[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could i get the recommonded Spawn reading please? Tried googling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Spawn.jpg (141 KB, 470x353) Image search: [Google]
Spawn.jpg
141 KB, 470x353
Could i get the recommonded Spawn reading please?

Tried googling but didn't really find anything
>>
>>81617780
start at the beginning
>>
>>81617780
It all sucks, but the Batman and Cerebus crossovers suck the least.
>>
the early stuff is very much a product of its time. imo its get pretty good/dark around 30. around 80 its turns into a veeeery more monstrous demon than anti-hero. I also enjoy the few stand alone stories after 100.

>>81617809
untrue.
>>
>>81617780

Start from Spawn 01. It's good from the beginning and it's easy to follow since it doesn't have 50 years of continuity, just about 20 now.
>>
Anyone know if /co/ made one of those recommended chart images for Spawn?
>>
>>81617780
Start at 01, stop when Simmons blows his brains out and they get a new Spawn and definitely avoid Simmons' bullshit resurrection.
>>
>>81618026
>just about 20 now

Bro next year will the 25th anniversary of Spawn and Image Comics as a company.
>>
>>81618154

So I guessed about right. Nice. I was too lazy to look it up.
>>
>>81617780
Series is solid up until about mid thirties.
After that the story really starts to drag and theres a shitton of filler and padding until issue 100 where finally fights Malebolgia
>>
Start at #01 and stop at #100.

It's an easy read, especially early on.

Things get cooking at #16 when Capullo takes over the art.

The definitive look of the book happens at around #65 and continues to look amazing until Capullo steps down at #100.

Story also reaches it's apex at that point to. Without spoilers, the main story arc concludes there.

After #100, Mcfarlane realizes the story of Spawn is not indefinite and tries to continue the story. Everything henceforth is floundering and unengaging and shark-jumping and rebooting literally for the next #150 issues.
>>
>>81618368

I actually liked David Hine's run (150-180something) on Spawn.
>>
>>81617780
Don't. I bought origins vol 1 the other day. What a shitty edgy 90's mess.
>>
>>81618132
>>81618368
Whatever happened to Jim, anyway?
>>
File: tumblr_mt508qZHDN1rpok63o1_1280.png (179 KB, 804x516) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt508qZHDN1rpok63o1_1280.png
179 KB, 804x516
>>81618125
There's this chart.

And there's also this: http://www.spawnworld.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=487&sid=44aa255c81939c8e72c18514db41b7cd
>>
spawn recommendations ? start from the beginning and dont watch the movie but do watch the animated series
>>
>>81618368
as a guy that was a big fan of spawn back in the day, do what this anon says.
read spawn 1-100, and stop there.
blood and shadows, blood and salvation, and those few issues about the future spawn, daniel llanso were quite cool.
ah, the whole hellspawn run was a good read too.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.