[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody watch this show? The owner of the store seems like a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 444198.jpg (509 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
444198.jpg
509 KB, 1440x1080
Anybody watch this show? The owner of the store seems like a bit of a dick sometimes especially to Ming.

Love this show when people come in and see how much their comics are worth some guy coming in and his box of comics was worth 750K.

What are your thoughts on it anons?
>>
I've been a fan of Flanaggan and Johnsson for years. They have their own podcast called "Tell Em Steve Dave" on Kevin Smith's podcast network.

You should hear some of the stories they tell on that podcast about the old days. Comic book men is ok, but it's a bit too "wacky". All this weird shit they do, they'd never do it without the TV show filming them
>>
>>81657790
it's just amc's version of pawn stars and hardcore pawn dude.
>>
>>81657994

I like the I sell comics podcast with Ming chen and Michael Zapcic.

Still don't know how The Secret Stash stays open with 4 employees behind the tills usually 2 is enough.
>>
>>81658114
Jee, I dunno, maybe the AMC-contract
>>
>>81658004
this.
It's too formulaic and no one is interesting enough to keep me watching.
>>
>>81658114
> 4
I don't think that one Alan Moore looking dude works there. My LCS has three on Wednesday, and 2 every other day.
>>
>>81658130

Yeah but the store was running before the show started. Unless they hired 2 more guys for the show but it seems they have been there from the start.
>>
>>81658167

So he just hangs there all day? Why do comic book shops attract these types of people, my LCS has about 2 people who just hang there all day without being employees.
>>
>>81658202
He's been a friend of the manager since they were kids. Walt lets Bryan hang out there all day because Bry doesn't have a job
>>
>>81658174
Walt isn't working in the shop for real since he ran the LA-division in the ground
>>
>>81658541
Shit, I meant Brian, the bearded dude. He's just there for the show. An IRL meme-character
>>
I watched the first couple of episodes of comic book men. My favorite was when Jason Mewes came in looking like he was on a drug bender. Jason proceeds to ask for free merch from walt. I suspected so he could then autograph and try to sell to customers, then score drugs.
That was years ago. Last I heard, Jay is a father and has been drug free for 2+ years.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.