[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Damian Wayne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: 1664340-screen_capture_3.png (438 KB, 481x538) Image search: [Google]
1664340-screen_capture_3.png
438 KB, 481x538
Every time I start to like this little shit, it's immediately fucked over when he does or says some loner cringe shit.
Discuss.
Side note- I just got back into reading Marvel shit. What the hell happened to Black Cat?
>>
File: 1459355220712.jpg (147 KB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
1459355220712.jpg
147 KB, 1916x1076
Movie Raven a cute.

Movie Starfire a cute.

I have spoken facts.
>>
I've made every effort to like Damian after writer after writer tried to make him more than "ten Year-Old Grant Morrison's fantasy about being Batman's son."

It's never stuck. Closest was in Streets of Gotham where he actually made a friend.
>>
>>81577226
Well he's still a little boy, doing cringy shit that will embarrass them later is just what they do. I find it endearing and it helps make him stand out from the other Robins. Though if he's still doing that shit as an adult it'll be pretty tiresome.
>>
Don't have much to add to the main topic, but for your side note:

Black Cat got her shit kicked in by Spider-Man when Doc Ock had control of his body. She was embarrassed by that, and decided to go full-blown supervillain again to get street cred back. Speaking as someone in the /co/ minority that actually enjoys most of Slott's run, it was fucking lazy and generally stupid.
>>
>>81577226
HE IS COOL:
>>
I will never understand the appeal of Damian Wayne. No really, someone explain to me why you like him. I hate the little fucker. Wish he would die and never come back in this overcrowded Batfamily
>>
>>81577864
The worst part is now they just introduce characters to the senpai like it's not a big deal when it happens. Who the fuck likes Harper Row other than Snyder?
>>
>>81577864

I mainly started to like him after Morrison's Batman and Robin due to his interactions with Dick.
>>
>>81578034
This is when I liked him. But it was the only time because they rolled back his character development afterwards due to reboot.
>>
>>81577991
I dropped the book after Endgame. It was the last straw for me. What became of Harper? I havent heard jack. And now I here about some kid named Duke joining? For fuck sake DC, trim the fat. Because Batwing worked so well too didnt he?
>>
File: RCO015.jpg (826 KB, 1967x3023) Image search: [Google]
RCO015.jpg
826 KB, 1967x3023
>>81577864
Because as person from a broken home who just wanted their parents to get back together I sympathize with him
On top of that he rejected the Al Ghul heritage of his mother and instead chose to be a person who fights for good like his father.
I am in the same position as you anon because I will never understand the utter hatred a lot of people on /co/ heap on Damian. Especially with great runs like Robin: Son of Batman and the 2009 run of Batman and Robin both of which made him into a great character and imo a likable person
>>
>>81577864
He's a try-hard edgelord who's played for laughs but he has vulnerable moments that make you feel for him. Batfam interactions are a lot more lively with him around. Also has a character arc that's sort of ongoing while everyone else has been more or less stagnant. But it's cool if you don't like him.
>>
>>81577226
he's an arrogant, punk ass piece of shit. i loved it when nightwing beat him and tied him up like an animal. i hope he dies soon.
>>
File: 1453064299846.jpg (43 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
1453064299846.jpg
43 KB, 500x398
>>81578130

Keep looking up, anon.
>>
>>81578130
He had a terrible introduction, his interactions with the Batfam outside of Dick aren't that great, his interactions with the greater DCU are very hit or miss, and most writers can't really write children so he has that problem too. His best writers understand that he's an egotistical little shit who was spoiled and lavished with praise growing up but is trying to be a better person. The problem is he only has a few writers who can do him really well so most of the time he reads as an edgy, conceited midget.
>>
>>81577864
>>81577991
>>81578112

FUCKING THIS.

Its obnoxious how big the "Bat family" has gotten, Its damm near ruined batman as a character for me, when any little shit can just join in the club ike nothing, Harper row is by far the best example, fuck her and fuck this Duke character who is now in. I miss when it was just Batman, Dick, Jason, barbara and maybe tim, but fuck tim.

Focus on the existing characters and develop them more and make them exciting dammit. This shit bothers me and triggers me more than it should.
>>
>>81577864
Shotacons.
>>
>>81578565
Well that's the fault of the writers who do him poorly and not the character himself right?
I wouldn't blame Captain Marvel for becoming """"""""" Shazam"""""""""" just because writers are shit. In my own personal opinion when Damian is good he is really friggin good and when he is bad he is really bad.
>>
>>81577226
I can never get past this kids weirdly-shaped head. It's like they needed to differentiate him from the other black-haired, blue-eyed Robins but the best they could come up with was make him look like some sort of mongoloid.
>>
>>81579108
He is some sort of mongoloid. He's like quarter chinese.
>>
>>81577226
>>81577408
>>81577587
>>81577756
>>81577864
>>81578378
>>81578565
Friendly reminder that Damian has Batman's exact personality, just in the body of a child and without the fanboy indulgence Batman gets. Literally the only difference is he's new. Damien is Batman before Batman admitted the rest of the League weren't useless.
>>
>>81577226
I like him cause hes mini Bruce and he finally puts to rest the question why does Batman have a child with him. He's endgame. He was born and raised to be nothing but Bruce's successor much like Dick but even more so because of his upbringing with Talia.
>>
I like him because Dami is cool and does what he wants.
he's just like me a ARAB kid .
>>
I love the character. Damian is an awesome little bastard.
>>
File: Bat-Cow_01.jpg (431 KB, 764x1180) Image search: [Google]
Bat-Cow_01.jpg
431 KB, 764x1180
How can you not love him and his menagerie? (And yes, there is a Batcow in the cave, even Bruce knows when to pick his battles with Damian)

But anyway, if you have seen Damian only in the animation, I understand your dislike, he is quite insufferable. But in comics Damian is shown to have also a vulnerable side, and he does possesses Bruce's good heart and his drive to do good, though it is buried under a lot of arrogance and violence. Damian is also often an overdramatic li'l ball of anger, which is quite intentionally funny.
>>
I like Damian because he's an arrogant little shit. His interactions with the other Robins are fun and I thoroughly enjoy Robin,Son of Batman. He's a fun character even though he's pretty much Mini-Bruce Wayne.
>>
File: image.png (226 KB, 464x1721) Image search: [Google]
image.png
226 KB, 464x1721
>>81577327
I miss the Teen Titans series Starfire
Go can burn
>>
>>81579519
>He's endgame
not now that bruce has his shiny new black robin
>>
File: 1446044446763.jpg (29 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1446044446763.jpg
29 KB, 500x362
I like him in the comics, but holy shit I tried to watch Batman & Son and that was the worst shit ever.

Just completely atrocious voice acting makes it easy to hate the shit out of him.

P.S. what'd you guys think of that movie? Couldn't get past 10 minutes of that retarded shit. Fucking arrow gatling gun that takes out helicopters ez? and MOTHER FUCKING TREBUCHETS!?
>>
>>81581373
I liked Damian's voice for it. I enjoyed the character designs of the movie.

Other than that fuck the movie. They made Deathstroke the Terminator a bitch. How does Bruce Wayne lose to Deathstroke but his ten year old kid could murder his ass.
>>
Fuck all of you for not reading Son of Batman
>>
>>81580297
always a waifu in my heart
>>
I don't like him in the movies very much, maybe because he hasn't teamed up with Dick yet. I like him because his interactions with other characters are often great and I like his character development. I really liked the Batgirl issues where he was forced to act as a kid undercover but had no idea how to play. Or his team-up with Supergirl.

I don't like his character in the movies though.
>>
>>81578717
>Well that's the fault of the writers who do him poorly and not the character himself right?
By that logic, all the good stuff about Damien is just because of the writers and the character doesn't deserve credit.
>>
>>81581483
Which one? Kubert's was such shit that it burned all the goodwill I had for the character. Gleason's book is cool though
>>
when is that kind anon going to finish the story time of son of batman.

he left off on issue 5 last night.
>>
>>81577226
>What the hell happened to Black Cat?
Slott is a shitty writer, that's what happened.
>>
>>81577708
>got her shit kicked in
That much I know. I never finished Superior Spiderman, but I just assumed she said "fuck it" like everyone else when Pete returned.
>>81583574
This is evident now.
>>
>>81577226
I like Damian exactly because he acts like that.
Any teen should act stupid/spoiled/cringey.

And a teen raised by Ra's and then bats, with his mother not giving a shit about him and grandpa dead, should be brooding. Very brooding. Damian is perfect like this.
>>
File: tumblr_l74bdjhX5j1qb9k5wo1_500.png (415 KB, 485x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l74bdjhX5j1qb9k5wo1_500.png
415 KB, 485x750
>>81577226
I loved his interactions with Steph pre-New 52. The silent issue of Batman and Robin with Bruce dealing with his death was pretty cool too.
>>
>>81587504
I ship that /ss/
>>
>>81579427
>Friendly reminder that Damian has Batman's exact personality,

No he doesnt.

Damian was rised to RULE THE WORLD. He has the same complex as Alexander the great. He is the Improved son of someone that is already human perfection. He is a 11-13 years old children that didnt knew modesty until he was 11. He doesnt know how to act socially.

There's nothing wrong with Damian being a douche, the problem is to forget why he is that way.
>>
>>81577226
You have to realize that him being a piece of shit is part of his character, and thus, part of his charm.

Pic slightly related, I guess?
>>
He's an artificially aged genetically superior spawn of the best mortal on the planet and the daughter of the Demon's head who has been trained from birth amongst lethal assassins and whose foundation of pragmatism and power can only be shaken by his father's shining example of another way of doing things. If you don't like Damian you don't like comics.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.