[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1456720074959.png (374 KB, 351x408) Image search: [Google]
1456720074959.png
374 KB, 351x408
Is anyone else mad about the fact that now that comics have gone mainstream the prices have gone through the roof???

It's ridiculous. I used to go to comic sellers and be able to get my hands on more than 50 comics for like $10. Now anything with Thanos or Guardians on it is being sold for like $27 each. This also goes for online sellers where you could buy batches for a fair price now they go over the $100's. When will it stop?
>>
I dunno fuckhead, open up a book about basic economy and you might understand why that is so.
>>
It's not because of them being mainstream bruh, it's called inflation. There's a reason comics don't cost 25C like they used to, and it isn't movies.
>>
So from what you gave us, you most likely came from the 70s.

It's been 46 years man, how come you don't know jackshit about how comics are made nowadays and the way currency value changes everyday? How are you not aware that 10$ in the 70$ = 10$ now?
>>
>>81673782
I legit got the entire Thanos Imperative from a guy for $5 at this bazar thing. Next year at the same event the guy was selling it for $100. Before, the sellers themselves didn't even know what they had so they would practically give it away. Since there's more market now they have the commodity of pricing them super high. I remember they didn't even checked what you had I your hands when you asked them for the price, now they do.
>>
>>81674126
Offer and demand.
>>
>>81674126
That's the seller choosing the price, not the official price, and it can't be helped. Regular comic books are around $3.99. Quit whining.
>>
>>81674034
I do generally buy really old stuff but I'm 25. Garages, bazar and comic events are where I used to get most of my stuff. Not anymore.
>>
>>81674193
Yeah which is my point. Sellers didn't give a damn before at these events. They just wanted to get rid of things. Now because they know it's in high demand they want to put ridiculous prices on everything.
>>
>>81674294
So you are getting pissy that sellers are more informed nowadays about the price of their products and you can't rip them off anymore? Boo hoo cry more you jew
>>
>>81674126
There's this thing now called "haggling" you should look into it.
>>
>>81673686
Nobody here buys comics.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.