[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5 episodes in, this show is pretty damn good. What are your thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 290x290
5 episodes in, this show is pretty damn good. What are your thoughts on it, /co/?
>>
>>81613019
IT STINKS!

But nah it was ahead of its time.
>>
>>81613019
Fuck that was a long time ago.
I remember I would watch it and then Duckman.
They ever release a DVD box set of either?
>>
Aged extremely well, although there's a lot of obscure references even for the time.
>>
The show ended well before it's prime, it's kind of sad, honestly.

I mean, if they still had great writers, they would have an endless pool of material.
>>
>>81613019
I want to see it revived. I want to see Sherman make fun of modern Hollywood.
>>
>>81613147
I have both, so yes.
>>
>>81614611
They tried it once, with a few online shorts (and implied he divorced Alice). I'd kill for a Netflix revival and I'd think this is exactly the sort of show they'd be looking for.
>>
>>81613019
Friggin' loved the show!
>>
>>81613058
bingo.

nothing spectacular. but it was good. very progressive for early 90s comdey cartoon
>>
>>81613019
It's one of my favorite show of all time, and it shaped a good part of my critical sense since I saw it first when i was 10 years old
>>
File: Alice expressions.png (2 MB, 1926x476) Image search: [Google]
Alice expressions.png
2 MB, 1926x476
I forgot how expressive the characters were on this show.
>>
>>81613019
I literally just started watching it the other day, six episodes in. Bretty good.
>>
>>81616919
the voice acting was really good too
>implying alice isn't responsible for my love of redneck accent
>>
>>81613019
I haven't watched all the episode long time ago but i remember the show being pretty good.
>>
it's pretty good
has a lot of really dated political references though
>>
>>81613019
I kinds liked it, but didn't get half of the jokes. In the commentary I realised lots of radom things were jokes that went so over my head.

What where the jokes about? references? witty commentary? I can't even remember
>>
>>81613242
they're not obscure at all if you're even modestly interested in film
>>
File: duketastrophe.jpg (28 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
duketastrophe.jpg
28 KB, 320x238
>>81613019
It was canceled too soon.
>>
>>81614701
>Netflix revival
I would love to see Jon Lovitz doing more voice acting.
>>
>>81613019

Died too soon. A revival would be great.
>>
>>81613019

Country goodness and green peaness.
>>
>>81613058

IT S- ah fuck beat me too it.

Great show, was lots of fun.
>>
>>81618799
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40
>>
>>81618839
This video actually made me start watching the show.
>>
Oh yeah it's the guy from that Simpsons episode.
>>
File: 9327.jpg (57 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
9327.jpg
57 KB, 648x595
>tfw you don't get a john lovitz joke but you laugh anyway
>"I'll be late for my date with Eudora Welty!"
>offscreen *BUUUUUUUUUUURP*
>"Coming Eudora!"
>>
File: ow.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ow.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
just do anything?
>>
>>81618767
Too many of the VAs are dead, and they actually did try about a decade ago. The results were terrible and quickly disavowed.
>>
The only good thing about this show were the edible chocolate roaches they gave out.

....Wait a minute....edible roaches don't crawl! EDIBLE ROACHES DON'T CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL!
>>
>>81620424
Ahh, poor Critic, a victim of the early stumbling years of "webisodes"
>>
I really liked the art and animation improvement in the second season with the bigger pupils. Don't know why that always stuck out to me. Also yes to Alice forever
>>
And remember: There is no fish stick like Mrs. Pell's.
>>
>>81616758

They actually go over in the commentary that they made some insanely racist jokes that few over the network censors heads that they weren't proud of (Like the Asian restaurant owner wanting to cook the dog Jay adopted when he tries getting rid of it being played straight). Some of the UN school stuff is hilarious but there's no way some of the jokes they made back then would fly.

Al Jean said a while back he's always tempted to bring it back because Hollywood gets crazier every year but since most of the cast has passed on like Duke, Doris and Marty's VA's. He'd rather leave it.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.