[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's Discuss: Pixar in the Early 2000's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: nemo.jpg (281 KB, 1473x1473) Image search: [Google]
nemo.jpg
281 KB, 1473x1473
Pixar got its starts and its first few movies in the latter half of the 1990's, but it was the 2000's where they really picked up, and the movies they released in the first half of the 2000's, such as Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles are currently considered some of their best.

Do you agree that this is when Pixar really hit their stride? If so, what made these movies stand out from their first few and their later movies? Could Pixar make movies like these again? And on that vein, is it a good thing that they're now giving all these movies sequels?
>>
>>81603045
I remember a TV spot with Bruce saying, "WE'RE LOOKING FOR NEMO". IT must've been a deleted scene, anyone else remember that?
>>
The Incredibles is really the only Pixar movie that really needed a sequel, and I'm hype it's finally getting one. It and Up are the only ones I watched multiple times in theaters (Though I'm sad I missed my chance to see WALL-E at all).
>>
I dunno, I'd say the strongest movies from Pixar were actually in the Late 2000's - Ratatouille, WALL-E, and Up. Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are both great though.
>>
The Incredibles is still the greatest Pixar movie ever made, I don't care what others say.
>>
Stream on as part of a M-W-F Disney/Pixar marathon. Tonight is Finding Nemo, Home on the Range, and The Incredibles. First movie starts in about 5 minutes.

live stream dot com slash oakshappyfuntime
>>
Pretty much all the Pixar movies of the 2000's were good with one real exception, and Cars just happened to be right in the middle of the decade, so it kind of seemed like it was splitting the good movies from each other as separate eras or somethign.
>>
Pixar already started off strong with the Toy Stories. A Bug's LIfe was good too even if it wasn't AS good as the Toy Stories, Pixar stayed strong until Cars, and then has been strong since then until Cars 2 and Good Dinosaur.
>>
Home on the Range coming up.
>>
>>81603577
>Home on the Range

come the fuck on theres not a single solitary human being on earth who wants to watch that piece of shit
>>
>>81607044
You've never watched a shitty movie just to make fun of it, anon? Besides, it's the principle of the thing. Gotta show them all, evne the crap ones.
>>
The Incredibles starting in a few minutes.
>>
>>81603512
Which only makes me dread that the sequel is going to lead to endless arguments about whether or not it's as good as the original.

They have a pretty fucking huge legacy to live up to; they really need to not fuck it up.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.