[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a thought, but if Suicide Squad beats Batman V Superman,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Superman's_classic_pose.png (810 KB, 858x684) Image search: [Google]
Superman's_classic_pose.png
810 KB, 858x684
Just a thought, but if Suicide Squad beats Batman V Superman, both at the box office and with the critics, will that be a sign that the general public is bored of clean cut heroes and would prefer more morally grey, darker anti-heroes?
>>
No, it means Snyder sucks at his job.
>>
>>81688259
I thought this is how things were already hence moody Supes and even moodier Batman with edgy Diana
>>
>>81688293
/Thread
>>
>>81688259
You're confused OP, SvB was the movie about morally grey dark anti-heroes.
Suicide Squad is the movie about the morally grey Lighthearted anti-villains.
>>
It means Superman is the problem and ten more years of Batman/Joker fuckfests.
>>
>>81688259
No, considering there are like 500 other factors at work here.
>>
>>81688462
Also does Cavill double-teapot even once in those movies?
>>
>>81688407
>morally grey Lighthearted anti-villains
As a trend, I don't mind his at all. Wouldn't mind a Thunderbolts movie, quite honestly.
>>
>>81688259
With the success of Deadpool this could actually happen. Which i would bate. Crazy superheroes with rawnchy humor are fun once in a while but it will be horrible if it becomes the new trend.
>>
>>81688444
>It means Superman is the problem

Not if Superman solo film was making more money than a Superman film with Batman in it
>>
>>81688531
I feel like the villain who's just in it for the money/fun, and will team up with heroes against villains who are just out to hurt people, is a very underutilized concept nowadays.
>>
>>81688259
It really just means Snyder is a piece of shit. If we keep the cast and writers and switch him out for another director, and suddenly it does well, it's the control experiment that'll tell you that Snyder REALLY can't direct.
>>
>>81688407
>Lighthearted
So Will Smith is totally going rap, right?
>>
>>81688259
Superman and Batman are morally gray dark anti-heroes in BvS
>>
>>81688259
No, but that's what the suits at WB are going to think and will effect the rest of the movies.
>>
>>81689042
Oh fuck I hope so
>>
>>81689042
It would certainly be the one redeeming quality of the film, that's for sure.
>>
>>81688259
>>81688259

It means the public is retarded and doesnt want prometheus making the übermensch a failure that needs to fight the Solan God un human shape.
>>
File: this kid's not alright.png (776 KB, 852x477) Image search: [Google]
this kid's not alright.png
776 KB, 852x477
>>81689790
This is an english board sempai
>>
File: 96.png (63 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
96.png
63 KB, 250x188
>Man of Murder
>clean cut hero
>>
inb4 Xenos
>>
>>81688597
So they give Batman's rogues to Supes?
>>
>>81688259

Oh sure. Because Murderman vs Man of Murder was such wholesome fun.
>>
>>81688597

Man of Steel was better and more profitable. Yeah.
>>
>>81688259
So long as Marvel keeps doing a decent job with Cap, there's still hope.
>>
File: bvs is shit.jpg (304 KB, 598x522) Image search: [Google]
bvs is shit.jpg
304 KB, 598x522
>>
>>81688293

This. BvS is gonna make close to a billion when all is said and done and that's with critical backlash and poor WOM. If it was actually good and universally loved by movie goers it would have already passed the billion mark by now.
>>
>>81688259
It'll mean Zack Snyder is fucking terrible at his job.
>>
File: all smiles.jpg (98 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.jpg
98 KB, 1920x800
>>81688259

The characterization or even lack comic accuracy was not the reason the movie didn't make billions, you might think that because you mostly heard comic-fag opinions but that sure doesn't represent the opinion of the target audience.
>>
>>81688259
It's a sign that people prefer quirky action-comedies over convoluted cape dramas.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.