[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbing of Age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 449750360604590303.png (343 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
449750360604590303.png
343 KB, 1000x333
Crime is so convenient, though!
>>
>>81610149
Having needed once to get a new ID and security card I can honestly say I prefer a crime.

Though it doesn't take months, just a day of running around, about 40 $ and two weeks for the new security card to come by mail. Of course I live in a relatively small city so that probably helps.
>>
>>81610149
Y'know. DOA and me are on the same page for once since like what feels like a year.
>>
Yeah, it's starting to feel like Willis wrote himself into a corner when it comes to this plot, which ultimately doesn't need to happen considering that all Becky and Joyce need to do is go up to whatever cops are at the house and explain the situation. Hell, the police already should have called Becky or Joyce or whoever to allow Becky to get her junk from home.

In any case, what I mean is that Willis is writing Joyce as a comic-relief bystander to the antics of Josh and Becky. Given how passionate Joyce has been about defending Becky, you'd be led to believe that she is as passionate about all other aspects of life, but here she's being written as a straight man character who is made to clean up after Becky's messes. Her view of the world is broken as well, so theoretically she should be willing to question anything and everything.

As I said before, Joyce has basically become the love interest of a three-person gaming comic, who ends up falling for the wacky protagonist and miscarries his baby later. I feel like if Willis HAS to write this story, he shouldn't be making Josh so willing to give Becky an easy-out; he could be helpful, but not entirely willing to break the law. He could be offering the same advice I offered earlier, by talking with the police at the house.

Willis needs to learn to write teams of three as id/ego/superego groups. It worked for "Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy" after all.
>>
>>81610149
>months
>>
>>81611030
Don't you know, cops are incompetent and the only option is free spirited tomfoolery

Oh that wacky becky
>>
>>81610149
Joyce's face actually made me chuckle. It's like I'm reading a different comic.
>>
Can someone post the previous strip? My router blocks DoA for some weird reason from fully loading, which is a weird problem I'll fix eventually, but right now I just don't care enough.
>>
>>81611672
Willis' characters are tolerable when they're not pushing an agenda. Like when his characters are just being silly assholes, it's at least fun. But then when the plot gets serious you can't help but go back and point out how much of an asshole they were being, and if we're in the same reality then this character is also shitty.

It's a conflict of tone.
>>
>>81610149
>he just copy pasted the last two panels and changed Joyce's face

BOY IT'S A GOOD THING WILLIS IS NO SLOUCH AND HAS THAT 3 MONTH BUFFER, HUH?
>>
>>81610149
Your web comic sucks, and your art """style""" is obnoxious.
>>
>>81610988
>>81611709
>there exist people who unironically read this shit
>>
>>81611858
It's less "unironic" and more "critical". We examine Willis' mistakes and learn from them, seeing how Willis doesn't bother learning from his mistakes himself.

>>81611762
I think I've figured out how it works. Willis does thumbnail sketches to figure out panelling and pacing, then draws the background line-art, copying and pasting whatever is necessary. He colors that in, and then repeats the process for the character line-art.

Basically, he does line-art before coloring. If you cross your eyes, it's always the line-art that's copied and not the colors.
>>
>>81612268
>the line-art that's copied and not the colors
so Willis isn't just lazy, he's stupid
>>
>>81612268
One thing I've noticed is sometimes Willis will redraw a character, even though they're in the same pose from panel to panel. I guess as a way to make up for copy pasting so much?
Honestly it never bothered me that much, but then again, I grew up reading Garfield.
>>
>>81610149
I don't really keep up with this comic, why exactly do they need to break into her own house?
>>
File: DO IT FOR BECKY.png (2 MB, 2000x3088) Image search: [Google]
DO IT FOR BECKY.png
2 MB, 2000x3088
>>81612560
her dad tried to kidnap her because he was a bland stereotype and she's the opposite bland stereotype and got his ass arrested. She doesn't have a key and doesn't understand how to approach any situation with any forethought so now they're going to break in. In addition, everyone needs to be dedicated to her, so no matter that this plan is terrible, fairly illegal, will result in more harm than good, and completely unnecessary, they'll do it anyway since she's so generically quirky.
>>
>>81610988
>go up to whatever cops are at the house

Why would there still be cops at her house? The dad was arrested at least a couple days ago, and it doesn't seem the sort of thing that'd require a really in-depth investigation of their home.

It's really strange that she doesn't just have a key.
>>
>>81613630
Fair enough; I doubt cops would still be there.
Still, they should at least contact them and ask if it's okay before outright trying to break in.

And yes, the oddest part is that she doesn't have a key. I still have a key to my old home, and I've moved out. If Becky outright discarded her home key in some sort of symbolic gesture, then that's another strike against her in the end.
>>
>>81613702
Actually yeah. All the other stuff can be explained by "Oh, her father wants control over her" but why wouldn't he give her a way to get INTO her house?
>>
>>81613702
She's even gone back to her room to pick up stuff, so the excuse of "I had to leave in a hurry and left all my stuff behind" doesn't hold water. It's just a super contrived situation designed to put Becky behind the cue ball so we can watch the universe fold in on itself to get her to win.
>>
File: 2015-11-30-clothes[1].png (464 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30-clothes[1].png
464 KB, 1000x333
>>81614619
Oops, forgot the image.
>>
>>81611694
I would also like to see the previous strip, but I just plain don't want to go to the site.
>>
File: 1460002245457[1].png (396 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
1460002245457[1].png
396 KB, 1000x333
>>81611694
>>81614658

Previous strip
>>
>>81614772
Thankyou.
>>
>>81614637
>Last panel
This basically sums up the base of what's wrong with Willis' "Humor"
>>
File: 2016-04-09-personal[1].png (349 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-09-personal[1].png
349 KB, 1000x333
>>81614772

My mistake, that's 2 ago.
>>
I'm going to bet money that "Jocylyne" and Becky wind up together.
>>
>>81615041
Oh fuck.
>>
>>81615041
>Maybe I can be Joyce for you tonight.
>>
>>81614619
I know the whole point of this is to shit on Willis, and that's a noble endeavor, but your lack of reading comprehension is showing.
>>
>>81615041
That would solve a few problems... if only to make even more.
>>
>>81615041
I'm not going to bet that it will happen, but I now am beginning to think it should happen. I want to see this.
>>
So Willis thinks that other than crimes that deal with finances there are crimes to bad that they'll just take your shit?

Or will these numbnuts be informed that its her house after all this bullshit is over.

>>81615041
"My girlfriend has a penis! I've got their cock and I'm eating it too!!"

Yep that sounds like something that poster gal for head trauma would say.
>>
>>81610988
That is a god analysis, anon.
>>
>>81610149
Does Becky not have a victim support worker she can call about this? Or even just the number of an organisaition who can tell her what her rights are.
>>
>>81617067
QUIT BLAMING BECKY YOU SHIT LORD!
>>
>>81617186
I don't blame Becky for being clueless I was more thinking Josh is a retard for not suggesting it.
>>
>>81614886
Wait, wasn't Jocelyne supposed to be the smart one?
>>
Don't worry about the pace, just make the face!
>>
>>81617408
It's a prime example of Becky's reality bending aura.
>>
>>81617408
>gang go to Next house
>expect hyjinks maybe even shenanigans
>Josh calls a locksmith

Common sense could still precautions
>>
>>81617863
*common sense could prevail
Stupid phone
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.