[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your hopes for the Cloak & Dagger tv show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 1169279-cloak_and_dagger.jpg (239 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
1169279-cloak_and_dagger.jpg
239 KB, 900x1367
What are your hopes for the Cloak & Dagger tv show?
>>
>>81609413
First time I heard about them. Maybe I'll start reading them.
>>
Lots of interracial sexualness, silly goy.
>>
That ABC gives the rights to Netflix instead
>>
>>81609413
that it'll surprise me, I guess. They've never seemed terribly interesting in the comics I've read
>>
That they're not lazy and stick to an origin other than "lol Inhumans."
>>
>>81609659
the will they or won't they thing is actually more interesting then them ever hooking up
>>
None, because it's going to be a show for teens. It will be full of teen drama and basically unwatchable by any functioning adult.
>>
>>81609413
More rule 34 of them. Mostly of dagger tho. Gettin Black'd.
>>
>>81609413
That they don't shy away from some of the gritty shit the characters deal with on the street level. That they don't fuck up the costumes. That cloak looks cool. That they don't have the manufactured over emotional bullshit CW shows like Arrow have.
>>
Spider-Man, Nelson and Murdock, and Turk cameos. As well as a nod to The Runaways.
>>
>>81611351
good thing we're all dysfunctional adults so addicted to drama we even gossip about celebrities we only heard of yesterday
>>
>>81609413
big fat tits on Dagger. Lots of cleavage
>>
there any good cloak and dagger runs i should check out?
>>
File: image.jpg (671 KB, 1600x1251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
671 KB, 1600x1251
>>81609413
I'm a little bummed it's not based off the Dabney Coleman movie.
>>
>>81611912
none
>>
I just hope it's good
>>
>>81609413
Decent mix between the original '80s comic and the modern Ultimates angle. I know they won't do just 616 C&D, so a mix is preferable to Ultimates-only C&D. I want to see that tension in their relationship. They need each other to function because of their powers, but there's also that line that Dagger feels Cloak is a little controlling because he wants to know everything going on.. she can't just go to night classes to better herself.. have friends outside of him, who is quite a bit anti-social between situation and his powers.

I want drugs and surviving on the street angle. No mutant replaced with inhuman shit, just let the drug experiment convert them to what they are with powers. Small time criminals to take down, occasional crossovers, and moving around the country trying to duck the authorities. We're not likely to get Dagger's costume, but something like AoU Scarlet Witch with hints of the cross in the pattern would work. Cloak will likely get his costume. It would be stupid not to do something that easy.
>>
There's like no chance it's going to be good
first off, there promoting it as a romantic show
and wtf is with that
secondly, Freeform is a dead network with no budget
I watch Shadowhunters because pic related and my ex read all the books but the show has the worst fucking writing and TNT-tier effects
it makes the Librarians look like a masterpiece
the sfx are gonna be such shit
and story wise there is no chance this will connect to anything in the MCU
this will be an embarrassment cancelled after a season at most, if not during it
>>
>>81611912
Not really, but if you're still interested in reading them I suggest you ask Michel Fiffe about them on twitter or though his email. He's the biggest Cloak and Dagger fan on the planet and he responds to anyone who tries to talk to him.

http://michelfiffe.com/?p=5271

Just look at that. Gathered every single comic featuring Cloak and Dagger and had that shit bound. He's a mad man.
>>
>>81614651
Freeform is basically ABC's version of the CW, except a lot worse. A LOT worse.
>>
>>81614786
that's cool
Fiffe has some really good taste and also some shit stuff
so beware
>>
File: katherine-mcnamara-1.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
katherine-mcnamara-1.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>81614876
Shadowhunters makes Arrow/any stupid SciFi show/ and most 90s shows looks good in comparison
it's so poorly produced
the actors seemingly don't even give a fuck
and they put weird filters on scenes a lot
plus push the gay plotline really hard
and ignore the wincest, what a waste
I hate watch every part of it and they waste the best girl
its so fucking stupid
how do you waste the star of the show when she's this goddamn sexy
she should be wearing skimpy clothes kicking demon butt, with tats and like spells
but they give her a plastic lightsaber
>>
>>81614970
>plus push the gay plotline really hard
I think they do this in all of their shows. It's despicable really.
>>
>>81609413
Absolutely no mention of race for the first season at least. Not even mention how anyone, not just the main characters, are black, white, ANY race at all. Let's see if they can actually write the series without going "Look how progressive we are!"
>>
>>81615077
they are just like we're in love! and don't have any actual relationship development
and they sideline the main girl and storyline for it
makes no sense
Like I have no writing credentials but have read a few books and have real life experiences
I bet I could do this shit
sign me up Marvel/DC
it can't get any worse right?
Loeb is the head of all television things for the foreseeable future
Slott will hold onto Spider-Man until we're all dead and gone
and Bendis will become EIC and be like the dude from Semi Pro, just trying to think of the most ridiculous promotions that he can
there's no hope anyway, give me a chance
>>
>>81614066
Eat dick
>>81611912

Original limited and Spider island mini
>>
File: The-Goyim-Know[1].png (174 KB, 450x290) Image search: [Google]
The-Goyim-Know[1].png
174 KB, 450x290
>>81609659
this

It's going to be JJ2.0
>>
File: 1332345218058172820[1].jpg (632 KB, 800x3030) Image search: [Google]
1332345218058172820[1].jpg
632 KB, 800x3030
>>81611351
>show for teens

Oy vey!
>>
>>81616833
I think it's on the network formerly known as ABC Family
>>
>>81616804
What about Ironfist?

oh wait...
>>
>>81616804
This is aimed at teenagers
>>
>>81619110
See
>>81616833
>>
>>81614876
Freeform is what used to be ABCFamily right?
>>
>>81619157
See
>>81617012
>>
>>81609413
no niggers, please
>>
>>81625818
Too bad for u
>>
An eventual Runaways series.
>>
>>81611948
That was one of my favorite childhood movies
>>
>>81609413
no L-shaped sheets if they ever have sex
>>
>>81630956
They won't hook up till season 3

Do you even /tv/ anon
>>
>>81617012
Do they even care when it's a WM/BW?
>>
What is the budget even gonna be for this show?
>>
>>81633941
$1
>>
>>81633954
I know it's Freeform, but I want their powers to look cool.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.