[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bare with me, since I haven't read since New 52. Is any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: kyleno.png (327 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
kyleno.png
327 KB, 500x382
Bare with me, since I haven't read since New 52.

Is any Kyle Rayner content from 2011 onward worth reading? He was always kinda my personal favorite and I don't think I could properly handle him being second tier bitch boy to Hal again.
>>
>>81660657
Omega Men is really good. He also got some focus during Johns run( until issue 20), but he wasn't the protagonist
>>
>>81660657
>I don't think I could properly handle him being second tier bitch boy to Hal again
You'd probably like New Guardians, it's 24/7 Kyle dick riding

Omega Men Is a good book with Kyle in it but a lot of people regard it as "not muh Kyle"
>>
>>81660657

>Kyle Rayner fans

I'll never fucking understand this.
>>
>>81660894
Well, he's better than fucking Hal.
>>
>>81660912
Here's your (You)

If you really wanted to do some good shitposting you should pretend to be a Stewart fan.
>>
>>81660894
>is born of the biggest pre-Rebirth GL event
>was part of what is widely regarded as the best JL run

Its really not as surprising as Halfags like to think
>>
Is this a good reading list for me to get a quick crash course into multiverse faggotry that has happened since COIE?

http://www.alltimelines.com/dc-comics-multiverse-chronology/events/
>>
>>81660977

Heres your (You)

Hal is a piece of shit outside of a few storylines where the author jerks of to him and makes him this down to earth guy who likes to help people.

Ryan Reynolds was a perfect cast for him in the movie and he acted exactly how Hal would act in real life. Immature, promiscuous, and borderline useless.
>>
>>81660657
Omega Men. I never cared about Kyle before this book.
>>
>>81661311
10/10

Really stepping up your shitposting game lately. Glad to see the art of trolling isn't completely lost. Love to see people get creative and put effort into it.
>>
>>81661350
Same.
>>
GLfags are the worst.
We all know Allan Scott is the best GL
>>
>>81661448
Too bad he went the way of Wally and was replaced by a bland stereotype.
>>
New Guardians was fun at first but it got pretty damn dull.

Omega Men is good
>>
>>81661545
The White Lantern concept is horrible. Kyle is a fine character, he just always gets roped into shit events and horrible writers. Curse of the Lanterns I guess.
>>
>>81660657
what about him became second tier bitch boy

You really don't want him in venditti GL do you? If anything he was spared and ended up in a much better book with omega men, and even New Guardians.

>>81660912
But not nearly as good as Guy. But you don't see me creating new threads and crying like a bitch about how Guy isn't headlining the GL book.
>>
>>81661046
Yeah, but his solo runs aren't very good. Marz was average, Winnick was weak for GL standards, Raab had potentially the worst GL run of all time.
>>81661311
You sound like someone who hasn't read much Hal. Check out Wolfman's run and get back to me.
>>
>>81661603
>You really don't want him in venditti GL do you?
That's where he's gonna be
>>
>>81661311
Are you a redditor?
>>
>>81661603
Guy works best as a secondary Lantern/part of a team ala JLI/Super Buddies. The occasional Soule Red Lantern is good tho
>>
Kyle is interesting in that his solo books are awful or mediocre, but books that have him as part of an ensemble (JLA, Green Lantern Corps, Omega Men) are good and do more for him as a character
>>
>>81660657
As someone who grew up with, and knew the classic Lantern+Flash combo of, Kyle and Wally, my heart always goes out to those two.

Unlike Barry and Hal, they started off extremely rocky and Wally, who had finally settled into the mantle during Waid's run, was always giving his rookie GL shit for not being on Hal's level. It was great watching them bond over the years and it's a damn shame writers have forgotten how close they were by the end of JLA.

I know the current staff really doesn't want the "90s element" around but I wouldn't mind rebirth giving them a Green-Red book.
>>
>>81661870
Wally+Kyle>Hal+Barry, but Hal+Ollie trumps all. You know it's true.
>>
>>81661870
>classic Lantern+Flash combo of, Kyle and Wally
I don't think you know what classic means, friend

>I wouldn't mind rebirth giving them a Green-Red book.
Why would Kyle hang out with some twelve year old
>>
>>81661914
I meant that Lanterns and Flash pairs are a staple of the DCU, not that Kyle and Wally are the classic duo to represent that.

And, of course, I meant original Wally if he ever comes back

>>81661910
I haven't read as much GLGA as I should. I've heard good things.
>>
>>81660894
The character is solely responsible for Gail Simone's career
>>
>>81661910
Blue&Gold>Green&Green>Red&Green

You think Flashlight had a think with their GA pastiche before he settled down with Red Racer?
>>
Kyle just isn't fun without his other legacy hero friends to hang out with him. I liked his friendship with Connor
>>
>>81662088
You mean his dead girlfriend is
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.