[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to get into Spawn? HBO animated movies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Spawn.jpg (141 KB, 470x353) Image search: [Google]
Spawn.jpg
141 KB, 470x353
What's the best way to get into Spawn? HBO animated movies, animated series, or live action movie? I would read the graphic novels but watching something is easier than reading something since I multitask a lot
>>
>>81682380
>What's the best way to get into Spawn?

Don't. It's shit. When the creator relinquishes creative control of his own property to negotiate the production of toys of professional athletes, you end up with unmemorable page filler.
>>
Protip: Don't.

You can thank me for all the time and money I've just saved you.
>>
>>81682758
>>81682805
Is it really that bad? I've only seen bits and pieces of the series but it seems pretty dark and edgy

[spoilers]i like dark and edgy shit[/spoilers]
>>
>>81683017
It started off ok, but the McFarlane started padding shit out to make it run on longer and the quality dropped. There's years of that 'wise mentor knows shit about the future but only hints at it endlessly instead of just sitting you down and explaining it'.
There's several 'jumping on' pints that are nearly soft retcons, and Spawn is just an unlikeable douche most of the time.

Plenty of grimdark edgy shit in there though, so if you like that, maybe just torrent the lot.
>>
>>81683017
the show. probably just stop there, but up to you.
>>
Spawn did not age well.
>>
>>81683017
Give the HBO stuff a try, I'm pretty sure it's all on youtube.

The comic is pretty enjoyable for what it is. It may not be much praise, but it's much better than most of the 90's Image stuff.
>>
HBO spawn is ideal if you just want to get the jist of the story with some excellent animation and voice acting

comics 1-100 are great and everyone who says otherwise are a pack of faggots, capullo is especially notable for drawing excellent shit

a lot of the spinoffs from around the same time are fantastic, especially the Sam & Twitch spin off which is what Gotham Central could've been if DC weren't a pack of sissies and allowed their characters to curse, drink, and smoke

once you get past spawn 100, things go downhill pretty fast
>>
File: Spawn_#001_00FC.jpg (543 KB, 996x1521) Image search: [Google]
Spawn_#001_00FC.jpg
543 KB, 996x1521
>>81682380

Just read Spawn #01 and go from there.
>>
>>81689310
This. But stop at the end of the Armgeddon arc.
>>
>>81683300
What issues are those jumping on points?
>>
I think the HBO animation aged better than the comic, and the live action film remains enjoyable by virtue of nostalgia/camp value.

Good costumes, some pretty good issues, but I could never hold on to it for any of it's large action payoffs.
>>
spawn hbo, books, music, weed, movie
>nice little evening
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.