[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The bandit is Alfred's Joker.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: Alfred.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Alfred.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anyone who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.
Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren’t looking for anything logical, like money. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Nolan should make The Butler Trilogy films or DC should publish The Butler Returns, The Butler Strikes Back or The Butler Saga The Deluxe Edition. These I will buy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS6bD3SpIvk
>>
>>81647633
This reminds me; I've always wanted to do a Batman story that is a Year Zero thing, as it BEFORE Bruce is Batman or before he's even a full adult.
The main character would basically be Alfred in his 40's raising Bruce across the world as Bruce learned the skills he needs to become Batman, and it would more fully explore the occasionally hinted at in other media idea that Alfred was some kind of intelligence agent or spy before he became a butler.

It's put forth the suggestion that he wasn't just a butler/chauffeur for the Waynes (because almost nobody has those anyway) but was also their bodyguard, thus making the death of Bruce's parents more personal to him. It'd explore Alfred's guilt over letting his best friend die and his desire to raise Bruce normally but also understanding his desire for vengeance and so he helps put him in contact with the people he needs to train under to accomplish his goals.
>>
A LON TIME AGO, MY FRENS A I WER IN 4CHAN WORKIN FOUR DA LOCAL MODS DERE. DEY WERE TRYINA BUY DA LOYALTY OF ANONS BY BRIBING DEM WIF PRECIUS GOLD PASSES.

BUT DEIR BOARD WERE BEIN RAIDED BY SHITPOSTERS NORF OF /B/ RANDOM
SO WE WEN LOOKIN 4 DA PASES

BUT IN SIX MANF
WE NEVAH MET ANY ANON WOO HAD 1.

WAN DAI
I SAW A TRIPFAG PLAYIN
WIF A PASS DA SIZE

OF A TANGERINE

DA SHITPOSTERS

HAD BEEN FROWIN EM AWAY.
>>
>>81647716
First thing I thought of seeing OP's pic.
>>
DC should try making an Alfred OGN.
>>
File: size.jpg (10 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
size.jpg
10 KB, 200x300
>>81647633
>>
>>81648000
Damn anon now I want this really bad.

Thanks faggot.
>>
>>81648107
At /B/, did you catch the shitposter?
>>
>>81648205
I always wanted to end it on a semi-hopeful note, with a young Bruce in his late teens asking Alfred why if he was so opposed to Bruce becoming Batman he was so committed to helping him.
Alfred would flashback to multiple scenes of his life with his best friend Thomas and him raising Bruce since he was seven or so after his parents died. He'd answer Bruce;

>"One day you'll have a son of your own Master Bruce. Then you'll understand."

The final splash panel would take place years later and show Batman and Dick Grayson as Robin swinging across Gotham.
>>
>>81648435
Will this story include his daughter's mother? Forgot her name she introduced in Eternal.
>>
>>81648628
Marie Remarque?
Yeah, it would. And actually she has earlier origins in the 50's and is based off a real-life French Resistance fighter.
Bits of Alfred's life as something of a soldier-of-fortune after "the war" (keeping which one it is vague to avoid locking in it's date) would be brought up and mentioned including his affair with Marie resulting in a daughter he would never know until much later.
I'd also like to detail his meeting with Thomas Wayne (retconning that his father was their family butler admittedly) in some war zone where Thomas was involved as a MASH officer and Alfred saves his life and how they became friends after that.

I figure after something tragic (perhaps Marie dies?) Alfred gets tired of doing shady shit for a living and moves to Gotham to visit Thomas, who offers him a job as his butler since he can't really spend enough time raising the newly-born Bruce as much as he'd like with his medical practice and managing his company.
Alfred would point out that he knows fuck-all about being a butler, at which point Thomas would say;
>"I don't mean a butler, Alfie. I mean a 'butler'."
The next panel would have a younger Alfred chauffeuring the Waynes....and we'd see a discreetly stowed weapons holster in his tuxedo.
>>
>>81648000
So GOTHAM?

Because that's what GOTHAM is, but shittier
>>
>>81649231
I thought of adding some other funny notes here and there in the story for people paying attention, such as Alfred working alongside William Wintergreen (who was an SAS officer once) during his younger days, Deathstroke's butler and best friend.

Might include some brief nods towards older characters here and there, like a when Thommy Wayne mentions to Alfred that he lives in Gotham Alfred would ask
>"That the city with the glowing green chap with the lamp flying around it?"
>>
>>81649298
No.
In fact, I'd avoid Gotham entirely except for flashbacks; it would be set across the globe as Bruce learns from different people and as it follows Alfred's life.
None of Batman's supervillains would appear because frankly it doesn't make any fucking sense that they would unless Batman shows up when he's 25 and all his villains are in their fifties and sixties.
>>
>>81649298
maybe, if they do the tangerine thing in Burma.
>>
>>81649488
Tell no more, Didio might be here and steal your story.
>>
>>81649586
This story would take YEARS before Year One, and Bruce would at the very oldest be in his late teens, and it'd still be another five or six years or so before he even returns to Gotham.
Jim Gordon wouldn't appear because Jim Gordon hadn't been transferred yet to the GCPD or any of that shit.

It's the kind of story that you could never get published today because it doesn't involve the main hero in a dramatic operatic punchup with his favored nemesis of the day, but would involve a lot of character exploration instead, a lot about Alfred basically being Bruce's father and feeling torn between raising the kid normally like his parents would have wanted but also see just how driven Bruce truly was and wanting to both teach his Ward what he knew to hopefully come to terms with his death, as well as being more then a little proud as he sees Bruce excelling at his studies to become a human weapon against crime.
>>
>>81649738
He wouldn't because he's not so stupid that he's try to publish this story.
It doesn't work in the modern market at all, you'd have to have Grant Morrison or someone hugely famous' name slapped on it to publish something so offbeat and make it successful.
>>
>>81649932
let say Grant Morrison will write an Alfred story, will this be filled with occult themes?
what if Alan Moore write it?
>>
>>81647633
Irons was better
>>
>>81647633
we burn the forest down
that was a terrible decision
>>
>>81650094
I don't know what they'd do. Don't much care either.
I didn't want to READ this story.
I wanted to WRITE it, like actually write it and put it in a graphic novel format and do the panel layout and all that stuff.
>>
>>81649788
I think Alfred is popular enough, with just little intro of who he is.
>>
>>81647633
I always found this story not to apply to the situation
Maybe he was stealing the bribes to interrupt the government for ideological or human rights reasons
Honestly it was just weird to me
>>
>>81650202
It's all kinda weird I guess.
Every Batman story idea I've ever had usually rarely involves Batman or involves him peripherally at best.
Had a story idea about Killer Croc from his POV talking place as he got more and more mutated and less and less human and intelligent over time and how this affected him psychologically.

It'd end with a sad note with him wondering how much he'll change, and him wondering if one day he'll forget what it was like to be a man, or if he'll just be so far gone he won't even remember to care.
>>
>>81647633
>>81650203
When I saw this the first time, my immediate thought was "Maybe he just doesn't want foreigners bribing his leaders?"
>>
>>81650424
I mean, from his perspective, it would be really easy to spin the story as a "Steal from the corrupt, give to the poor" kind of robin hood thing.
>>
what is Gotham Central
>>
>>81650203
they clearly were bad people base on how he and his associate stop the thief they were just as bad as that guy
>>
>>81650507
A comics about cops in Gotham City.
It's like Law and Order: Gotham, basically. Way better then the TV show.
>>
>>81650591
if DC can make stories about Gotham's police, why not Alfred?
>>
>>81650754
It was made over 14 years ago now. That's a long-ass time ago.
I want you to go actually LOOK at the differences between comics then and comics now.

Like go back and read a few and then read everything after the nu52 and tell me if you spot any differences in the stuff DC publishes.
>>
>>81648107
So why steal them?
>>
>>81650911
not gonna bother. I lost interest in mostly all DCYOU and have low expectation on Rebirth.
>>
I'd like to see an Elseworlds story where Alfred becomes Batman to avenge his masters. Little Bruce could be his Robin or provide computer support from the cave.
>>
>>81650376

That Killer Croc story sounds like a 100% grade A psychological exploration piece. I'd read the fuck out of that.
>>
>>81651530

What the fuck is with all the good ideas in this thread?
>>
ALFRED COMICS NOW
>>
>>81651736
Kinda got the idea from all those B:TAS eps focusing on villains.
>>81651804
I dunno.
I started it because I just wanted to share it and there's not a lot of "Alfred threads" on /co/.
>>
>>81651736
Alan Moore wrote a Clayface story once, about Clayface falling in love with a maniquin.
>>
>>81652138

Was the mannequin like, representative of his idealization of static form, stemming from self-hatred of his own unwanted un-uniformity of self, or some bullshit.
>>
>>81650376
Sounds kinda like Flowers For Algernon.

But with a croc-man.
>>
>>81651530
Holy shit.

Like seriously, this is not already a story?
>>
>>81652524
No. Clayface saw the maniquin in a shop and falls in love with it and started sneaking every night in the shop to visit it (he talks to it too) then one the maniquin was gone and that trigerred Clayface to assualt the shop owner the Batman shows up. Mortal Clay is the title (it's 80's I think).
>>
>>81647633
You know what's messed up. In this story, Alfred's equivalent of the Joker won since Alfred burnt down the forest to get him which included all the collateral damage that entailed. I bet that bandit died laughing at how he got to see the world burn.
>>
then the kid is Dent who succumb into madness by the tangerine.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.