[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else happy they are basically ripping Wonder Woman's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: wwrebirth1.jpg (234 KB, 532x810) Image search: [Google]
wwrebirth1.jpg
234 KB, 532x810
Anyone else happy they are basically ripping Wonder Woman's movie costume for her new comic suit?

With all the times they tried and failed to update it, I can't believe they never got it til now.
>>
It looks like a combo between Fabok's design which was pretty damn good and her movie design

I think it looks great
>>
>>81673643
yeah WW with a cape really works. I like it
>>
>>81673643
I'm more concerned with the fact they finally gave Diana a writer who actually gives a shit about her. (Fuck Meredith Finch.)

The costume strikes me with shocking indifference.
>>
>>81673643
Its just that same greek warskirt shit we have for ever
>>
>>81673643
I love it. The cape's probably temporary, though.
>>
>>81673643
Rucka said it was by accident too. Liam Sharp was sending him progress and he had been drawing the movie costume and Rucka liked it and said to go with it.
>>
>>81673928
Suuuuuuure
>>
>>81673960
He did a 2 hour interview on a podcast. He said one of the first things he asked them was how much movie synergy would be required and they told him none.
>>
>>81673643
Sharpshooter Steve?
>>
>>
File: The New Frontier.jpg (699 KB, 1791x909) Image search: [Google]
The New Frontier.jpg
699 KB, 1791x909
Its not that I dont like it, as in think its ugly, I just dont like that its trying too hard to make her look like a warrior when I like her looking primarily like a super hero instead of having leg armor, armor skirt, and sword strap 24/7

It completely removes any idea that she is also peacful and can do cute or small scale things. I mean in the context of the story it might be fine, I dont know, but as a primary costume all the time I dont like it for that reason. And as a smaller complaint the downwards triangle tiara looks awful.
>>
File: Barda.jpg (68 KB, 314x349) Image search: [Google]
Barda.jpg
68 KB, 314x349
>>81676847
Dude it's greaves on bare legs and an armor miniskirt. Plus her regular corset with a cape. It's not exactly full plate jacket, she could be a lot more 'warrior'.

I get the standards for armor in comic books are not high (I mean most of the time they are "just draw some random panels on this shit" apparently) but WW's gear isn't even Thor or Big Barda-tier. It's not even weeaboo battledress tier.

What good redesigns has WW ever had?

1) the jacket
2) that's literally fucking it

Nobody has ever given her a good Ancient Greek design, or any historical design. If you want something casual it is crazy to me that nobody has ever hit upon rolling the top and skirt into a single patterned dress.
>>
>>81673643
i'd say the most common thing it has with the movie is the headband and the skirt design.
>>
This seems like a good a thread as any to ask, can anybody tell me some good WW series to get into? After watching bvs I wanna explore her history more, any good trade series I could pick up?
>>
File: WW Smiles.jpg (205 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
WW Smiles.jpg
205 KB, 1060x1500
>>81677209
Because the costume is not supposed to be greek themed, its designed for her as an ambassador to America depending on the origin. I swear everyone who just hears "Oh her origin is Greek? WTF WHY ISNT EVERYTHING ABOUT HER GREEK THEN" is just a casual who doesn't actually read anything Wondy related. I am not saying its full armor, im saying obviously the intention is to make it more warrior themed by adding the things I listed which are the major changes. By making it a battle skirt instead of the star underwear it changes the tone of the entire costume a lot, and that "tone" is what im referring to. In Chiang's art and most of the new 52 they did a good job at changing the costume to be subtle and cool looking while still making it like a costume instead of a bunch of gear like a sword strap and leg armor. There is redesigns all the time they are usually just subtle though. The most recent was Finch's awful thing with wrist blades.

If you want an actual greek armor styled design there was the Smallville cameo where Lois dressed up as Wonder Woman, I guess that looked ok.
>>
>>81677454
Just pick a number one and start reading from it.
>>
File: Wonder_Woman_Jacket_Art.jpg (38 KB, 464x732) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman_Jacket_Art.jpg
38 KB, 464x732
>>81677488
I wasn't super clear but my point is there has never been a good redesign, including the historical redesigns. But it is completely legitimate to give her an Ancient Greek design, because the Amazons are an Ancient Greek society removed from normal history.

>By making it a battle skirt instead of the star underwear
Anon, neither is good.
>>
>>81673928
Costume was designed by Tony Daniel no Sharp.
>>
>>81677576
I dont see how you can like Wonder Woman and say her primary design choice for decades isn't good. The thing with the design you posted there is its actually not bad because in the comic itself she does not wear the jacket much, just with the jacket its much worse. It was a boring story though, im glad it ended so fast.
What you're saying about the amazons makes sense but you're missing the crucial detail that her entire origin is she leaves that culture to America to help an American soldier. There's one origin where the Amazons found a female soldier or something and associated the flag with heroism.
>>
>>81673643
Not really a fan. If that's the look you want, ancient Greek warrior. I'd go with >>81675066
>>
>>81677823
If that's what you want I would go with something that actually looks Ancient Greek.
>>
>>81673643

Sword needs to go, but that's a lost cause and only deaf ears remain.
>>
>>81677753
>I dont see how you can like Wonder Woman and say her primary design choice for decades isn't good.
Really easily? I don't think Ragman's design is very good either. And there are plenty of designs I don't like beyond the originals too.

Design =/= character.
>>
>>81677880
Spot on. Sword should always have to brought out specially in preparation. Not carried around normally.
>>
Give her the jacket please
>>
File: 75368566.jpg (15 KB, 154x160) Image search: [Google]
75368566.jpg
15 KB, 154x160
>>81677488
>that smile
Diana is cute. CUTE!
>>
File: Nicola Scott.jpg (1023 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Nicola Scott.jpg
1023 KB, 1988x3056
>>81678094
Agreed, friend
>>
Eh. The New 52 design is still my favorite. Don't know what DC has against underwear.
>>
File: lookitthemsweetarmspikes.jpg (813 KB, 640x971) Image search: [Google]
lookitthemsweetarmspikes.jpg
813 KB, 640x971
>>81673643
psht. it doesnt even have sweet arm spikes.
>>
>>81678305
Worst thing about this is the idea behind it was to make something more pracitcal than what she had.
>>
>>81678676
practical = cover woman's skin
that's the rule
>>
File: oh boy.jpg (187 KB, 1024x1226) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.jpg
187 KB, 1024x1226
>>81678160
Dem curls.
>>
>>81677454
Start with Perez's run. Then you can read Greg Rucka's run. Or you can start off with new 52 run until Azz finishes.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.