[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love the Show. Hate the fans.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Art_Zimyelling.png (185 KB, 900x1445) Image search: [Google]
Art_Zimyelling.png
185 KB, 900x1445
What other shows/comics are great, but have the shittiest fanbase? And does that fact affect your ability to enjoy it
>>
>>81580215
the thing about that show is that it was so ahead of its time bro, there was nothing like it on nick i guess. it generated a fanbase of fangirls who merely liked it cause of gir's cuteness and the show's artstyle, some of these fanfgirls even being sonic fangirls, who you would see in class drawing yaoi art, and listening to Caramelldansen on there mp3, and then you think to yourself "damn i wish i could draw as good as her", and then later in life she would have a bisexual friend who's open about being a furry to her and hates you but later becomes attracted to you and want to see your dick in your senior year, but aside from that they shop at hot topic buying shitty memeshow shirts and domo snapbacks. while the only friend you have is an an otaku who likes dating sims. and then you realize your life is a fucking lie cuase you never played for the football team even though you went to practice everyday, and just wanted to find that special someone, but end up being used and treated like some cuck. fuck my life
>>
File: 1456903061280.gif (381 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456903061280.gif
381 KB, 500x281
Invader Zim had really great animation and really interesting visual style.
>>
>>81580215
Why do you hate yourself?
I mean you are part of the fandom.
>>
>>81580768
Pretty sure what makes someone part of a fanbase is a degree of fanaticism.
>>
>>81580822
the funny thing about good shows back in the day, is the they never lasted or ended.
it's amazing how the cancerous fan base made halfway decent fan animations of unfinished episodes merely using the unused audio, and scripts to make them a full but unoficial episode
>>
>>81580215
I'm gonna go with Homestuck. The comic is legitimately good, but the fandom is gag-inducing. Luckily the worst offenders stick to Tumblr for the most part so they're easy to avoid. Invader Zim is another like that, it was dark but cutesy in all the right ways to make the 13-yer olds at the time take the dark humor 100% sincerely and don't get that there's much more to the show than LOL GIR IS SO FUNNEE DOOM DOOM DOOMY DOOM
>>
>>81580946
i don't think i'll like or understand homestuck.
i prefer prequel.
but obviously rick and morty is the show that is a rewind that will generate new cancer that already exist
>>
>>81580946
It's a shame how the quality dropped the way it did after dragging on for the amount of time it has. It was truly an amazingly clever, unique and interesting story that left a deep as fuck footprint in the internet.
>>
>>81581107
the internet was young
>>
>>81581107
Yeah, I get what Hussie tried to do with Act 6 and I think the idea was good, but the execution was just not there. Not to mention that was the point when he started writing for the Tumblr crowd instead of actively making fun of them. The walk arounds were just way too long though, I think I'd like to see what Act 6 would be like if he went back and rehauled it to make it more in line with the rest of the comic.
>>
>>81581032
Homestuck's worth a shot, just stick with it through the first Act and a little ways into the second. Act 1 is notorious for being slow, even though it had some of my favorite jokes.
>>
File: waah.png (378 KB, 879x634) Image search: [Google]
waah.png
378 KB, 879x634
A lot of respect from the outside viewers towards the fandom in general were fan were lost after zamii, which is quite sad because the show had a comfortable fandom that was viewed as a nuisances but was seen as cancerous after the whole thing happened. Like it was gonna end up with a reputation but this really pushed it over the edge
>>
>>81580667
Can this be some dank OC pasta? I kek'd way too hard
>>
File: 1456468573725.jpg (140 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1456468573725.jpg
140 KB, 500x332
>>81581242
The only part of homestuck that is even worth reading was the midnight Crew side story.
The rest is ass and not worth the months of reading it.
>>
>>81580215

Ya know, I really loved the show back then, it was really rare for a show to actually make me laugh on some parts. Hell, I even enjoyed Gir quite a bit with his retardedness. But there were some pretty twisted shit that happened there which was great, surprised that Nick let it go for a bit.

As for fanbase, I did meet a girl who said was a fan of invader zim once. She mainly focused on the dog, and apparently if it didn't show gir for the majority of the time she wouldn't watch it. Or some shit.
>>
>>81581332
>>81581332
just print image and save bro
>>
>>81580215
how has anyone not mentioned steven universe yet? in fact, can we just make this a steven universe thread?
>>
>>81581850
It's dumb, obnoxious shit like this that gets SU or any wildly popular subject demonized.
>>
The small horse show that shall not be named.
It IS good, far better than a 25 minute commercial for girl toys has any right to be, but the fandom. fucking lord, the fandom is some of the worst unironcally cancerious cesspit of autism you´ll ever see. Not even talking about /mlp/, I mean the tumbltard and ponychan crowd. The people you see on brony conventions that you recognize as those weird smelly kids everybody avoided in school. They are as glueeating bad as the Sonic and Thomas crowd.
>>
>>81580946
I was a Homestuck teen back in the day. I wasn't one of the terrible ones but I had friends who were.

The fans on the internet were never too bad, legitimately good stuff came out of it and there was a lot more creativity than I've seen in other fandoms. It launched a couple of careers.

Convention Homestuck was unforgivable, though. You haven't experienced hell until you've seen a Homestuck roleplay spin the bottle game. 13 year old girls loudly talking about their favourite bdsm fics. Grey paint smeared on the con centre walls. I'm pretty sure most conventions now have extra rules put in place because of Homestucks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.