[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you really think that playing Todd Ziller 100% straight would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Todd Ziller.jpg (145 KB, 900x696) Image search: [Google]
Todd Ziller.jpg
145 KB, 900x696
Do you really think that playing Todd Ziller 100% straight would have worked?

That a series of comics based on a guy being turned into a giant monster version of Captain America could actually sell?

It's completely ludicrous. The idea that anyone would read about a giant monster trying to inspire people with American values and ideals.

I mean imagine the scenarios there'd be. Like imagine a bunch of thieves manage to steal a large sum of cash and our making their getaway and then bam he just picks up their car, walks over to the nearest mountain, sets them down and then tries to have a long discussion about why they did and why they shouldn't do. A giant lizard man sitting down and lecturing people about why stealing is wrong while also trying to understand why they did it and offering any help he can if they aren't total scumbags.

Like Superman, except instead of having godly powers he's just a big giant lizard.

It's inane.

It's
>>
>>It's
>>
I dunno OP. I'd read that.
>>
almost as though it's a fictional story
>>
>>81622840
It's called comics senpai
>>
>>81622840
It's almost like it's a comic about super powered people punching each other or something.

baka
>>
>>81622995
>>81623017
>>81623124
>It's fiction that means it's fine

Then why didn't they do it? Why'd they just make him another villain to represents nukes/how evil America is?
>>
>>81622840
Basically a Hulk with more teeth and scales
>>
>>81622840
>Lecturing people.
What the fuck are you talking about. Unless you're from the future, all he can say is USA.

And if you are from the future, this means a future where The American Kaiju is capable of patriotic speech which means that the future is SUDDENLY GREAT.
>>
ANAD Avengers is probably one of the worst books I have ever read, and American Kaiju ranks as the low point. "haha, check out this pop culture refernce guys, pacific rim! haha, us nerds huh, us nerds"
>>
>>81622840
>inspire people with American values and ideals
I don't know, "might makes right", "greed is good" or "fuck everyone else, it's all about me" aren't very inspiring.
>>
>>81623156

Because the writer is taking the piss.

Seriously.
>>
>>81623156
>It's fiction that means it's fine
It does.

It doesn't matter how stupid a concept may seem, what matters is how well the writer can present it and if he can pull it off well.
>>
>>81623156
todays readers need to be spoon fed an allegory of america literally represented by a giant monster in order to understand
>>
>>81623282
Those aren't American values.
Those are human values silly.
>>
>>81622840
I would unironically love an unironic American Kaiju comic. Hell, I'd settle for a mini.
>>
>>81623312

No, they are liberal values, of which the United States is the main spokesman for.
>>
>>81623314
Dealing as the US Rep to all the Kaiju gatherings. Saving some Lady Kaiju from Europe.
>>
Wait, is this a thing?
>>
>>81623249
Replace talking with just saying yuuu eeessss aaayyy, but people somehow understand what he's saying. Now it's patriotic AND funny
>>
>>81623268
American Kaiju isn't in ANAD Avengers. Stop pretending to read comic books.
>>
Why is Kekwing such a kek?
>>
>>81622840

the only mistake was to make him an adversary to those faggot avengers

no one will EVER root for them.
>>
>>81623312
Let me guess, you're from the US?
>>
>>81623864
Pretty much. They are going up against the embodiment of Guile's Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGw8DWctAts

He's getting a beating by these AIMvengers and then the theme starts playing.

Cut back to the General his finger on a PLAY button.

"Sir?"

"*sigh* Goes with everything, doesn't it solider. Take them down Zilla."

Zilla stance changes to the Guile fighting pose.

"YUUUUUESSSSSAAAAAYYYYY!!!"*

*"MISSION START!"
>>
>>81623156
I don't see how it makes America look evil.
>>
Todd Ziller goes into space to fight giant monsters, for 'MERICA comes home and give it to Stinger with his massive Zilla Dong FOR 'MERICA
>>
>>81622927
Mountee poi-thon's,,,, fli-ing, CURCUS
>>
>>81623973
Let me guess, you're from Canada.

It's always quaint how nationalism is and how people like to pretend negative qualities and traits that have been around since before humanity even realized it was humanity are attributed to one group or another.
>>
>>81625435
Well, you can only ignore a pattern of fraud, abuse of power, and corruption coming from the same direction for so long.
Look, even US voters are getting fed up with it.
>>
>>81622840
Isn't stuff like this really damaging? Way to make Godzilla synonymous with cornball humor
>>
File: 189.png (457 KB, 562x587) Image search: [Google]
189.png
457 KB, 562x587
>>81625683
Anonymous, you completely evaded my point.
The point I'm making is that all these negatives you're attributing to the US are not unique to the US government, they are inherent traits in all human society.
>>
>>81625770
Human society is literally a meme.
>>
>>81625841
Yes

And the one of the earliest memes is selfish, self serving behavior.
>>
>>81625945
I thought the earliest meme of all was "bros before hoes."
>>
>Issue 9 Page 11
>>
>>81625755

do you have any idea of the kind of movies Godzilla has been in?
>>
>>81626536
Nobody but hardcore nerds think those movies are good.
>>
>>81625435
>Let me guess, you're from Canada.
Haha, no.
>>
>>81623419
>people start chanting "Yu-Ess-Aay!"
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.