[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"WOLVERINE" ADDS BOYD HOLBROOK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Boyd Holbrook.jpg (180 KB, 1045x770) Image search: [Google]
Boyd Holbrook.jpg
180 KB, 1045x770
>Boyd Holbrook ("Hatfields & McCoys") is in talks to join the cast of James Mangold's WOLVERINE as the main villain, "a relentless, calculating and intense head of Security for a global enterprise who is set against Wolverine". It's an original character created for the movie, and Holbrook would join a cast that also includes Hugh Jackman in his last outing as the titular character, and Patrick Stewart as his mentor, Professor Charles Xavier. WOLVERINE is being released on March 3, 2017.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/the_wolverine/narcos-actor-boyd-holbrook-signs-on-to-play-the-lead-villain-a137255
>>
File: 1454893054925.jpg (30 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
1454893054925.jpg
30 KB, 575x323
>>81602773
>a relentless, calculating and intense head of Security for a global enterprise who is set against Wolverine
>>
>>81602839
Sounds like "Enemy of the State".
>>
>Main villain
>Original character
But why? I'm not a huge X-Men fan, but there has to be someone they can use that'd make a decent antagonist.

OC's don't seem like a smart idea for comic adaptations.
>>
>>81603213
Wolverine 3 is supposed to be an Old Man Logan adaption

Boyd is probably a stand in for The Red Skull since POTUS is head of security of a global enterprise

now all we need is Not Hawkeye, Not Hulks, Not Venom T-Rex and Not Spider-Bitch.
>>
>>81603431
>Old Man Logan
I still don't get why they're doing this.
Should just let Logan wander around with one of his adopted daughters on a motorcycle and fight shit.
>>
>>81602773
I thought he was Arcade before I read original
>>
So no Daken? Pity. As much as a piece of shit as the guy is, he could create an interesting conflict for Wolverine
>>
>>81602773

holy shit, this guy looks just like me
>>
It's the gringo from Narcos

Nice
>>
>>81603511
Because people have shouted for it and it's a great story. Those same people also don't realize that it wouldn't work nearly as well unless Marvel owns the rights because of all the characters missing.

That and it's an excuse to get rid of Wolverine by having him be old and retired so they can introduce X-23 during the movie as well.
>>
>>81604090
>so they can introduce X-23 during the movie as well.
They should really have made a movie with Wolverine and Jubilee going on a mission together. Then have Laura show up.
>>
>>81604147
>Jubilee

I don't have a reaction appropriate enough for that.
>>
>>81604193
To bad she will be killed by Storm in x-men: apocalypse
>>
>>81604295
I am very concerned about the lack of Jubes in the promotional material.
I hope at least she is just getting cut from the film like Rogue, and not murdered early to establish threats.
>>
>>81604295
>>81604414
Oh god, Singer is not really gonna pull a Snyder here, is he? (Or should I call it Goyer? I don't know, killing off Jimmy because he's too goofy seems exactly like the sort of thing Goyer would do.)
>>
>>81603431
>Not Hawkeye
Old blind Gambit
alt Longshot
>Not Hulks
Juggernaut family
alt Blob Family
>Not Venom T-Rex
The virus thing cable has T-Rex
alt Deadpool T-Rex?
Not Spider-Bitch.
>nightcrawler and storms grand daughter
Alt Some rando
>>
>>81604414
You should be scared, she gets killed by Storm while protecting some students.
Not only that, Lemire wants to write Jubilee before he kills her in his run of Old Man Logan.
>>
>>81604531
Well have you seen Jubilee anywhere in the trailers or anything?
>>81604766
Where'd you hear this from?
>>
File: 1414264782881.jpg (151 KB, 900x1038) Image search: [Google]
1414264782881.jpg
151 KB, 900x1038
>>81604766
>she gets killed by Storm while protecting some students.
> before he kills her in his run of Old Man Logan.
I FUCKING HATE THIS WORLD.
WHY ARE WRITERS SO FUCKING RETARDED?!
>>
>>81604817
JubileeĀ“s death in the comics was discussed in the last two previous x-retreat.
>>
File: 1395710178067.jpg (93 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1395710178067.jpg
93 KB, 500x359
>>81605023
Why would they do that to her?
Is she too genki for modern marvel?
>>
So.... no Daken then I take it?
>>
>>81603998
I'm sorry
>>
>>81603431
>making a live action version of a thinly veiled comic book adaptation of a live action movie
For what purpose?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.