 20s something and couldn't get into it, would had loved it as a teenager for sure

Good thing I avoided >>81698484
>>
>>81698484
Yeah. Daria is pure relationship material because unlike almost all women, she has wit, intelligence, and a nuanced yet genuine sense of ethics.
>>
Do you think a Daria reboot would survive in this PC era?
>>
>>81698585
No.
>>
>>81698585
Yes. People would find it refreshing.
>>
>>81698364
I don't think it's a problem and I certainly don't think daria was boring.
I actually think it is a sign of good writing if a series is entertaining but still relatable.
It is obviously fictious because many things would never happen like that in real life.
The trick is to find a good balance between relatable and exaggeration.

>>81698484
>>81698574
>mfw when gf is daria without bored as fuck voice

>>81698585
I think this PC era need some based show writers. They could make it happen.
But i think where she wouldve been witty twenty years ago shed be some sjw bitch today.
>>
>>81698585
What do you think would happen? A bunch of people on the Internet would complain. But that goes for every show on TV right now.
>>
>>81696858
>seemed like it was going somewhere big and then it just... petered out. I feel cheated, in a way.

Just like real life.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.