[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a send-off better than the end of X-Men:DOFP I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
Is there a send-off better than the end of X-Men:DOFP

I think that this is something none of the other companies could ever accomplish and have the same kind of impact. Think about the people who followed the X-movies from the first one, they could have been teens or even little kids. Through all the ups and downs and continuity snarls, in the end, they give one of the best send-offs ever
>>
File: Old-Man-Logan-Wolverine-Comics.jpg (63 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
Old-Man-Logan-Wolverine-Comics.jpg
63 KB, 570x300
Their troubles aren't over yet. If the Old Man Logan movie involves them somehow...
>>
>>81586907
Yeah but Old Man Logan is like an alt future thing
>>
It was a real gift, to be honest. I don't hate X-3 as much as some others do, but it would be naff if that's the last we ever saw of the characters.

Yeah, loved that ending.
>>
>>81586394
I was a little kid when xmen 1 came out, 23 now. It was very nice to see
>>
I couldn't unseen Jean as the "My eyebrows never move and I only have one expresson" woman from that Good Wife tv show. Never notice how atrocious of an actress she is.
>>
It did get me pretty good.

Not a fan of the new 'Singer is bad' meme tbqh
>>
>>81586394

It's about as good as genuine fanservice can get. I think this got to everyone who grew up this franchise, and it's the perfect end-cap to the old guard.

>>81587272

Famke Jansson and Julianna Margulies are two different people. And Famke is a pretty decent actress when given material beyond "look pretty."

Julianna used to be way better, I have no idea what the fuck happened to her in this last season of Good Wife
>>
>>81587596
>Not a fan of the new 'Singer is bad' meme tbqh
When did this happen?
>>
>>81586394
Kelsey Grammer needs to play Beast in more stuff, he was made for that role.
>>
>Rogue and Iceman were together in the fixed future

Muh feels
>>
>>81587596
>>81588136

It's less "Singer is bad' and more "JLaw is the worst thing since AIDS and will ruin all movies forever."

Most of the Singer stuff is dank memes about him molesting the twinks he cast.
>>
I have my gripes with the X flicks but yeah, it was a pretty solid ending to their stories
>>
I'm so tired of Singer directing these movies. He had something in the first two movies, but he just never advanced past it. The Wolverine movie was better than DoFP and Apocalypse is looking like shit.
>>
>>81589305
>The Wolverine movie was better than DoFP
Absolutely not
>>
>>81589912
I certainly enjoyed it more.
Although, I did like seeing Halle Berry getting killed in DoFP a lot.
>>
>>81586394
Yeah, I am always glad when I see Cyke cock-blocking that douche.
>>
>>81590708
He can only delay the inevitable for so long.
>>
>>81587001
I'm guessing the idea was when he was younger, he was more savage and feral because he spent less time in that form and was actively trying to deny that side of himself, but over the decades he became more comfortable in it to the point when, as an adult, he had matured to where he had the self-respect to stay blue and groom himself immaculately.
>>
>>81588167
More importantly, that meant they could hint at Kitty/Colossus OTP.
>>
if I was gonna watch DOFP should I watch First Class beforehand or is it skipable
>>
>>81592039
Yes. You have to watch First Class
>>
>>81588187
>The first two x-men films are forgettable.
>Rogue's first kiss
>Wolverine in the cage
>Him getting launched out of a truck and seeing his healing factor in action for the first time
>Every single exchange between Sir Stewart and Sir McKellan
>Senator Kelly's body horror, climaxing with him dissolving on the operating table
>Magneto owning Wolverine
>Scott and Logan's interactions
>Dat plastic prison
And that's just the memorable stuff from the first movie, which I'll agree is the weakest of the series outside of X3. I can go on to X2 if you want.
>>
>>81592107
k
>>
>>81592126
This.

They're great movies.
>>
>>81592126
"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?"
>>
>>81586933
they could still totally decide to just make it NOT an alt future and strip the story to its bones and just make logan an angry old man

or they could still have it be an alt future thing and have it follow that arc when he got dumped in a different timeline for plot reasons, thought he was still in his own timeline, and went crazy murderer
>>
>>81592220
most likely it will just be Logan being led around the new future by Prof. x.

add in villain, instant plot.
>>
>>81592039
Watch X-men, X2, The Wolverine, First Class and then DoFP.
>>
File: 1459587772390.png (397 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459587772390.png
397 KB, 640x480
>>81586394
Remember when Jean wasn't hideous?
>>
>>81592218
"It gets electrocuted"

i dont get why people hated that line so much.
>>
>>81594395
not really. famke jansen always looked like an over aged old sock to me in these films. She hasn't been hot since goldeneye.
>>
>>81592039
I don't actually like first class very much but id suggest checking it out. It adds a lot of background for the far superior dofp
>>
>>81594773
>liking an ugly fat chav britbong over based Famke

This is what happens when imbeciles are allowed to voice their opinions.
>>
>>81596199
ugh yeah i know what was i thinking
>>
>>81596446
holy shit

51 and still looks better than 20-something sophie
>>
>>81594395
Lack of flexibility aside, those leather unis are great
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.