[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does this guy appears outside watchmen? tell me he does please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: dr_manhattan.jpg (11 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
dr_manhattan.jpg
11 KB, 220x300
does this guy appears outside watchmen? tell me he does please.
>>
>>81693573
he's loosely adapted from Captain Atom
>>
File: Pax19.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Pax19.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81693573
Not him specifically (there IS unfortunately Before Watchmen), but Captain Allen Adam, an expy, is in Pax Americana and Superman Beyond.
>>
>>81693573
His concept is also similar to Alan Moores captain Marvel, so you have some options for the archetype.
>>
>>81693592
>>81693608
>>81693651
that's sad, would be awesome if manhattan went to another universe and started to explore it, discovering news things and other powerful beings like him

I can't think of any character with his personality, what a waste.
>>
>>81693658
I think you kind of missed the point of the book Anon.
>>
>>81693573
He has many cameo appearances in The Smurfs and Avatar.
>>
>>81693674
What was the point of the book?
>>
>>81693674
oh I didn't read it, I watched the movie (director's cut) and loved him
>>
>>81693725
>>
>>81693733
I will read it, I promise.
>>
>>81693658
>I can't think of any character with his personality
Vision, in certain incarnations
Machine Man in Earth-X is also rather similar
and Isaac Newton in The Vision of Escaflowne
>>
>>81693608
Everyone in Watchmen is an expy of a Charlton Comics character, because Alan Moor originally envisioned the comic as being a dark re-imagining of the Charlton universe since DC had just bought them out. DC said no because they wanted to fold the Charlton characters into the DC universe, and Moore's comic was too dark and adult for that, not to mention it ends a lot of the characters' storylines. Dr. Manhattan is Captain Atom, Rorschach is The Question, Nite Owl is Blue Beetle, etc.

Interestingly enough I live right across the river from Derby Connecticut, which is where Charlton Comics was based out of. I've met some of the artists who used to draw comics like Captain Atom before the buyout, although all that happened long before my time.
>>
>>81693651
Marvelman?
>>
>>81693826
Shit, my bad, In my head I know the character was just a captain marvel rip off so I subconsciously wrote that out instead.
>>
>>81693573
He appeared to me irl. Dr. Manhattan tried to suck my dick
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (22 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
22 KB, 300x450
>>81693658

Eh. Read this.
>>
>>81693608
>Imagine how your 3-D world appears to me.
Spooky
>>
>>81693573
He does please
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.