[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a challenge/request from you /co/. I want to get more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: ultimateironman.jpg (12 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
ultimateironman.jpg
12 KB, 300x240
I have a challenge/request from you /co/.

I want to get more into Marvel, but the catch being I DON'T want to read anything from earth 616 or the main continuity.

What is your recommended Marvel universe to get into? I don't care if its from a cartoon, comic book, movie universe, or even books/video games.

Ideally something that hits the same marks as 616, while not being totally different. (I'd prefer stuff like Marvel Mangaverse over Marvel Zombies. I'll take into consideration anything though)

I'm reposting this last night top hopefully get some more opinions. The thread died pretty quick last time
>>
>>81661977
Fantastic Four by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby

Daredevil by Frank Miller
>>
Cancerverse, or earth-666.
>>
Just read some comics you think look cool, you goddamn autist.
>>
File: bendis-variant-132290.jpg (300 KB, 560x856) Image search: [Google]
bendis-variant-132290.jpg
300 KB, 560x856
>>81661977
> I want to get more into Marvel, but the catch being I DON'T want to read anything from earth 616 or the main continuity.

I really enjoyed Ultimate Marvel. In my opinion, everything they published was great until Ultimatum. Sadly it starts to go downhill after that. But there were still some good reads (Ultimate Spidey, DoSM, Ultimate Avengers)
>>
File: N7OXfyI.jpg (501 KB, 1960x1810) Image search: [Google]
N7OXfyI.jpg
501 KB, 1960x1810
>>81662173
Or if you're just tired of the Avengers, X-men and other New York based Earth heroes try Marvel Cosmic. It was it's own niche for years and it rarely crossed over into mainstream Marvel
>>
>>81662381
Did anyone ever do a 2012-current version of this?
>>
>>81661977
The Ultimates 1 and 2.

Punisher MAX.
>>
>>81662173
Why was the ultimate universe created in the first place? Did they just have stories they wanted to tell but didn't want to fuck around with 616?
>>
Ultimate Spider-Man
Spider-Girl
>>
On the topic of the multiverses, does anyone find it kind of odd how little universe-jumping there is in the MCU?
>>
>>81666525
Is there a universe-crossover book that is good enough to be adapted?
Coming soon in Phase 4
>>
>>81666755
I don't think one should be adapted. This is its own universe afterall.
>>
>>81666525
Feige said Doctor Strange would be about that.
>>
>>81666755
Phase 4 should end with Secret Wars, destroying the MCU and rebooting it as the Ultimate Cinematic Universe
>>
>>81667003
Rebooted MCU will happen when Marvel gets back the Fantastic Four
>>
>>81666383
They wanted to create the Marvel universe that has its origins in a more modern setting. The sliding timeline can only do so much.
>>
>>81662405
Why would we? This is all solid storytelling. I don't want to recommend bad stuff to people.
>>
Exiles is a book created specifically for OP
>>
>>81666755

>Marvel's Spider-Verse

I'd pay to watch it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.