[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm officially done. I'm going to finish S4 just so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12
File: arrow.png (965 KB, 1200x670) Image search: [Google]
arrow.png
965 KB, 1200x670
I'm officially done. I'm going to finish S4 just so it's all wrapped up nicely but I can't stay on this shitty ride anymore /co/. It takes a lot for me to truly dislike a show and actually stop watching it, especially when it's not going to be cancelled but this last episode did it. It had so much hope, no felicity for like 35 minutes and the possibility of Black Canary/Arrow getting together, and then it just took the ultimate plunge.
>>
I stopped watching during the first episode when he ran up to those fishermen so he could dramatically kneel in front of them and throw back his hood.
Even if it got better after that, nothing would be able to erase that stupid scene from my mind.

I've had enough of watching full seasons of shit-tier television for a small handful of gems.
>>
>>81615512

Yeah it takes me awhile too, I get too emotionally invested. I feel like their writing the show out of spite towards those that don't like it. The last couple episodes feel like a jab "You don't like Olicitiy OH YEAH WELLm FUCK YOU! FUCKING DIE LAUREL! TAKE THAT FANS!"

The showrunners are shows true villains. In outside of their reality force causing evil and pain for the characters.
>>
>>81617492
Fuck you Arrow S1 and S2 were great.
>>
>Arrow

>Sleepy Hollow

>Scandal

TV's been having a bad week for shark-jumping, huh?
>>
>>81617492

You're one of those faggots that takes everything back to the store right after they buy it and haggles over a $3 refund aren't you?
>>
>>81615512
I liked Arrow s1 and s2; sure it was cheesey but then it is a comic book show on the CW. It was entertaining enough and I remember how awesome it was during season 2.

Arrow season 3 was pretty sloppy; bad writing and awful fight scenes. Arrow season 4 isn't much better either... Felicity makes Oliver act like a beta cuck all the time and the fight choreography still sucks. The Green Arrow has kind of taken a back seat in his own show and the flashback scenes suck. I want to see him learning and training rather than filler storylines.
>>
>>81615512
>I'm officially done
>I'm going to finish S4
You're part of the problem you fucking retard.
>>
>>81618122
What happened on those other two shows?
>>
>>81618216

Sleepy Hollow killed off one of its leads even though the quality banter between the duo is the only reason people were still watching.

Scandal had its main character beat a cripple to death with a metal chair as her "breaking bad" moment even though it made no sense and came out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1426955929344.png (108 KB, 385x218) Image search: [Google]
1426955929344.png
108 KB, 385x218
>>81615512
>I'm going to finish S4 just so it's all wrapped up nicely
>so it's all wrapped up nicely
>>
Arrow was never that good
>>
>>81618216
Well sleepy hollow killed one of the two main characters in the season finale (after a mid season finale ended with the cast thinking she was dead so that had much less impact) and through the explanation of "mystical bullshit that makes her eternal soul jump to an extended family member" are basically gonna replace her.
>>
File: smell.jpg (76 KB, 486x636) Image search: [Google]
smell.jpg
76 KB, 486x636
>>81615512
It's sad because this season was on such a nice start too
>Oliver making jokes and becoming jolly
>getting involved in politics
>>
>>81618324
Fucking ouch
>You just know that Stephen hates what the show's become
>>
>>81618206
>The Green Arrow has kind of taken a back seat in his own show

Good news! There's one less main character to focus on, Oliver can get more screentime again!
>>
>>81615512
I keep telling myself this too. Although Ill probably see season 5 when it hits netflix.
>>
>>81618324
Jacob. C'mon.
>>
>>81618347
>9
>SEASON
>CONTRACT
Poor guy. Marvel should do a backdoor deal with him so that if he spoils it and breaks contract they'll compensate him and give him a job.
>>
>>81620067
Moon Knight, maybe?
>>
>>81620141
Fuck that.
Jim Caviezel is what I hear when I read Moon Knight runs and Amell is awful anyway.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK THEY KILLED THE CANARY OFF FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT
>>
>>81620067
Exchage a shitty TV show for a shitty movie, brilliant
>>
It's funny to think that they've killed off the Black Canary twice in this show.

First Sara and now Laurel.

Let's hope they actually make Felicity the next BC so that they can kill her off too.
>>
>>81620141
>YOU HAVE FAILED THIS MOON
>>
File: 1459415817609.jpg (56 KB, 571x582) Image search: [Google]
1459415817609.jpg
56 KB, 571x582
>>81620067
>>81620141
>>81620164
>>81620494
>>
>>81620534
>felicity becomes black canary
>oliver realizes she is his true and eternal love forever and ever because she is the bestest always
>oliver becomes crippled and wheelchair-bound after an accident
>diggle becomes the new arrow
>oliver in character praises the diversification of vigilantism
>diggle cucks oliver by giving bc the bbc in the arrow cave
>>
>>81615512
Every time I watch The Flash I genuinely wonder how it can be so completely different from Arrow.
It's like Flash is made by some weird alternate CW that has nothing to do with Arrow at all.
>>
File: Geoff-Johns-Rings1.jpg (89 KB, 300x325) Image search: [Google]
Geoff-Johns-Rings1.jpg
89 KB, 300x325
>>81620663
Geoff Johns actually writes for The Flash.
>>
>>81620663
the flash is made by refugees from earth 2 CW
>>
>>81620685
Well, that explains why it as a show refuses to tone down the zanyness of Flash comics and why Iris (the sole source of arbitrary CW drama) has gradually been made less and less relevant over time as the show went on.
Literally the opposite of what Arrow did.
>>81620737
I could buy it.
>>
>>81618245
I loved the 1st season of Sleepy Hollow. You could tell though that it was one of those shows that hadn't planned anything out past the first season and it really showed in season 2 and got awful really quick
>>
>>81618139
A Jew?
>>
>>81620067
Holy shit are you fucking serious. 9 seasons. Were the dumb fuck Arrow creators trying to create the next Smallville.
>>
>>81621481
9 seasons aren't confirmed since renewals. Contracts like that are just safety nets in case it goes that far.
>>
>>81621481

It'll end up like Supernatural, which has been running on fumes for years now.
>>
>>81620067
God fuck no. Stephen Amell is a shitty actor, keep him away from Marvel.
>>
>>81615512
>Watching live action superhero shows other than Daredevil
>>
>>81618110
Season one of arrow is terrible. I stopped watching after like 7 episodes because the acting and writing were so bad.
>>
>>81621749
Should have waited until you got to episode 9.
>>
>>81622600
I shouldn't have to watch 6+ hours of bad television for a show to get good
>>
>>81620583
Dick or Sam?
>>
File: 85oYEvX.png (490 KB, 955x710) Image search: [Google]
85oYEvX.png
490 KB, 955x710
Quentin had a hard life.
>>
>>81620583
That looks dangerously accurate to 90s New Warriors era Rich.
>>
>>81615512
You realized Canary faked her death, right? It's so obvious!
>>
>>81625565
u wot m8
>>
>>81625565
Here's the thing, Mr Baitman.
If she DIDN'T fake her death, it's a callous treatment to an integral character to the mythos and story, not to mention the actress who was randomly axed by deduction of interests for the sake of a cheap drama jerkoff.
If she DID fake her death, then it's even MORE offensively bad writing for faking a character death for cheap drama jerkoff. From no matter what execution this is fucking insulting to the character and audience.
>>
>>81625707
>>81625635

She told Oliver a secret

The doctor said she was going to make it

Then she's suddenly convulsing?

It's pretty transparent.
>>
>>81617492
>I've had enough of watching full seasons of shit-tier television for a small handful of gems.

this
>>
>>81625858
>Bad writing
C'mon
>>
Sara was so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly3H_KsCoVo
>>
>>81623855
They're killing the poor guy in slow motion. Remember how him having a weak heart was a plot point last season?
>>
>>81618110
No they weren't they were both shit. Soap opera moledrama with idiotic characters constantly whining at one another (mostly at ollie) and idiotic action. Also what they did to Slade in season 2 was unforgivable.
>>
File: 490921483.jpg (309 KB, 655x1024) Image search: [Google]
490921483.jpg
309 KB, 655x1024
Let me tell you a story. Every time we sleep we all have this dream about life. We all wonder the same question. What is it like to be strong and independent. Felicity is a symbol for hope, truth and justice. She is the hero we need but not the one we deserve. Hail Smoak!
>>
>>81626426
>Colton Haynes has great taste in faghags.
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 1023x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 1023x800
>>81620663

> just about anyone randomly walks into star labs just like arrow cave
>characters jump to conclusions and make stupid decisions
>characters keep stupid secrets from each other only for it to bite them in the ass later
>shitty love stories

>writing so different

No.
>>
>>81618298
They killed one of the mill sisters? Or are you talking about Crane's latest cock sleeve?
>>
>People don't even post the hype-train image anymore

We used to love Arrow so much.
>>
File: Caity Lotz Booty.jpg (28 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
Caity Lotz Booty.jpg
28 KB, 500x575
>>81626165
Best Canary.
>>
>>81621271
I still sorta like the show (but agree that after midseason 2 they clearly had no plan) but hate how they basically keep making it a new show every few months. After that they got a new chief and a few new characters like that thief guy only to throw them all away and start season 3 with 2 FBI agents and Corbin's son. Now come s4 a few of those people will probably be gone and the setting will most likely be different. You can make changes but it isn't a good idea to basically make a show a new thing each season. Find something and stick with it or else no one will care because they know these new characters will be gone and forgotten 10 episodes later.

>>81627011
They killed Abbie. Next season Crane will be looking for whatever second cousin or other distant relative that has become the new witness. It just seemed like a reason to get a new actor.
>>
I dropped it a few episodes ago and haven't looked back. Thankfully Flash is still entertaining and I can catch up on LoT to fill in for Arrow
>>
>diggle dies
>"Olliver tell my wife that I love Felicity. She's the best woman I've ever known. Have her rename our daughter to Felicity. "
>>
>>81630409
> random people on the street start wearing "felicity was right" shirts
>>
During and after Season 3 I defended the show because any show can have a bad season (and god was it awful). I don't regret it.

But personally I gave up during the winter break, when it was shown that Felicity would survive Darhk's attack. I gave them a second chance to get me, and they had a fine start of season 4 (I would even say a better first few episodes than Flash), but now they fucked up really hard.

One okay season, one good and two awful ones. I never got what a non-DCfan got out of it, but now I don't even know what's left for us. I like the cast, but not enough to deal with bad everything else. So long Arrow.
>>
>>81627210
Because there was a time where, after a Arrow Begins season, they were pandering to us. Say what you will, but we wouldn't have got Flash without Arrow.

But then it seems as if everyone who cares about comics went to Flash, only leaving the typical CW writers on Arrow. Even Supernatural, in it's Season 11, has more clever moments and wit than Arrow nowadays
>>
>>81631935
>Say what you will, but we wouldn't have got Flash without Arrow.
>all those fucking hints on the particle accelerator during Season 2
>Barry's episode he climbs a rack of chemicals during a thunderstorm
They really were, and that was when it was best.
>>
File: ArrowBlackCanary.jpg (156 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
ArrowBlackCanary.jpg
156 KB, 800x533
>implying Laurel's death is not some powerful black magic to return the show to it's former glory

Think about it. Black Canary dying sent the show to shit. Doesn't it make sense that killing another Black Canary will bring it back on track?

It's science
>>
>>81632399
You don't commit the same mistake to fix what the first mistake caused, you fucking maniac.
>>
>>81626426
It's pretty likely he banged everyone on set.
>>
File: ArrowRevealsZoom.png (220 KB, 1114x2618) Image search: [Google]
ArrowRevealsZoom.png
220 KB, 1114x2618
>>81631972
Do you remember, brother?
>>
>>81615512
Honestly the only thing I can think of that would save the show is to make Felicity the big bad of season 5
>>
>>81615512
Torrent the episodes or watch a non CW stream, or at least don't record it with your dvr.

Don't give them ratings.
>>
>>81632844
Sadly enough I am actually a Flashwagon jumper. I watched all of S1-2 and the half of 3 that was out of Arrow during the midseason break. I enjoyed it, and even enjoyed it still rewatching 1 and 2 last month.

Season 3 and 4 have been abominations.
>>
>>81620583
As long as he has good chemistry with Pratt and Zoe Saldana I guess
>>
>>81615512
Stopped watching the series after the episode where Darhk kidnaps the kid. Instead of Felicity coming to better understand and appreciate how Oliver thinks and acts and the fact that he only keep secrets to protect the people he cares about, not hurt them... she throws a bitchfit and calls off their engagement for not spilling the beans about his illegitimate child, despite them literally dealing with the EXACT FUCKING SCENARIO which motivated Oliver to keep him a secret in the first place.

My gut told me shit would only go downhill from there. Turns out I made the right call.

At least Flash is still pretty decent.
>>
>>81633822
But don't you see, because that scenario happened all his efforts were worthless! Hindsight bias? What's that!
>>
>>81631972

Was there ever a reaction page for "Three Ghosts"? I got into Arrow late and was curious as to how they pulled that off.
>>
>>81620663
Japanese drama writers are on the Arrow writing staff, that's why.

Check the staff credits. Disproportionate amounts of Japanese writers.
>>
>>81634336
I had the link to the archive, sadly Moe died and now it's lost.
Opening post's number is 56895698, don't know it if can be found anywhere.
>>
>>81618245
>>81629555
Wow, to think I was gonna finally go back to finishing the first season of Sleepy Hollow. It had such a great start with Ron Perlman too.
>>
>>81618324
Heh.
>>
>laurel dies
>Sara comes back after legends season 1 wraps up
>they turn her to shit too

You know I'm right
>>
>>81635433
Why would they bring Sara back? They'll need all the extra screen time to show Felicity become the next Black Canary.
>>
>>81635648
>all the extra screen time
All 2 minutes that wasn't already Felicity's?
>>
>>81620534

>Let's hope they actually make Felicity the next BC

AAHHHH NOOO...

>so that they can kill her off too

Oh... I like the way you think Anon.
>>
>>81637880
2 minutes without the main character on screen is to long
>>
File: flashseasononefinalchart.jpg (545 KB, 1082x2999) Image search: [Google]
flashseasononefinalchart.jpg
545 KB, 1082x2999
>>81627210

Where is the Flash one? Those were so fun. I really appreciate whatever Anon was doing them. Come back Anon, we miss you.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.