[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Captain merch always shoot missiles? Seems so stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
Why does Captain merch always shoot missiles? Seems so stupid

If I was a kid this would trigger my autism, I would just want a toy shield to roleplay with, not a missile shooting "shield" arm gauntlet
>>
>>81621898
>If I was a kid this would trigger my autism

it is triggering your autismo
>>
>>81621898
But they've sold Cap shields to kids that are just shields. But if the Iron Man toy gets to shoot shit, then the Cap one will have to do it too or get totally outclassed.
>>
>>81621920
and by the looks of it, he's still a kid.
>>
>>81621898
Moms are the ones buying the crappy movie themed toys, so it doesn't matter if the kids don't like it. And before you try to blame the father, no, fathers buy real toys like Legos and bicycles and nun-chucks.
>>
>>81621949
No way, the fun part would be blocking Iron Man projectiles with the shield. You can't block anything with that thing
>>
>>81621898
>I would just want a toy shield to roleplay with

And it would soon get recalled after some kid throws it hard at another's head.

Take it from somebody who use to make his own TMNT nunchucks as a kid and almost blinded somebody, swinging them around.
>>
>>81622253
They could make it out of durable foam, like Hulk hands are
>>
>>81621898
The missiles represent the America part of Captain America.
>>
>>81621898
So when the kids lose the missle parts, the toy companies sell the missle pack dlc for 4.99
>>
File: 8525-1.jpg (20 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
8525-1.jpg
20 KB, 384x288
>>81622045
>And before you try to blame the father, no, fathers buy real toys like Legos and bicycles and nun-chucks.

Hell yeah motherfucker.
>>
File: Get Behind the Amerigun.jpg (384 KB, 984x777) Image search: [Google]
Get Behind the Amerigun.jpg
384 KB, 984x777
Forget shield missiles, Nerf needs to get this into production stat.
>>
Someone needs to sell a spring steel shield replica. That is balanced to throw well.

I want to see the youtube videos of people trying to throw and bounce the shield around like Cap.
>>
They should make a frisbee.
>>
>>81622253
Doesn't matter, I had plastic batarangs that me and my friends threw at each other and they hurt like a bitch and those nerf swords especially those big ass ones are still being sold today
>>
File: 048[1].jpg (222 KB, 990x716) Image search: [Google]
048[1].jpg
222 KB, 990x716
>>81625725
>Bionicle.
>You literally snap a few pre-made parts together to make an action figure.
>That's it.

I never understood why people liked that range. It felt like lego did a colossal dumb-down.
>>
>>81627195
The lore man, the lore.
>>
File: Lego-1-[1].jpg (424 KB, 791x547) Image search: [Google]
Lego-1-[1].jpg
424 KB, 791x547
>>81627323
>Implying Space Police didn't have the best lore.

Ships that linked together with magnets, man. MAGNETS!
>>
>>81621898
The WW shield toy shoots missiles too.
I guess they want toys that kids can't just hurl at one another with all their might.
Because kids would do that.
>>
I think the real question here is why Cap's shield DOESN'T shoot missiles?

Think about it
>Red Skull is doing Nazi things in a Nazi base in Nazi Germany
>"Not today, you bastard!"
>Captain America crashes through a glass window while riding his shield like a surf board
>Does a flip in the air and kicks the shield up to his hands
>Fucking all missiles locked on target, sir
>Red Skull turns into atomic ash as he's bombarded with several hundred nuclear rockets
>Off in the distance, Uncle Sam gives Cap a thumbs up while the two proceed to impale the remaining Ratzi bastards with the American Flag
>America wins the war, mother fucker
>>
File: Johnny_Thunder.png (42 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Johnny_Thunder.png
42 KB, 256x256
>>81627414
>Not Johnny Thunder with his based live stunt shows and qt reporter girlfriend, Pippin

Disappointed, son. Everyone knows Johnny has the best lore.
>>
>>81627195
>le "Bonkle is useless giant parts" meme

Come on, that was Galidor. Bionicle had way more variety than that, and they put out lots of Technic-style sets too, stuff that took you hours to build. It helped Lego find a balance between the simplified shit made to please retard kids (which Lego fans hated) and the overly complex builds that the adult autists ate up (which normal people barely bought). Just cause it's not the same level of complexity that makes the elitist AFOL fucktards sprout 9 Hole Technic Beam-length boners, doesn't mean it's dumbed down.

Even the new ones use tons of tiny Technic parts. I mean, there's no denying there were lots of overly simplified sets with pre-made limbs and such, but those sucked and Lego mostly learned its lesson. I say mostly because even though the new sets utilize more creative builds and Technic integration, they still release those giant one-use pieces every now and then.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.