[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: goon.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
goon.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>Prior to launching Deadpool into its solo success, director Tim Miller worked for years to bring Eric Powell‘s The Goon to screens in an animate form with the voices of Clancy Brown as the Goon and Paul Giamatti as his sidekick Frankie. As Miller’s Blur Studio created credit sequences for David Fincher, he came on-board as a producer and a Kickstarter campaign was launched so Blur could create a complete test animatic of the film.

>Then came silence and Deadpool.

>But with Miller’s live action debut a hit, he told Collider he hopes to “use some of that light to shine it on Goon” and finally get the movie made.

>“Deadpool proves it, in a big way, that there is a market for this stuff out there,” he added. “Goon is very much an action [piece]—it’s got a lot of heart, it’s got a lot of comedy, it’s got a lot of similarities to what I think was successful in Deadpool, and so I think it’s not a stretch to compare those two things and say the world is a little more ready than they used to be for this kind of material.”

>From the beginning, Miller and his team knew The Goon was a hard sell as the material is not exactly family friendly, but he said he has already taken calls with parties interested in the project. Perhaps, at long last, the masses will hear Frankie shout “Knife to the eye!”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/09/deadpool-director-says-films-success-may-assist-goon-film-ambitions/
>>
If fucking Sausage Party can get greenlit for a wide release, I don't see why The Goon can't.
>>
>>81631741
Has Clancy ever had a leading role in a movie?
>>
Whatever happened with the kickstarter? I know the kickstarter was successfully funded
>>
>>81631811
do I now have to watch Sausage Party to make the Goon more likely to happen?
>>
It'll be a harder sell than Deadpool.

Deadpool, while R-rated is at least a live-action in a climate filled with superhero films.

The Goon is an R-rated ANIMATED film. Parents will outrage more at this than they did at Deadpool.
>>
>>81633338
Here's a quote:
>“We did what we originally thought we were gonna do in the time we thought we were gonna do it, but at the end of it we thought, ‘It’s not good enough,’ and if you’re only gonna get one shot, it’s gotta be better. It’s hard for me to say, ‘Oh let me set an appointment with the head of a studio to make him watch something for two and a half hours that I know can be better.’ So if we can make it better, we’re gonna make it better. We can’t fix everything, but we’re gonna make it really great before we can show people, and if that pisses Kickstarter people off I really feel badly about it, but I think at the end of the day it’s better to do that and get the movie made than to rush it out there.”
>>
>>81633338
I backed this but forgot all about it. I check it, and it turns out they just updated today.

>“I know it annoys the Kickstarter fans so much and I’m sorry because everybody gives us their hard-earned money and they’re so generous about it and they go, ‘What the fuck is going on? Why is nothing happening?’ We took that Kickstarter money and spent it all on a full 85-minute animatic of the film. We showed it to [David] Fincher, we’ve been working on it diligently, we got a bunch of notes, and we’ve been working on the notes. It’s just it took all of the Kickstarter money to do the 85-minutes of that and fulfill all the other stuff, so we go back to this additional work, [which] goes into the cracks between actual paying projects.”
>>
>Clancy Brown as The Goon.

I didn't know I wanted this.
>>
>>81633338
I think the kickstarter was simply for the animation shorts we've already seen, which were then used to try to convince producers that the movie had potential.

I'd be overjoyed it it happens, I love Goon.
>>
>>81633457
They actually just want it to be PG-13
>>
File: muppets.jpg (126 KB, 321x276) Image search: [Google]
muppets.jpg
126 KB, 321x276
>>81633207
>curious, check imdb
>Actor Credits: 246
>>
>>81631741
Cool, I'm excited and I hope it makes it.

Although I'm wondering if keeping Franky's pupil-less eyes is the best choice.
>>
>>81633539
Oh.

Okay, then.
>>
File: 1460131167951.jpg (87 KB, 715x715) Image search: [Google]
1460131167951.jpg
87 KB, 715x715
>Goon might actually happen now
PLEASE LET IT WORK
>>
After the success of Deadpool and maybe Goon later, I hope Tim Miller will make a "The Mask" movie next.
>>
>>81633988
Not even a DC fag, but if he keeps rolling WB should poach him. They could use him. A lot.
>>
>>81631811
Sausage Party is like 8 Crazy Nights. It wasn't made because there's a market for it, it was made because a bunch of actors with money wanted it to happen.
>>
>>81631741
>>81631811
>>81633407
What happens if Sausage Party flops?
>>
>>81634329
The same thing that happens when all his movies flop.
He makes another, because Hollywood loves stoner comedy and he's the main producer of it.
>>
>>81634157
Nobody is really a Marvel/DCfag or drone except some (and I mean this literally) autistic manchildren who are convinced that you could only like one of two options because a lack of a right or wrong answer makes them confused.

That and trolls.

If we get a good Avengers movie, we all win. If we get a good Superman movie, we all win.
Some people hate quips, some hate Jesus imagery but that doesn't mean you win or lose if Marvel or DC win or fail. That's just "did that movie appeal to you?"
Those faggots argue about it shitpost either way.
>>
>>81634329
Deadpool already made enough money that people see R-rated comic book material as viable for adaptation
Sausage Party flopping might deter R-rated comedy movies from being made. Which might be a good thing considering what passes for animated comedy in the US
>>
>>81633569
>Although I'm wondering if keeping Franky's pupil-less eyes is the best choice.
It works alright in the test footage.

http://www.blur.com/work/project/the-goon/
>>
>>81633988
Having read the comics I really want this to happen. Hell, I want a resurgence of dark comic book adaptations like there were in the '90s.
If only there was a resurgence of 2D animation along with it.
In my opinion, there are a lot of comics that take place in their own universe that could be adapted to the big/small screen that are geared towards adults. The thing is, none of them are a big enough label for executives.
>Moon Knight live-action TV series never
>Scud the Disposable Assassin animated series never
Why does it hurt so much, /co/?
>>
>>81631741
Speaking of Dark Horse, apparently a CG animated Beasts of Burden movie has also been talked about.
I'd love to see it if it ever happens.

Then again, I'd love to see more Dark Horse comics get adapted in general.
>>
>>81635564
Savage Dragon movie?

Maybe Hellboy 3?
>>
>>81635393
I dunno, I think they look kinda weird.
>>
Is Deadpool the greatest superhero movie to be released in recent times? It's arguably the most influential.
>>
>>81635864
It is the second or third best superhero movie to come out in the past two years.
>>
Finally, something to hope for.
>>
>>81635797
>Beasts of Burden movie
It'd be like The Monster Squad with dogs, that'll be fucking amazing.
>>
>>81635864
>Is Deadpool the greatest superhero movie to be released in recent times? It's arguably the most influential.
No, but it's a solid and fun comic book movie that is very true to who its main character is and doesn't try for anything else. The fact that so many capeshit movies today aren't really highlights the difference between knowing your source material and caring about the faithfulness to the characters or not.

I don't think we've really realized the ramifications of Deadpool's success yet.
>>
>>81635864
Had the budget not been cut, it would be.

We could've gotten Deadpool vs Garrison Kane but nooooo, budget cut because the execs didn't have faith in the movie.
>>
>>81635004
I mean, what happens to Goon?
>>
>>81631741
Why is Tim Miller so based?
>>
>>81636273
I think that Deadpool's success would offset Sausage Party's flopping in terms of suits deciding if The Goon is worth the risk.
>>
>>81636340
He cares about being faithful to source material.

Someone like him should head DCEU, not Snyder.
>>
>>81636353
Yeah, if Goon is live-action.
>>
>>81636228

I think the budget cut actually made it more impressive.
>>
>>81636399
Oh fuck off. They did well but having Wade forget his guns twice was retarded
>>
>>81636397
I don't think so. After all, it's the same director of Deadpool. Which in itself was a risky move to make in terms of moviemaking. It could be where lightning strikes twice, so to speak.
And if The Goon movie ends up being PG-13, it could be seen as a viable animated movie for kids. At the very least it'd help marketing.
>>
>>81636273
Did The Interview having shit reviews do anything?
>>
>>81636228
Eh, more budget = more meddling. I understand it sucks we didn't get that last gunfight but I'm okay with it.
>>
File: 125370_large_zps6441fbc9.jpg (58 KB, 444x700) Image search: [Google]
125370_large_zps6441fbc9.jpg
58 KB, 444x700
>>81633207
I'm pretty sure his biggest role was as the villain in Highlander
>>
>>81636557
The reviews were middling, the commercial bomb probably mattered more.
>>
I don't know how I've never even heard of the goon before but I definitely want this movie to happen soon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kcif8CKU4k
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.