[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>take best member of Teen Titans >make him worst member
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (101 KB, 171x363) Image search: [Google]
file.png
101 KB, 171x363
>take best member of Teen Titans
>make him worst member of the Justice League

why?

How will normies respond to him in the movies?
>>
>>81676456
You know why
>>
>>81676456
Cyborg was one of the worst members of Teen Titans

Unless you're talking about the cartoon
>>
>>81676456
>why?
They wanted a more "diverse" team roster and one woman and one minority fill that quota.
>How will normies respond to him in the movies?
Depends on if he's just the black boom tube operator or he actually has a function in the JL. My bet is something to do with hacking an alien computer but they'll show some kind of digital representation of him in the computer transforming his hands into big hammers to knock down firewalls. Either way normies will be happy enough if he says BOOYAH.
>>
>>81676456
>How will normies respond to him in the movies?
>implying the DCEU will last that long
>>
>>81677402
Why not John Stewart? Would also serve to reset the Green Lantern image sort of.
>>
>>81677489
>John
Not Hal
>Static
Too young, Milestone rights are fucked
>Black lightning
Literally who
>Steel
Ruined
>anybody else
Literally who

Cyborg is the only one left, get over it.
>>
>>81677402
>yfw Cyborg is black Miles O'Brien
>>
>>81677526
>Not Hal
Weak reply, friendo
>>
>>81677489
Because they went with the current JL cast and I think there original intention was to have GL in there too but John Stewart would make it 2 blacks on the team and that means one of them would have to die.

>>81677560
I can forgive that if he pops out a daughter that grows up to look like this.
>>
>>81677671
That is literally the explanation of it.
Johns won't let Hal not be the main Lantern.
>>
>>81677560
Hah, you wish. Hell, I wish. But they'd never let Cyborg get over his angst, or suffer the way O'Brien suffered, or do anything other than use tech well and be justifiably angry in every situation.
>>
>>81677526
You forgot Mr terrific
>>
>>81677721
Oh right, Johns exists.
>>
>>81677794
I said "anybody else"
>>
>>81677818
Not knowing Mr terrific popularity.
>>
File: Jjonahjameson.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Jjonahjameson.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
This is all Geoff Johns' fault

HE'S A MENACE
>>
File: Explosions_are_Terrific.webm (224 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Explosions_are_Terrific.webm
224 KB, 640x360
>>81677867
Is Mr Terrific actually popular outside of that Arrow episode?
Do people even know he's Mr. Terrific?
>>
>>81678022
Arrow has the worst interpretation of the character but I'd say he is as popular as red tornado, hell he was a player in jlu
>>
>>81677794
>>81677867
In keeping with comic book accuracy, Mr. Terrific can't be filmed.
>>
>>81678022
No.

And no.
>>
>>81677299
That's debatable.He was boring in the comics but he was one of the few members of the Teen Titans who never went full retard and screwed up the least.
>>
>>81678022
lmao of course not.

Even comic fans barely care about Mr Terrific.
>>
>>81678022
If I saw that out of context, I'd have thought it was an ad for Beats by Dre.
>>
>>81678132
>I'd say he is as popular as red tornado
I don't think that's that popular and I don't think he's as popular as Red Tornado. Red has Supergirl and Young Justice appearances where he's more than just a back ground character. Compared to Holt who's been a plot device a couple times in Arrow and had one episode, maybe two where he shows what he's capable of physically.

>>81678350
IT IS
I just saved it because it reminded me of Terrific. I always wonder if they realized what they were doing.
>>
I think besides the obvious reasons for his inclusion they kind of want an Iron Man on the team in terms of power set. Wouldn't surprise me if he can fly around in the movie as well as really showing off his blasters and the like. Definitely take advantage of passive hacking skills, allows him to do important things while still doing cool things.
>>
>>81678418
I thought they didn't want to look like they were copying Marvel.
Been kind of curious if they'd try to do something like each of Iron Man's suit ups, always sort of eye candy.
>>
>>81678418
>they kind of want an Iron Man on the team in terms of power set

Then it's kind of shame they can't bring back the Shaq Attack, because Steel basically is Iron Man.
>>
Why does cyborg never look like a cyborg? He always looks like a guy wearing a jacket. Even the Smallville version where it literally was just a guy wearing a jacket, at least made it a really sweet and form fitting jacket. Whenever he does end up looking robotic it's always this overly designed scrap heap of metal. Why doesn't dc just bring in the infinitely superior TT cartoon version and maybe make it more sleeker and slim it down. Maybe stretch it down and make it more Tron Legacy looking.

Does anyone have that picture where someone compares the comics version to the cartoon version and perfectly explains why the cartoon version works and the other doesn't?
>>
>>81676456
Out of all the black characters they cod have picjed Cyborg is the most ripe for a list material.

The dude is a living super mech plugged into the entire interner. The dude could be Metal Gear solid meets Animal Man/Swamp thing but for machines. Give it a whole Atomic Robo SCIENCE theme, have him fight all the mad super science guys in DC, give him some cool trasnformation modes, his dad is literally the Mecha scientist dad cliche. Dumping Cyborg pasta, one is mine

>
Cyborg is really a great character opportunity for the 21st century . This guy is the Swamp Thing or Animal man for science ideas and . We live in a world in which we are virtually omnisentient, knowledge, infornation and data about almost everything is at external acess to us. What is the mind like of a person constantly embodied in that?

>Have you heard this new song
>I've heard every song

All our culture. All our information, are hopes and fears, the collected conscious of mankind, in one person. Call it hypercrisis, call it the singularity, call it whatever, but that is something purely unique to him.

Thats revolutionary.

Now wrap that up in DC Comics super science and transhuman character dynamics and you have a amazing character. Right up there with Superman, Dr Manhatten and Alec Holland in narrative potential. Circumstances aside, Cyborg is a great choice for an a list upgrade.
>>
>>81679142
Stop reposting this
>>
>>81678911
They didnt know what Cyborgs looked like in the past
>>
>
Although they can actually make Cyborg his own stand alone character if they just give him a rogues gallery and some mythos. I don't think people get what makes the A-Listers A-List... It's the villains, the supporting characters and cast, the places and locales, the types of unique problems only their powers can solve... All things combine to form their own mythos. Cyborg has no mythos, he's always on a team.

>>81526875

This backs up what I'm saying above.

My aspiring comic book writer ass keeps coming up with stories for him. His mythos can be turned into something like Ghost in the Shell or Metal Gear Solid. Cyborg's the one you call when you have rogue A.I.s and androids and robots. Hell, I want to make an arc where some group like ARGUS hacks cyborg, forcing him to due missions for them when he doesn't even realize it. This gives Vic an internal "am I really in control here?" struggle too, on top of bad ass cyborg vs android ninja fights.

Johns is right Cyborg is a fucking cool concept, that is more and more impactful as the internet consumes most of our lives. A good writer could legit do some great shit with him, and a good artists could give us sexy mecha action and surreal Trippy internet meme web visuals.

Fuck you could even go ful JLA, the guy is actually op power level wise so you can have him Gurren Laganning the fuck out of space monsters and shit.

Or do a whole astro boy style thing.

He is a fucking half man half super robot plugged into the whole internet how do you drop the ball on that?
>>
>>81677795
Also why we won't see Wally any time soon after Convergence.
>>
>>81676456

Which Titan would be a better member of the league than Cyborg?
>>
>>81679259
Yes... but this is the present. We have a vague idea of what cyborgs look like now. Even the DC YOU version went back to that ugly silver tank top look. Would it kill them to do a dash of Robocop meets Tron?
>>
>>81679219
That's the first time i reposted that, and I said it was a repost
>>
>>81679530
He should constantly change look, beeing a living machine and all
>>
>>81676456
I just love how it's a recycled marketing tactic from the 80's Super Friends series
>>
>>81679521
>Bumblebee
>Lori Lemaris
>Shade the Changing Man
>Tera II
>Oracle
>>
File: file.jpg (1 MB, 1985x1526) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
1 MB, 1985x1526
>>81679521
If I had to pick one?
>>
>>81676456
>normies
Your opinion doesn't matter, hipster trash.
>>
>>81680578
Normies hated BvS and now it's dead

Now tell me that Normie opinions don't matter, faglord
>>
Just make Martian Manhunter a black guy. That's what he basically was in the Bruce Timm cartoons, and the metaphor is so obvious it borders on insulting.

>B-but it doesn't fulfill the diversity quota, blackwashing an alien doesn't get us maximum social justice points!

DC spent thirty years pretending aliens couldn't be black people, they can fucking well start pretending now. They can raceswap Wally West, they can dye a green guy black. And using Jon Stewart was the most elegant choice they could have taken, and he's the best choice if they want the normie crowd. Blame Johns for not letting it go after Green Lantern flopped, now they're stuck with fucking Cyborg.
>>
>>81680316
>>Bumblebee
I've been watching YJ. Did they literally copy Wasp and make her black?

What was Cyborg's first origin? Why wasn't he in YJ?

Also, the kid Super Friends, did Static take Vulcan's place? Didn't Vulcan make a cameo sometime?
>>
>>81680628
Anyone with a brain hated BvS.
>>
File: Cyborg.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
They'll react positively if they use the cartoon version

>Sleek modern design
>Come to terms with being half machine
>Mechanically inclined but still a party animal.
>More then competent fighter
>Jokester through and through

He could be the dose of fun that the DCEU is missing.
>>
>>81681087
Then you can be sure Snyder will kill him as soon as possible.
>>
Aren't Batman, Superman, Flash and J'onn better tech guys then Cyborg or am I remembering that wrong?
>>
>>81681659
You're remembering that wrong. Very wrong. Batman is the only one who could challenge Cyborg there and even then it's hazy.
>>
>>81680990
>Did they literally copy Wasp and make her black?
Yes, but back in the 70's Teen Titans comics
>What was Cyborg's first origin? Why wasn't he in YJ?
Hell, where were Raven, Starfire, Donna Troy, Terra and Supergirl?
>did Static take Vulcan's place? Didn't Vulcan make a cameo sometime?
Black Vulcan was Hanna Barbera's creation b/c they couldn't get use of DC's Black Lightning back in the 70's. Black Lightning was the character you saw in YJ, and Static replaced Black Vulcan
>>
>>81681659
Yeah, like the magic 50's version of those characters when they used to make perfect, life like android duplicates of themselves to fool their reporter girlfriends.
>>
>>81677867
>>81678022
>>81678132

FUCKING KEK

I never even knew this nigga was Mr Terrific this entire time

LITERALLY WHO

arrow fucking sucks, itsmy fault for using arrow as a backround noise show but still even without paying attention most of the time i can figure out who someone is
>>
File: 783240-a17_and_a18_breakout.jpg (68 KB, 596x463) Image search: [Google]
783240-a17_and_a18_breakout.jpg
68 KB, 596x463
>>81678911
>Why does cyborg never look like a cyborg?
>>
>>81679268
I feel like that's the wrong angle. You want to push the he embraces the robot part which is what they have always done because the whole two worlds social message, but in all honesty him rejecting it would be great if handled well.

I'm not saying abandon it, but have him struggle with the new identity. Let himself see himself as one of those plastic surgery addicted ego manics because of the augs always needing updates and needing his body to be reinforced in order to function. Make him accept with a friendship with Beast Boy and how they both struggle with a feeling of losing their humanity.

He's an athlete and he's worked all his life to be at the current level of play. Now all of that means nothing, all the lifting and training is a waste. He can get modified to run faster or stronger in his mind, but he doesn't see it as earned. He'll be a hero, but he kinda refuses to go deeper into his cyborg side than needed meaning that the internet access isn't used besides social media and the odd google.

Maybe have him be unable to charge his cybernetics in his sleep because it irritates him or the fact that he doesn't understand half the shit on him instead of super smart robot man. It's annoying because he might be smart, he doesn't understand all the bells and whistles and maybe add a supporting cast to help him.

Also let him have a dick.
>>
>>81677180
>you know why

Because he's a robot?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.