[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: The Dark Knight.jpg (63 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Knight.jpg
63 KB, 300x444
What went so right?
>>
File: 1234.jpg (30 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
30 KB, 500x483
The big guys.
>>
>>81646661
Wrong movie retard.
>>
>>81646446
The stage was already set for it to be a huge hit and then Heath Ledger died and the movie became this amazing swan song for a fantastic actor who died before his time.
>>
>>81646446

Nolan actually giving a shit and being a half-competent director. Ledger turning in a career-defining performance.
>>
>>81646446
Nothing, it was shit
>>
File: 1460237930518.jpg (23 KB, 182x220) Image search: [Google]
1460237930518.jpg
23 KB, 182x220
>Not a marvel movie
>Not a half assed Russo movie
You tell me
>>
It didn't try to be all up its ass about being a comic book movie. Was still primarily an action movie with some small "philosophical" elements (the citizen/inmate boat scenes, Harvey's corruption, Joker's anarchism) instead of the other way around.
>>
File: 1418756150068.jpg (51 KB, 559x516) Image search: [Google]
1418756150068.jpg
51 KB, 559x516
The biggest superhero movie ever.
>>
File: 1425445768325.jpg (5 KB, 112x149) Image search: [Google]
1425445768325.jpg
5 KB, 112x149
>>81647791
>1 months away
>already mad as fuck
>>
>>81646446
Everything. It was just a damn good movie by any standard, except hand to hand fight choreography (though the action sequences were still great). Even people who dislike tonally dark superhero movies were drawn in by its craft, and the goddamn Oscars literally changed their nominee criteria after TDK was snubbed.
You'll never see this happen again with a comic book movie. Just savor the fact that it did.
>>
>>81647791
Thanks for reminding me we're stuck with Snyderverse instead of a DCEU of The Dark Knight's quality.
You fuck.
>>
>>81646446
Just about everything
>>
>the stupid scene at the beginning where all the robbers are retarded and can't figure out what's happening

>the bus drives out of a giant hole in the wall and no one notices

>batman can take out a swat team
>SUDDENLY ambushed by the joker and a bat
>OH NOES A BAT (get it, it's his weakness)

>Scene after scene of Nolan not understanding that if a character isn't on screen, it doesn't fucking mean that the other characters on screen can't see them, especially if they're looking at the same direction.
>same shit happens in begins numerous times
>how does he keep getting away with it

>Cop let's the joker out of his cell after being slightly russled
>Why was 1 cop left in charge of Osaba bin clown?? What the actual fuck.

>"I don't care about le money"
>Has an endless supply of weapons
>Has an endless supply of explosives that he manages to get into a fucking hospital
>what is homeland security
>people wouldn't just notice
>literally the only way this would work is if the joker was a jew and all his jew friends helped him

>treats henchmen like shit
>still has thousands

>Batman has the chance to stop him
>"AAARRRGGGHHAAAAAHHHRRAA" Crash*

You retards only think it's good because it's dark and "for adults"
>>
>>81652407

>especially if they're looking at each other*
>>
>>81652407

>murders Harvey den't
>saves Joker who fell to his death on his own
>>
>>81652407
The bus scene really rustled me, it could have been better handled
>>
File: MayorBillDewey.png (112 KB, 372x583) Image search: [Google]
MayorBillDewey.png
112 KB, 372x583
>>81646661
>>81647844
>/tv/ is so retarded it can't even correctly identify the movie they've referenced nonstop for years
>>
>>81652360
/thread
>>
>>81652493
Well, to be fair he needs the joker alive in case he has more bombs and shit hidden around
>>
Actually re-watched it yesterday and it was still pretty great. Joker, while obviously way different than most incarnations, still steals most scenes he's in. While anytime Bale batman is on screen breathing through his mouth with his dumb voice it killed it for me.

>>81652407
>the stupid scene at the beginning where all the robbers are retarded and can't figure out what's happening
Because they're dumb thugs
>the bus drives out of a giant hole in the wall
Who says they didn't? But it really doesn't matter at that point because its enough of a distraction that Joker gets enough distance
>batman can take out a swat team
>SUDDENLY ambushed by the joker and a bat
He had his echolocation thing on and got blindsided, in a one on one fight batman beats the joker fairly easy.
>Scene after scene of Nolan...
What?
>Cop let's the joker out of his cell after being slightly russled
>Why was 1 cop left in charge of Osaba bin clown?? What the actual fuck.
That is dumb. Is it standard procedure or something? Probably just for cheap way to get joker back out
>"I don't care about le money"
>Has an endless supply of weapons
He can buy shit while not caring about money, buying a bunch of new toys is the opposite of caring about money. Not like joker isn't a hypocrite in most of his incarnations
>Has an endless supply of explosives that he manages to get into a fucking hospital
>what is homeland security
>people wouldn't just notice
Pairs of penniless terrrorists kill hundreds in real life, its not absurd that a comic book villain could put bombs in a hospital

>treats henchmen like shit
>still has thousands
because he took over all the mob's people and took crazy people from arkham

>"AAARRRGGGHHAAAAAHHHRRAA" Crash*
First displays the unstoppable force and immovable object, batman underestimated his crazy

Honestly these are just nitpicky things that forget the movie as a whole.
>>
>>81646446
Nolan. Fucks sake he directed Insomnia and The Prestige.
>>
>>81652407
Lot of that is nitpicking.
>>
I got a great idea for a comic movie, lets use the names people are familiar with and have read about for years and that's it, we can make the rest up as we go along. Then people will relate my character to that of the godfather(YES THAT HAPPENED) and I can get a star on the walk of fame
>>
As for Insomnia and prestige, Hitler was an artist before politics. If you do something so awful at the middle of your life the good things don;t exist anymore.
>>
>>81652407
heres your reply dickface
>>
Begins was the best in the trilogy.

It was "what convoluted yet plausible situation could lead to batman actually happening?" and took place in a city with a unique and interesting aesthetic. It felt depressing and fucked up with a glint of hope and nailed that tone throughout.

Then they gave him bat-sonar and made the city be just New York.
>>
Joker's social experiment.
>>
I will never understand why this trilogy receives such high praise.
>>
>>81646446
Nolan actually give a shit and care about it unlike says...The Dark Knight Rises. Also, Joker Ledger.
>>
>>81646446
It was a story about Gotham and its people as a whole rather than it just being a backdrop to action scenes. Most cape movies aren't anything but stories about the hero, maybe a love interest and a dead parent, but TDK managed to push beyond it.
>>
>>81646661

Go back to your >>>/tv/ containment board, you friendless Baneposter.
>>
>>81652407
Very good.
Teen Titans Go is on.
Watch that and then off to bed you scamp!
>>
>>81659014
pretty sure the nitpicking type don't watch shows that clearly don't give a shit what they do
>>
None of that shared universe stupidity. It shows a grandiose story about the rise and fall of a fallible hero, with some good villains and great worldbuilding.
>>
>>81646446
Pretty much everything.

My favorite capeshit along with Cap 2.
>>
Ledger died.
>>
>>81646446

There was no retelling of an origin story or newbie vigilante arc. Bruce was in the prime of his Batmanning. Michael Caine was a good Alfred and Alfred actually has agency with a real relationship with Bruce. It had the most iconic comicbook villain ever played in a way that we've never seen before and was rather frightening. The action sequences were great, too.

I also like Dent's fall from grace and Gordon and Batman covering up the circumstances of his death. As well as certain ideas that the story touches upon like ethics of surveillance, sacrificing human lives for certain ideals, that one life can be worth more than another, and how important symbols and ideas can be.

It's easily one of the greatest capeshit movies ever made.
>>
>>81646446
Heath Ledger died.
>>
>>81656566
Prestige is Nolan's best movie.
>>
File: 1459739006470.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459739006470.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>81652407
>no no this movie is better than all of marvel movies i refuse to suspend my disbelief
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.