[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All This New Marvel Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5
File: standard_incredible.jpg (66 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
standard_incredible.jpg
66 KB, 450x450
So I've been reading pretty much exclusively Valiant for the last 6 months, and I am so behind on the state of Marvel. I'm pretty aware of the different books that were launched for ANAD, but are any of them being well received? Are there any standouts?
>>
Vision is really good. Totally-Awesome Hulk is ok (art carries it). Standoff as an event has been pretty fun imo.
>>
>>81611624
>Are there any standouts?

Only The Vision.
>>
>>81611650
Man, I thought Standoff seemed a little neat, seeing as there's a shit ton of Avengers books now, but I was only reading ANAD Avengers and am still not sure about continuing buying it, and now they're wanting me to hop into an event already!?
>>
>>81611624
Vision is selling like shit, but it's the best book Marvel is putting out currently.
Ms. Marvel continues to be adorable, well written and hilarious.
Iron Man is actually not Bendis's worst work. Latest issue I actually enjoyed a lot. Still prone to classic Bendis faults, but passable.
Thor is shit. Nova is underrated.
Standoff is the best event in years, all around.
>>81611763
New Avengers is the best Avengers book, but Uncanny Avengers is really great. ANADA got better after issue 3.
>>
>>81611624
Vision is 11/10

Ewing books are good as always

Hulk is pretty good

Ms. Marvel is good if you like cute girls and a teenage Peter Parker story but girl
>>
>>81611624
all new Inhumans
Vision
hulk
ms marvel
Karnak
utlimates
Uncanny Inhumans
>>
IGN's 13 Best Marvel Comics You Should Be Reading:
The Mighty Thor
The Vision
All-New Wolverine
Invincible Iron Man
X-Men: The Worst X-Man Ever
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat
Black Widow
Silver Surfer
Doctor Strange
Standoff Crossover
Totally Awesome Hulk
>>
>>81612835
No.
>>
>>81612835
>X-Men: The Worst X-Man Ever
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
>Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND?
>>
>>81613012
Hey. I just wanted to see how /co/ would react to an IGN list.
>>
>>81613046
we already had a thread, you maroon
>>
When was the last time Marvel was good?

Or at least readable?
>>
>>81614640
You can't think of marvel as a whole, its not that cohesive

There are always some good books, some meh ones and some bad ones.
>>
>>81614640
Even though I hate Ewing's British faggot liberal cuckdom, I will admit that his New Avengers book is a decent read. At least compared to the water trash Marvel is putting out these days. Haven't gotten around to reading his Ultimates yet, but I hear good things as well.
>>
>>81614828
Ultimates and Loki are basically slightly more tame Morrison comics
>>
>>81612331
>Iron Man is actually not Bendis's worst work. Latest issue I actually enjoyed a lot. Still prone to classic Bendis faults, but passable.

It's nice to see him off team books again finally
>>
>>81614825
There hasn't been a comprehensive editorial since the early 2000's... It's really depressing.
>>
>>81615120
>>81615120

There is literally nothing in Ewing's stuff that sounds like morrison

Hickman is a lot more like morrison without the extreme symbolism wank

Ewing is like Waid when he was good
>>
>>81615233
>stories about the nature of stories and meta-commentary on comics stuff like sliding timescale and retcons and character death and the nature of comic book villains
>almost obsessive attention to continuity and characters' pasts
anon you're just embarrassing yourself
>>
>>81615315

By that logic morrison is a discount Neil Gaiman.

But no, neither of them invented metacomentary and non-linear storytelling.

Ewing's voice is distinct enough to be read on its own.
>>
>>81615233
>There is literally nothing in Ewing's stuff that sounds like morrison
Eh I think his New Avengers is pretty comparable to Morrison's JLA honestly. At least until he was forced to write Standoff issues.
>>
>>81615407
Gaiman is more about the nature of stories in any medium

Morrison and Ewing are in the same general territory of "DO YOU SEE HOW COOL THIS SHIT IS"
>>
>>81611624
Vision - best Marvel book out now, but it's selling like dogshit
Standoff - surprisingly good for a Marvel event, probably going to end up being a setup for Civil War II in May
Black Widow - just started, but decent so far (mostly due to Samnee on art)
Ewing's books are all good, not sure how they're selling
Spider-Man/Deadpool - not bad so far, but underwhelming so far considering Kelly is writing it
>>
>>81615470
>implying the second Standoff issue isn't single issue of the year
>>
Fucking thorgirl.

I didn't care for her much with her debut. but i kept going because honestly Jason Aarons first thor run was and is one of my fav. The whole godkiller/bomb story was so goddamn cool.

And this new one had a few cool moments but was mostly kinda dull. Then i read the last issue (or one before the last issue).

Where half the comic is Frejya telling off Odin for wanting to continue as Allfather when the people want democracy or some bullshit under their 'allmother'. And fucking hogun sif and fandrall are outside protesting...fucking protesting and start a riot.
I was blown away. I couldn't fucking believe such idiotic bullshit was being presented to me like 'well yeah Odin highest of all the aesir. I know you're the god of gods around here but come on man its 2016.' and Aaron is actually writing it as if these people who for thousands of years have been under the singular rule of the allfather suddenly wanting a modern western style form of rule. It was so goddamn idiotic.

then the comic has girlthor knock odin on his ass like a bitch and i was done. Nope i'm done. Not reading another stupid fucking issue of that stupid fucking comic. It is clearly agenda before story. Wanting to prop up this boring fucking thorgirl so much they're willing to just cast aside the precedent set by that universe so female readers can feel good about how girl thor is best ever.
>>
File: 1369977441129.jpg (209 KB, 750x560) Image search: [Google]
1369977441129.jpg
209 KB, 750x560
>>81615643
>Where half the comic is Frejya telling off Odin for wanting to continue as Allfather when the people want democracy or some bullshit under their 'allmother'. And fucking hogun sif and fandrall are outside protesting...fucking protesting and start a riot.

Fuck. Me. I jumped ship as soon as Secret Wars started, but fucking hell I never thought Aaron would make Thor this shitty.
Christ, when did the Asgardian books turn into the designated SJW corner of the Marvel Universe?
>>
>>81615759
>Christ, when did the Asgardian books turn into the designated SJW corner of the Marvel Universe?

Its more like there are no editors anymore

If you think Whor is bad you should've seen angela. DC wouldn't even publish shit like that.
>>
>>81615759
>>81615810
VOTE LOKI
O
T
E

L
O
K
I
>>
>>81611624
>any standouts
Vision
Carnage
Spider-Man and Deadpool
>>
>>81615912
it will either be great or a disaster
>>
>>81615810
Oh I've seen it, it's fucking terrible. Resorting to tumblr-baiting is just low
>>
>>81615912
>>81615937
I get the feeling that it's probably going to be rushed and hamfisted to try and follow the election
>>
>>81615937
>>81615975
Depends on who they put on it, obviously, but he's managed to stay great even in shit books like Young Avengers and Thor
>>
>>81616049
>even in shit books like Young Avengers

gillen's Young avengers was great
>>
>>81616106
It was eh
>>
>>81612835
>Thor
>Iron Man
>Squirrel Girl
>Worst X-Man
>Hellcat
>NEITHER Ewing book
>No Ms. Marvel
>No Captain Marvel despite finally being a solid read
This fucking site, man.
>>
>>81616260
there's three Ewing books
>>
>>81616307
Ah, fuck me.
I keep forgetting Contest of Champions.

Perhaps it is I who am IGNorant.
>>
>>81616106
Won't argue with that
but being a bi monthly comic is what killed it
>>
File: Screenshot (56).png (16 KB, 558x293) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (56).png
16 KB, 558x293
>>81616546
man fuck that word
>>
>>81616588
autists made us agree to use bi-weekly (which has the same problem anyway, REEEEEEE) on doubleshipped books and bimonthly on "once every 2 month" books
>>
>>81612835
>>81612835
Kek, they're all shit excepr Vision, Awesome Hulk, and it's not even on the list, but Ms. Marvel
>>
>>81616624
>biweekly and bimonthly mean both
>biannual AND semiannual both mean twice a year with nothing for every other
Who authorized this
>>
>>81615937
>>81616049
Hastings got solicited for it, should be great. He's good at parody shit.
>>
>>81616860
habbeding
>>
>>81616860
>Hastings
Certainly not leaving any downtime after McNinja
>>
>>81613012
Huh guess it's true what my fried says about you you can't spell ignorant without IGN.
>>
>>81616860
I'm actually excited for his Gwenpool too
first original quirky thing that actually sounds interesting to me
>>
>>81612835
I liked Worst X-Man Ever and it was a mini and it's done
Hellcat is the least offensive thing ever written
Standoff Crossover is actually cool
Vision is great
>>
>>81612331
spiderman miles version is actually good. yeah bendis fails in geography and history, but a solo book about an awkward teenager is the kind of thing he can write well.
>>
>>81617311
anon why would you tell lies on the internet
>>
>>81617311
You're blinded by Pichelli waifus
>>
>>81617096
Hastings and Gurihiru are too good for that concept.
>>
Ultimates
New Avengers
Vision
Standoff
>>
File: 1362741282955.jpg (244 KB, 960x1800) Image search: [Google]
1362741282955.jpg
244 KB, 960x1800
>>81617311
Is it really? I gave up on Ultimate Spiderman after they killed off Parker.

Also, saw Miles in a pic for Civil War 2, what's with that? I thought he was in the Ultimate-verse.
>>
>>81617443
He migrated at the end of Secret Wars with his family and friends and also The Maker
>>
>>81617394
The work that put Hastings on the map was about a doctor that is also a ninja

That's the entire concept
>>
>>81617484
it's just too fun not to like
At least he's better than all those weird fat girl writers and the artist is really good
>>
>>81617518
>At least he's better than all those weird fat girl writers
he aint better than gail simone
>>
>>81617311
>spiderman miles version is actually good. yeah bendis fails in geography and history, but a solo book about an awkward teenager is the kind of thing he can write well.
I gotta remember this bait.
>>
>>81617574
last 2 issues have been good
>>
>>81617556
>implying
>>
>>81617597
Nothing fucking happened last issue
>>
>>81617339
>>81617574

you should read the book before complaining. bendis' worst fault is that he fucks up the characterization of characters and makes everyone talk like teenagers, and he's terrible at team books.
all of those are not problems when he's writing a solo book about a teenaged character that he created.
this is the kind of book that he can write. The only type that he should write
>>
>>81617695
not much happened

but it did establish bombshell was alive in the 616 and possible triangle with her and kamala
>>
File: portrait_uncanny.jpg (40 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
portrait_uncanny.jpg
40 KB, 300x450
Best Marvel series coming through
>>
>>81617747
I'm afraid I have some bad news
>>
>>81617311
The first two issues were shit. The third one wasn't much better.
>>
>>81617696
>>81617726
Assuming ya'll are the same dude, writing Kamala as wanting a relationship at all is ridiculously out of character
>>
>>81617847
Sounds like you're just racist.
>>
>>81617870
Bendis plz
>>
>>81617820
But Abnett will continue to write the character in the Civil War II tie-in mini Gods of War.
>>
>>81617865
she was a bit off in characterization but you have to remember these arent adult chars

they are teenagers. kamala doesn't what she wants (getting mad after her best friend started dating tumblr after she blew him off proves it)
>>
>>81617903
Just because a character is a teenager doesn't give anyone an excuse to make the said character act unusual and not like themselves.
>>
>>81617979
i dont think you read it anon

the only thing that was off was kamala's snarkyness
>>
>>81617994
oh and pichelli drawing her hot
>>
>>81617903
She can be jealous for non-romantic reasons, dummy
>>
>>81618014
never said it was for romantic reasons

but that teens simply don't know how to handle feelings well. she thinks of miles as a friend but she could see other miles' friends the same way she saw tumblr before getting to know her (not wanting to, at first)
>>
>>81617726
well he's already garbage because he ships MilesXKamala, not SamXKamala
>>
>>81618138
>not Robbie
>>
>>81618196
>implying Robbie hasn't gone the way of Alejandra in Ghost Rider history
>>
Is Sam Wilson: Captain America at least moderately decent? I don't care at all for Spencer, but I just saw that based Acuna is doing the art and that interests me. Has he done all the issues so far?
>>
>>81618271
Anon, don't give money to Trump.
>>
>>81618271
it's pretty alright
>>
>>81618219
n-no! he's gonna show up in STANDOFF, any week now
>>
>>81618278
I don't know what that has to do with what I asked, but I would give my firstborn to Trump if I had one.
>>
>>81618284
if Marvel was smart they would've done a New New Fantastic Four with Chulk, Miles, Robbie, and Girlverine

BUT NO
>>
>>81618303
Please, anon. We have enough affirmative action teams.
>>
>>81618293
>all Marvel fans support Trump
This should explain why they sell so much.
>>
>>81617484
What I mean is that I fear people will see the book doing good, and mistake that to mean the character is good. Because the concept of the character is fucking retarded, it's just saved by the only person to write it being freaking amazing.
>>
>>81618303
Best part is, it doesn't have a SINGLE white male, so they can sell it as "so progressive!"
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.