[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Civil War was a big disappointment... (spoilers)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: speedball.jpg (170 KB, 596x641) Image search: [Google]
speedball.jpg
170 KB, 596x641
I was rushing to finish the entire arc as the movie is coming out soon and I wanted to see what the original source material was like before the movie ruins my expectations.

It was an enjoyable read but the quality was very erratic. Some parts I truly enjoyed (the main conflict, the entire political drama around Speedball, Sally Floyd/Ben Urich ). And there were others that made me want to give up on life (Guggenheim Wolverine chapters, Runaways chapters, any "poem" chapter comparing the struggle to 9/11 and other horrific events, etc.). The ending also was extremely short and anti-climatic to the point where I questioned why I just spent the last month reading the entire thing for it to end on such a crappy note.

What were the reactions comic fans had to the Civil War arc when it came out back in the day? Which storylines did they like the most? Did they like the ending?
>>
>>81679971
>I was rushing to finish the entire arc
You poor soul.
>>
>>81679971
>What were the reactions comic fans had to the Civil War arc when it came out back in the day?
Comic fans despised it and thought it was horrible. Casuals fucking loved it and think it's one of the best comics ever.

These reactions have continued on ever since.
>>
Civil War is nothing like the comic. The only similar thing is the name.
>>
>why I just spent the last month reading the entire thing
I'm fairly certain you could read the entire book in less than an hour, why on earth did it take you so long?
>>
>>81680452
there is more to comics than text.
>>
>>81680349
Basically this
It's a subpar to mediocre book if you completely ignore that the characters portrayed in it all have long and storied histories
It's absolute trash if you don't
>>
>>81680452
OP meant the whole event.
>>
>>81680452
Sounds like he read the entire event + tie-ins, not just the main series.

I get it, though. Not everyone has time to read posts.
>>
>>81679971
> liked Sally Floyd

She's one of the most disliked parts

> do you even know what Myspace is
>>
>>81679971
You had me until you said you enjoyed Sally Floyd. It was good bait otherwise. All. Airs should have basis in truth.
>>
>>81680605
>>81680717
what? but the complete thing can take you like 5-6 hours max. OP probably can't read or some shit like that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.