[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, this show was pretty shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: The_Angry_Beavers_title_card.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
The_Angry_Beavers_title_card.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
Man, this show was pretty shitty
>>
>>81644018
desu it kinda was.
but at least i would say it was better than cow and chicken
>>
>>81644096
Ren and stimpy >every show that isn't Rocko's modern life.
>>
>>81644018
What are you talking about, Angry Beavers was great.
>>
>>81644940
Both you listed were shit.
>>
>>81645170
I don't care about Ren and Stimpy, but don't talk shit about Rocko.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x475
ITT: shit opinions
>>
>>81644018
You a shit.

>>81645170
And you also a shit.

Rocko's was great.
>>
But is not.
>>
>>81644096
Eh idk, I think even that show had a couple more laughs out of me than Angry Beavers
>>
>>81645539
HE'LL KILL YOU WITH KINDNESS, HE'LL KILL YOU WITH A GRIN
>>
Other than Avatar and MAYBE Rocko, it's the best show Nickelodeon ever did.
>>
>>81644940
>>81645863
i can totally look back at angry beavers and say it wasn't that great.
but i'm going to be honest everytime a 90's fag mentions that the cartoons back in the day were great and uses cow and chicken as an example, they can go fuck themselves.
now i can agree cow and chicken gave me laughs, but seriously, fuck those 90's fags
>>
File: 1460174183499.jpg (54 KB, 624x448) Image search: [Google]
1460174183499.jpg
54 KB, 624x448
>>81644018
>b-but muh 90's
It kinda was. It had some good episodes but overall it was pretty mediocre. Felt like Nickelodeon stagnated a bit after Hey Arnold. We got Kablam which wasn't as good as Hey Arnold, and then Angry Beavers, CatDog, Wild Thornberrys, and Rocket Power (all of which were meh) and never fully recovered.
>>
Fun fact: the creators of Angry Beavers recently reunited and have started putting out new content.

They did a Kickstarter graphic novel called "Duster" (Nazis invade a Texas town and a female crop duster pilot has to kill them off to save the townspeople) and recently did a film "They're Watching", which is a horror movie spoof about a house flipping reality TV show and a cursed house.
>>
I liked angry beavers. It had a really unique sense of humor and style. A lot of puns and clever references. There was a campiness that most other kids shows didn't have.
>>
>>81644018
someone is just upset because they got a case of stinky toe
>>
>>81651266

That's because a lot of the lines were adlibbed by the VAs. You can really tell that Dag and Norbert are trying to come up with the goofiest delivery they can, which really adds to the charm.
>>
>>81644018
I like it as much as cat dog.
>>
>>81644096

Fuck off tripfag
>>
File: gz5fM.png (136 KB, 254x319) Image search: [Google]
gz5fM.png
136 KB, 254x319
>Bye Bye Beavers never aired in your lifetime
>>
>>81655285
Holy shit I had never even heard of that before.
>>
File: 45774185.jpg (172 KB, 707x990) Image search: [Google]
45774185.jpg
172 KB, 707x990
>>81644018
What's your favourite episode?
>>
>>81658377
Probably the one where they're in an old black and white horror movie. That part where the chick keeps tripping and hurting her ankles when they're trying to run from whatever the monster was and Dag says something like "Why don't we just cut the darn things off?" always cracked me up.
>>
This thread is full of spoot-heads.
>>
>>81651130
Duster sounds interesting.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY_YiE3zvpM
>>
>>81655285
>Bye Bye Beavers
>This episode was never filmed because it broke two of Nickelodeon's rules. One being that a show doesn't acknowledge its last episode, and the other rule being a show doesn't break the fourth wall

What stupid ridiculous rules.Probably thought it would scare the childrens.
>>
Fuck you this show was great
>>
>>81658588
>Ow, my ankle!
>Ow, my other ankle!
>Ow, both my ankles!
<3

That episode also had my favourite line out of everything.
>I WILL DESTROY THEM. DESTROY THEM UNTIL THEY'RE DEAD!
>>
>>81644018
I never like it or Cow and Chicken. I always wondered why they were popular even as a kid.
>>
>>81644018
Beavers was fucking amazing. They did a great job and they had fun with their send off as well. I can say it was 10/10 because I haven't seen much since I was younger. But what I can remember and what I have seen since says it's like a 7 at least if not higher.
It had a cool tone, snappy writing and chilled staff. What more can you want?

I bet a faggot like you thinks AT or SU is worth a damn.
>>
>>81655114
H-he doesn't have a tripcode, anon.
>>
File: Fish n Dips.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fish n Dips.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>81658377
HELLO?
EEEHM FROM SVEEEEDN?
>>
File: latest.jpg (85 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
85 KB, 640x480
>>81658377
>>
It wasn't horrible, I loved it as a kid but going back as an adult I didn't fancy it as much, it was just too ADD/ annoying and spontaneous; so me as a kid.
>>
>>81644018
It was alright. Not bad but nothing too great. I did like the episodes that showed how norb could be just as much of an idiot as dag.

I think catdog was worse. That show was just mean-spirited as hell
>>
>>81652079
Yeah that was great

It was also fun how the VA's of Dag and Norb seemed to be like they were busting each other's balls as part of it or just reference each other during certain episodes
>>
>>81658377
Not sure. Probably the Up All Night / Up All Day ones
>>
>>81664418
Well Norbert calls Dag Richie at one point accidentally (Richard Horvitz voices Dag) and it all seemed to include a ton of improv that they kept, so I'm not surprised it wasn't ever animated.
>>
>>81658588
I was disappointed the black and white want s real show. For some reason I thought that was a legitimate cartoon within a cartoon...
>>
shut up
>>
>>81664547
Yeah. There was also one when Norb was looking through the mail and said Richard Horvitz had a kid or something. When Dag asks who that is Norb goes "Oh nobody"
>>
>>81644973
This.

You guys are too quick to judge things as bad taste just because you can't stomach the smell or something.

Reminds me of every fag who thinks he's tough until he tries Warheads. Sour so strong, it weeds out the weaklings. Everyone who's just talking shit spits it right back out, like so.
>>
>>81650971
>catdog
For a show that I watched, even though I never felt right about it, I don't know how to feel.

That whole mentality of "you're stuck with the retard get used to it" wasn't healthy for kids. Teaches them to be cat, the snide fuck who just wants to mask every problem instead of fixing anything.
>>
BEEED BITERRRR
>>
>>81661066
This. Motherfucker that Halloween special alone is 10/10.
>>
BOP BOP! HAAHEHEHEHOOO
>>
>>81663725
>I think catdog was worse. That show was just mean-spirited as hell

This. I fucking despised catdog. Especially with that formula (modern spongebob uses it too) "CAT TRIES TO DO SOMETHING BUT OH WAIT DOG ENDS UP SUCCEEDING FOR NO REASON AND THEY END UP LIKING HIM INSTEAD XD"
>>
>>81668164
Eh the times where they did win were satisfying though

Like when they beat the shit out of the Greasers over that bone and when Cat went nuts and beat up everyone during the Monster Truck thing
>>
File: a serious man.jpg (100 KB, 600x770) Image search: [Google]
a serious man.jpg
100 KB, 600x770
>>81663725
>mean-spirited as hell
>I can't into dark humor

fuck off MrEnter
>>
>>81658377
YOU WANNA BE A LIPIZZANER STALLION?!
>>
>>81669176

To be fair, the Monster Truck episode was probably the best one in the whole series.
>>
>>81671055
My truck may be finished...

BUT IIIIIIM NOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

>Proceeds to destroy a giant monster truck with a single punch
>>
The show was energetic, but in a pretty annoying way. And their take on the "vaguely '60s cartoon -style backgrounds" trend was pretty dull. It felt like they didn't care much about the art style, and the writing & humor were just clowning around for kids.
I can understand people feeling nostalgic about it, but it wasn't a very good show.
>>
IT'S LIKE SOME SORT OF NIGHTMARE
>>
>>81664664
What is even going on here?
>>
Beaver fever
>>
>>81644018
>>81644096
ITT: wrong opinions
>>
>>81658774
>One being that a show doesn't acknowledge its last episode
That existed because shows are made for syndication.
>>
>>81675410
Wasn't it an April Fools though as part of the episode?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.