[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alt Character Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 26
Post alternertive versions of costumes!
Characters from alternate timelines!
Characters from other universes entirely!

>Added Difficulty. Post what you like about this version of the character that separates it from their main universe counterpart.

DC Animated Universe - Justice Lord Superman
>What I like.
First off, the costume is pure sex. Secondly, this is probably the only version of Supes that goes off the deep end but still retains enough sanity to not go full murder on everything that moves. He's a dictator sure, but he's still somewhat motivated by good intentions. At a certain point, I can't say that about Injustice Supes.
>>
>>81663162
all the justice lord costumes are sexy as fuck
>>
File: Harley BatB Batman.jpg (105 KB, 930x524) Image search: [Google]
Harley BatB Batman.jpg
105 KB, 930x524
>>81663162
favorite retroactive era variations?
>>
File: Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg
396 KB, 1920x1080
Arkham Universe - Arkham Knight (Jason Todd)
>What I like
Like many of the Arkham designs, it manages to strike a balance between functional and menacing. In terms of characterization, this Jason went through a type of hell that the main universe could have only dreamed about. He's as much a child of the Joker as he is a child of Batman and that plays well into his motivations and characterization.
>>
File: 5045706-8161421201-12152.jpg (62 KB, 960x770) Image search: [Google]
5045706-8161421201-12152.jpg
62 KB, 960x770
Ultimate Universe - Iron Man (Tony Stark)
>What I like
Two big reasons why I consider this the definitive version of Tony Stark. Firstly, his alcoholism is treated with extreme care and with subtltey. A line from Ultimates Vol. 1 suggest that no sane person would ever climb into the Iron Man armor sober (hinting at the large amount of fear Tony experiences every time he goes out).

Also, the armor originally required an entire team to manage, hinting at just how much energy and maitenance is necessary to go toe to toe with ultimate level threats.
>>
Ultimate Universe - Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
>What I liked
While the hulk like design of the character leaves much to be desired, tying his powers and spider-man's powers to the Oz formula was a stroke of genius emphasizing the connectedness between these two characters.

While 616 Osborn has a variety of goals, with one of them being kill spider-man. 1610 Norman instead is more singleminded in his quest to attain godlike status/recognition and to murder Peter. Losing his mind to the point where he believes he's on a mission from god to murder Peter. Something about a man whom willingly turns himself into a monstrosity in order to murder you with his bare hands freaks me out.
>>
File: superior-spider-man-4-page-3.jpg (692 KB, 1626x1910) Image search: [Google]
superior-spider-man-4-page-3.jpg
692 KB, 1626x1910
616 Universe - Spider-man (Otto Octavius)
>What I like
While I'm not too keen on Ock being a stone cold murderer and expecting the audience to ever sympathisize with that monster was lunacy, he did provide a shake up to the standard formula and made Slott the most tolerable he's been in years. Also we got the added benefit of other writers taking on Spock at making him something special (Christopher Yost; Mark Waid).
>>
DC TV Universe - Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne)
>What I like
This one of the few iterations that I prefer to the original. Tom Cavanagh & Matt Lestcher have elevated this character to new heights, displaying a shades to this character that we're just not getting in the current line of comics. Also the sound that accompanies the reverse flash's presence is just spooky as fuck.
>>
>>81664276
Yeah, the TV show definitely added depth to the character.
He's actually ones of the few villains who are actually stronger than the hero.
>>
>>81663939
Ock was fucking based, that thing with the villain who couldn't feel due to brain trauma pissed me off so much, he made the only real choice just to be betrayed by weak friends who cared more for the quality of there sleep than the lives of innocent people.
>>
im hyped to see more earth 2 variants on flash and arrow, told were gonna see Robert queen as arrow, hype!
>>
I really liked super-demon in multiversity
>>
BUMP

Scarlett Spider was always my favourite spidey
>>
616 Universe - Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
>What I liked
What started as one of the worst characters in the 90s transitioned into something magical during the events of Grim Hunt by Joe Kelly. After those events coupled with the events of Spider-Island left Kaine with a rejuvinated body and new lease on life. He was too good for this world.
>>
>>81665797
Ben or Kaine?
>>
File: Owlman_Co2E_009.png (166 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Owlman_Co2E_009.png
166 KB, 640x360
DC Film Universe (might actually be canon for DC Animated Universe) - Owlman (Earth 2)
>What I liked.
Where to fucking start with this character. His costume oozes style and sophistication in combination with increasing his strength to wonder woman eqsque levels.

Couple that with his smooth as fucking silk voice by James Woods and a nihlistic endgoal of multivserial apacolopyse and you have a great endgame villain for the Justice League. The fact that he manhandled Batman during their entire fight solidifies this character was not to be fucked with.
>>
quality thread
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132 KB, 1900x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132 KB, 1900x1080
Gods and Monsters Universe - The Justice League (Hernann, Kurt, & Bekka)
>What I liked
They were all individual characters with their own unique backstories and quirks. The fact that the Batman of this universe loves the Beastie Boys is a great character moment.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>81667806
Dammit wrong pic
>>
>>81667806
Best DC film since flashpoint

Great stuff
>>
File: SM901-0004.png (1 MB, 966x1450) Image search: [Google]
SM901-0004.png
1 MB, 966x1450
Smallville Universe - Major Zod
>What I liked
The idea of a younger Zod meant to serve as a foil to Clark rather than a straight up antagonist was a good idea. The British accent may have been a little grating at times but it was fun to see Clark face off against an entire group of individuals with his power set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD3Y-FAyeQ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUO9dmUyjk
>>
File: GaM Superman.jpg (723 KB, 1245x1293) Image search: [Google]
GaM Superman.jpg
723 KB, 1245x1293
>>81663162
Hernan isn't just a evil Superman, but he is his own man, with his own backstory and moral code.
The way he kills kid-Brainiac is simply perfect, he didn't like it, but did it anyway because was the right thing and made it as painless as possible.
I also liked that at the end of the movie he wants to improve as a hero and this doesn't feel forced. Pretty great character overall
>>
File: Deathstroke_Manu_Bennett-2.jpg (232 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke_Manu_Bennett-2.jpg
232 KB, 533x800
DC TV Universe - Deathstroke
>What I liked
What was originally a Teen Titans villain with a very very contraversial history with one of its members (Terra), transitioning into an all around badass for hire for the DC universe, the tv version of Deathstroke adds a layer of personal depth and tragedy missing from comic iteration.

While he didn't get the best send off, his appearances throughout season 1 and 2 were a treat to behold, especially when team arrow arrives at their base just to find slade waiting for them. Scenes for reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGYfhe84Hnk&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdAWsilFy9E
>>
>>81663162
>still retains enough sanity
But Batman Beyond Lord Supes goes completely bugshit insane
>>
>>81668794
Based off of only the TV interpretation I disagree. If we count the continuation in Justice League Beyond you might have something there.

Smallville Universe - Batman
>What I liked.
I love the all black ensemble accompanied with black face paint. I enjoy the fact that this Bruce supposedly started his campaign much earlier than any other iteration of Batman. This Bruce started at the age of 20, making him six year older than Clark and about the same age as Lex and Oliver. Also, the fact his Batsuit is built to project red sun radiation from his emblem was fucking genius.

A last note of interest, in the comic this character has black speech bubbles to reflect he's putting on a Batman voice that is similar to christian Bale's interpretation.
>>
Arkham Universe - Joker
>What I Liked
This Joker appears starts out as a hybrid between Hamill, Dimaggio, and Ledger variations before slowly morphing towards a more classic Hamill heavy style. That said, this character is intensly violent while still attempting to crack humor which is more than I can say about Snyder's Batldick craving interpretation
>>
DC Animated Film Universe - Red Hood (Jason Todd)
>What I Liked
This version of Jason is penned by the orignal author who's written multiple variations of the central story. He wrote it first in Batman Annual #25. He wrote it again in Red Hood Lost Days. And he wrote it a third time in this movie and if I'm being truly honest, the movie verison is by far the most coherent/streamlined version.

Also, Jensen Ackles nails the pain and desperation in Jason that needs to be seen to be believed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs
>>
>>81665015
>that entire world though
>>
>>81667806
>>81668091
Motherfuck that was so good.
>>
>>81669091
Best Arkham Joker by a mile IMO
>>
>>81669335
Jenses is terrible in general but has a bright future if he trains his voice. Great casting. I hated when they announced him
>>
File: Spider-Man_Noir_Portrait_Art.png (64 KB, 487x630) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Noir_Portrait_Art.png
64 KB, 487x630
Spider-Man Noir
>What I liked
The costume itself is so beautiful to look at, but Peter himself in this setting of the Great Depression really makes him a more mature character who while deviating somewhat from the 616 characterization still sees that his power should be used to help.
>>
DCAU - Batman
>What I liked.
This is the definitive iteration of Batman in my eyes. Long and varied history with multiple sidekicks. Iconic and recognizable villains. Eventual member of the Justice League. And one of the few heroes to remain heroing into his late adulthood. Acting a mentor to Terry was one of the best ways to pass the torch to the next generation of Batman
>>
File: AUBucky.jpg (136 KB, 990x1291) Image search: [Google]
AUBucky.jpg
136 KB, 990x1291
Runaways: Battleworld Bucky Barnes
>What I like
He was really likable and I loved his relationship with Valeria von Doom.
>>
File: ManofSteel.jpg (4 MB, 5120x3407) Image search: [Google]
ManofSteel.jpg
4 MB, 5120x3407
DC Film Universe - Superman
>What I Liked
While I find Man of Steel and Batman v Superman to be a pair of bad films, I don't fault the actors for anything. Henry Cavill is a genuine treat to watch in the role of the big boy scout and honestly isn't given enough to do to be fleshed out as a complex character.
>>
>>81672143
His "bad acting" and being to stern/grim/unsmiling as superman also seems like a case of poor directing as opposed to acting.
>>
File: The Perfect World.jpg-original.jpg (511 KB, 1200x1864) Image search: [Google]
The Perfect World.jpg-original.jpg
511 KB, 1200x1864
>>
File: 1457134105048.jpg (225 KB, 756x1943) Image search: [Google]
1457134105048.jpg
225 KB, 756x1943
1610/ultimate Marvel Universe- Spiderwoman
>What I liked
I liked her finger webs. I liked her growth after Peters death and the responsibility she took on. I liked that she was attracted to the same kind of women as Parker and would have liked to have seen her have more mannerisms in common with him. I didn't like the Black Widow costume but had no problem with her taking the designation.
>>
>>81672613
>not licking goats
Try harder
>>
>>81663493

My nigga.

>That Ultimates suit
>Them Rocketmen Suits
>Those double spread Iron Man Six
>>
File: Man of Fear.jpg (784 KB, 1728x1329) Image search: [Google]
Man of Fear.jpg
784 KB, 1728x1329
Black and Yellow/Gold is a really good colour combination. And it's nice how the Corp symbol plays second fiddle to his regular S crest

The outfit he got in Sinestro was kind of tacky
>>
BUMP!!!!!
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.