[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things You Hope The DCEU Doesn't Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ISHYDDC.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1136) Image search: [Google]
ISHYDDC.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1136
>Link Wonder Woman and the Fourth World by going "The Greek Pantheon = the Old Gods and Apokalips/New Genesis = New Gods!"

>"I became a forensic scientist to PROVE that it was the YELLOW STREAK that killed my mom" Barry

>Batman film adaptation of Death in the Family or Red Hood or any of that shit

>Batman film adaptation of Hush

>JL film being an adaptation of Johns/Lee Justice League origin with Darkseid being really lame

>Green Lantern Corps more-or-less being the First Flight cartoon film (yeah, it was better than the live-action film, but that doesn't say much)

>Cyborg
>>
>>81651381
>>Link Wonder Woman and the Fourth World by going "The Greek Pantheon = the Old Gods and Apokalips/New Genesis = New Gods!"
why? that was how it's been for decades
>>
>>81651425

No, the Old Gods was also the Norse pantheon

You silly billy
>>
>>81651425
Yea that first point is pretty stupid.
>>
Its safe to say Hush won't happen, but id bet money on it those other things
>>
>>81651484

I wonder what kind of retarded nonsense OP was thinking about re: "THERE CAME A TIME WHEN THE OLD GODS DIED!"

What, did he think they were just some unspecified old gods?
>>
>>81651381
Holy shit why not? Are you retarded all of that sounds great except Johns JL origin.

Fuck you!
>>
>>81651649
>Hush
>great
>good at all
>>
>>81651528
Um, yes, they were old gods that had nothing to do with the other Pantheons in DC. If they were the Greek gods, why the fuck would the Greek gods still be alive in Wonder Woman comics if they died before the New Gods came?

Kirby's mythology wasn't a straight-up translation of any existing one, it only borrowed from them. The whole First-Second-Third-Fourth World thing is from Ancient Aztec. The whole "Ragnarok" thing that ended the Third World is from Norse mythology.

Plus, when later writers fleshed out his world, they always invented Old Gods, and weren't like "oh the Old Gods were Zeus and shit."
>>
>>81651852
>Um, yes, they were old gods that had nothing to do with the other Pantheons in DC

Of course they had nothing to do with any DC pantheon.

Because they were a MARVEL pantheon.

Kirby ended his Thor by killing off Asgard in New Gods.
>>
File: Old_Gods_001.jpg (304 KB, 759x1024) Image search: [Google]
Old_Gods_001.jpg
304 KB, 759x1024
>>81651894
Yeah, Fourth World cycle seems to be his unused ideas from Marvel because the publisher wouldn't let him end Thor. But still, within the context of the DC Universe, pantheons like the Olympians and Norse dudes and whoever else still exist and aren't part of the geniality of the New Gods.
>>
>>81651381
I just want Johns away from the new gods, after darkside war I really really think he will never do anything of value with them.
>>
>>81651381
IDK azzerello run did a decent job including newgod stuff
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.