[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst thing Bart's ever done?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8
File: My_Sister_My_Sitter_43.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
My_Sister_My_Sitter_43.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
This episode has to be the most assholish he ever got, at least in the classic seasons.
>>
He killed a bird.
>>
I actually found myself rooting for Bart throughout MSMS. I would be angry too if I had a younger sister who got to babysit me. I'm not saying I would have done everything he did, but I can see why he acted like how he did.
>>
Im going to try and ignore the zombie era and attempt to list some of his misdeeds
>Gave away Santas Little Helper
>The infamous Christmas fire and lie
>BONESTORM theft
>April Fools prank that put Homer in a coma
>Cheated and got enrolled in the advanced class which probably hindered Martin
>Bird death
But regardless Lisa has done worse shit and rarely gets punished
>>
Too easy: The thing he did in the Simpsons movie. I don't think my 8 year old cousin needed to see that.
>>
Ruining Lisa's sculpture in "Bart Vs. Thanksgiving."

...until i can think of something else
>>
>>81577038
desu senpai, he didn't actually mean to.
>>
File: smugstar runner.jpg (84 KB, 674x485) Image search: [Google]
smugstar runner.jpg
84 KB, 674x485
>OP asks what's the most asshole thing Bart ever did
>/co/ lists things he did accidentally

the most asshole thing he did before zombie Simpsons was probably shoplifting Bonestorm. No idea afterwards, I stopped watching sometime around the end of season 8.

>>81577440
>I don't think my 8 year old cousin needed to see that

Perhaps the 'PG-13' could have been a clue.
>>
The Bonestorm episode made me feel really bad. Just the way Marge was so disappointed in him.
>>
>>81577440
>Ameriprudes
>>
>>81577019
The way he used Ralph and then tried to toss him aside.
>>
Stealing a tank? (tho he was drugged)

He was very badly characterized in Father Knows Worst.
>>
>>81577366
>>Gave away Santas Little Helper
prefaced by giving away Laddie

an animal the family liked

who cares about SLH
>>
getting in a Bulldozer and crashing into a few stores in Peeping Mom.
>>
>>81577019
How about that time he lost the baseball game? Little shit should just kill himself
>>
Emancipating from his family and forcing Homer to pay half his wage to him.
>>
>>81577366
BONESTORM theft was probably the worst he's done desu

>>81579600
>tfw I did this to my family

Still forcing them to pay for my university fees kek
>>
Easy one, for me. From "We're on the Road to D'ohwhere" where he's teasing Homer with the possibility of death in the family wagon by balancing him teetering over the cliff. Not a great moment for Homer either. Just uncomfortable for me to watch for whatever reason.
>>
Him stealing bonestorm and marge being disappointed made me feel.
I really never wanted to steal after that.

And never get a tattoo.

And never break something my sister cares about.

And never open christmas presents early.

And never pretend to be stuck in a well.

Bart has taught me a lot.
>>
>>81577440
>seeing a couple of lines that vaguely resemble a human wang being a traumatic experience your cousin will never recover from
>>
What he did to Lisa in Summer of 4'2"

Yeah I know he fixed it at the end, but even so...
>>
So everyone's gonna have a worst moment huh?

IDK, I can't remember one for Bart. For me he's either a great character, or just meh. I never did like it too much whenever they made him crazy just...because.

He really was such a dickbag in MSMS though. I don't know if I can count that as a "bad moment" though cause while Bart's alright inside, he's supposed to be an all-around unlikable little bastard too every now and then.
>>
Impersonating Mrs. Krabapple's date in Bart The Lover. Faggot. I felt so bad for Krabapple.
>>
>>81579834
You mean Mr Hockey Gordie Howe?
>>
File: ro.jpg (25 KB, 335x478) Image search: [Google]
ro.jpg
25 KB, 335x478
>>81577311
You were rooting for Bart? Even after he knocked himself unconscious and Lisa had to get him to the hospital? (and failed)
>>
>>81577019
Been in a crossover with family guy
>>
We're On The Road to Doh'where easy.
>>
>>81577019

Zombie Simpsons, there was that time he tried to make Marge and Homer fight for him and even divorce. It was even lampshaded. Doesn't excuse the fucking character assasination
>>
>>81579865
To be honest, kind of.

Gosh, I sound so mean.

Since I haven't seen it in awhile, that might change. I first saw it when I was 12, and at that time, Bart was my favorite character, so I was always rooting for him in Bart vs Lisa episodes.
>>
>>81579600
To be fair it was money that Homer owed to him.
>>
I kind of get why people keep on calling Bart a "bad boy" or an iconic Brat, but he really comes off as either really confused about his role models or manipulated/peer-pressured into acting out.

Even when he stole Jebidiah's head it wasn't because he was a badass, it's because he thought Jimbo et al would look up to him. That's why I kind of didn't get that one South Park joke where Cartman sort of measures his "badguy" peen with Bart, although admittedly Bart is supposed to be a troublemaker.
>>
actually i was so called 'rooting' for bart in my sister, my sitter. i thought his performance in that episode was necessary for the plot, and is a natural interaction between brother and sister at some point.

well, i can also relate because when i was littler and my older sister babysat me, i tried hard to make it really hard on her. for example, when she was on the computer with a wireless keyboard i would take it and run, then she would freak out.

so i liked Bart in that episode.
>>
>>81579992
The Bart on the show and the Bart on the merch were never exactly one and the same.
>>
I just can't hate MSMS.

One reason is the personal aspect, it did portray sibling rivalry in the extreme even if you think Bart was excessively cruel to his sister. It's not surprising that a known troublemaker like him would react in the worst possible way to being babysat by his goody-two-shoes nerdy little sister. Unlike Marge or the school faculty, Bart simply has no respect for Lisa and is unable to accept her being an authority figure.

I mean, some of the animation and scene construction were first-rate so I think it was one of its season's best.
>>
I love the bread gag.

Also, I respect the opinions of the people who hate the episode, and I can understand why they think this way. However, it's silly to expect Bart to accept his little sister as a babysitter to do everything Lisa tells him to do. Besides the disappointing resolution, I really like this episode.
>>
I have a bigger problem with the basic retardation of Marge to trust an 8 year old to babysit her older (and notorious hellraiser) brother. Sure, Homer would do something like that but for Marge to do it is pushing believability a bit.
>>
File: bart eats bread.png (322 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
bart eats bread.png
322 KB, 540x405
>>81580248
>>
See, I think Bart's actions in MSMS are completely believable and in-character for him whereas his actions in The Road to D'ohwhere are absolutely not.
>>
I think a character's "worst moment" has to imply him being totally out of character. That simple.

About My Sister, My Sitter, I agree with what >>81579769 said

Anyway, I _do_ really hate Bart in this episode. He is cruel and bitchy, and he makes me feel sorry for Lisa. But there's a huge difference between declaring that he is an asshole and thinking that his characterization is wrong, and that is what we are discussing here. His attitude might be a little extreme in this episode but bothering her sister is completely typical of Bart. In the same way I feel sick at Homer when he helps to ruin Flanders in When Flanders Failed, but it is actually what I would expect from the character.
>>
I don't agree at all that Bart's worst moment is in My Sister, My Sitter.

He said in this episode that he is 2 years and 38 days older than Lisa.
Obviously, he thinks that he should not have a babysitter younger than he is. If I was Bart in this situation, I would also be the same jerk but I would injure Lisa instead of myself.

When Lisa was babysitting the Flanders boys, Ralph Wiggum, and Dr. Hibbert's kids that was easier for Lisa since these kids aren't rebels although we don't have a huge amount of info on Hibbert's kids.

I also have to blame Homer and Marge for their retardation as well.

I personally did not like this episode. If the plot was reworked in which Bart was the babysitter and was babysitting Lisa and Maggie, it would have been a little more logical regarding the kids' ages but probably wouldn't have been that much better.
>>
Worst as in out of character: When he was a Focusyn-addict and drove with tanks and draped himself in tin foil.

worst as in doing the baddest thing ever with consequences: his april-fools joke that sent Homer to the hospital after a beer-explosion

worst as in sending himself on an immense guilt-trip: it's a tie between selling his soul and stealing a video game: what followed were two episodes in which Bart had morally lost himself and was an emotional wreck,cut away from the others, unable to function normally... his lowest point from a psychological point of view.
>>
>>81580585
Yeah I could come up with much better ideas for the plot than what we got.
>>
This is really hard for me, seeing as Bart is my favorite character. I would say either the nude scene from the movie (although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be because it's only for a few seconds) or some parts of O Brother Where Bart Thou? such as trying to make his parents do "it" - and what kind of kid watches them to make sure they're doing "it"?
>>
Make Room For Lisa. He was an unnecessary dickhead when Lisa moved in with him and well, i'm quite surprised that she didn't snap and go ballistic on him like in episodes like Lisa on Ice or for that matter Miracle On 34th Street where she strangled the crap outta Bart after he revealed what he did or for that matter, Bart vs Lisa vs the Third Grade years later where she had had it & almost killed him. He got off too easy in this episode, I'm afraid.
>>
>>81580779
I agree, he is real annoying, and it's not even really anything funny to it, he's just doing it just for the sake of doing it. Maybe that's one of the reasons I hate this episode so much.
>>
>>81577366
>>81579630
He should have spent Christmas in juvenile hall. Catfish?
>>
>>81580639
>Worst as in out of character: When he was a Focusyn-addict and drove with tanks and draped himself in tin foil.

Does it count when he's on drugs?
>>
>>81578069
>showing full-blown underaged penis
>pg-13
Suuuure 0/bait
>>
>>81580248
I still tell people I'm going to bread.
>>
>>81580916
Supposedly they managed to keep a PG-13 rating by limiting the amount of expletives and other offensive dialog.
>>
>>81580897
I'd say his lame jokes and comments to Skinner and the fire department at the beginning of this episode were much worse at characterization than the third act (in fact they're probably my least favorite scenes of Bart with him strangling Homer in Barting Over); at least he wasn't doing all that consciously as he was on medication.

I think another terrible one is his dentist joke to Skinner in You Kent Say What You Want. I felt it went too far in everything, it almost seemed he was going to kill the principal.
>>
>>81580639
I watched Marge Be Not Proud again yesterday and I think there has never been a moment in the Simpsons I felt more sorry for Bart as in that episode. Temporarily losing the warmth and love of his mother must have been the worst feeling one could possibly have. I watched it with another person, and she was totally teary-eyed during the scene in which Marge doesn't give Bart the usually night routine and during him making that poor snowman alone outside, while the family had fun inside. So subtle yet so heartbreaking...
Bart's worst moment (emotionally) definitely.
>>
I actually felt bad for Bart in My Sister, My Sitter. I would hate it if I had a little sister who got to babysit me. I thought the ways Bart annoyed Lisa were hilarious and I found myself rooting for Bart all the way through.
>>
What's this, a decent Simpson thread?
Also Bart's lowest was singing with Michael Jackson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0A6xF0mmA8&ab_channel=TWBRadio27
>>
>>81581259
Is that solely because you hate Lisa? If it were the opposite, if Bart was the younger, more mature one, and Lisa was older, less mature, and acted that way, would you have rooted for her?
>>
>>81581403
No, I really felt bad for Bart because his sister was babysitting him.

And to the people complaining about what Bart did, sorry if this sounds to cynical, it shouldn't, but did you really expect Bart to just go with it and get along with Lisa?
>>
>>81581455
That's not really answering my question, but oh well.

And yea, it's not like Bart WAS going to behave. That would sure be OOC.
>>
>>81577019
He crashed Hitlers car.
>>
He took it too far, but I don't blame him for fucking with her a little. Because if I was 10 years old and my 8 year old sister were put in charge of babysitting me, you damn well better believe she'd suffer good.
>>
I'm pretty sure all of us would do the same if we were in Bart's shoes.
>>
Like >>81580370 said, the real problem with this episode was the idea that a halfway-responsible parent like Marge is would do something so amazingly dumb as to leave a bunch of grade schoolers home alone.
>>
>>81581621
I agree with this.
>>
>>81579834
But anon if Miss K wasnt pushing daisys they were gonna end together in the future (we got him and lisa's teacher un bed instead)
>>
>>81581621
I wonder if the writers ever thought this through properly. 'Cause if I were in the writing room, the first thing that I'd say is "Yo niggaz wat da fuck is dis shazz? Marge ain't no dope crack bitch that be leavin' her demon spawn in her crib all by their lonely."
>>
>>81577019
I thought it was stupid how they left Lisa in charge of Bart when she's an irresponsible child and Bart is a handful. Also I hated how Lisa begged her parents to babysit him and have the moral high ground over her brother.
>>
>>81577829
No, he destroyed Lisa's saxaphone in "Lisa's Sax" by fighting over it, and throwing it out of a window for no reason, and he didn't even get in trouble for it. Her centerpiece wasn't even meant to be on the table, Bart was trying to put the turkey down but Lisa was being a rude shit by not moving her centerpiece, when he accidentally destroyed a worthless sculpture, the family punished him and were cruel to him.
>>
The episode where Lisa grows a giant tomato for the science fair and Bart drops it on Skinner's ass. Lisa is devastated but Bart isnt punished at all, even from Marge. While Lisa does become bitchy in the episode for some reason Bart still wins.
>>
>>81579600
>Father regularly physically abuses him
>Mom allows it to happen
He needed to get out of their
>>
what happened in the episode? what did he take too far?
>>
>>81580585
>If I was Bart in this situation, I would also be the same jerk but I would injure Lisa instead of myself.
You'd knock out your 8 year old sister?
>>
>>81583580
>like you never slugged your sister when you were 10
>>
>>81583597
Nah man a few wrestling matches here and there but we never seriously punched.
>>
File: Simpsons lisa laugh.gif (240 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons lisa laugh.gif
240 KB, 500x432
>>81581326

>This was the #1 hit in multiple countries for 1990.

Sometimes I forget how huge Simpsons Mania was.
>>
He didnt like the box factory
>>
File: strange1.jpg (65 KB, 680x464) Image search: [Google]
strange1.jpg
65 KB, 680x464
>that one episode where Homer almost dies and Bart is just texting and laughing throughout

I am not making this up, zombie simpsons is the worst
>>
>>81581326
>only Bart and Homer are featured on the track

I guess they didn't want to have to pay the rest of the voice actors.
>>
Burning Lisa's centerpiece. Yeah, it was accidental, but I seem to recall him laughing or making some comment like "cool" when it went up in flames and Lisa was screaming/crying, both of which make him seem like kind of a sociopath, or at least a major asshole.

And though I get him saying it wasn't his fault when the whole family then turns against him, telling them all later while he's on TV that he's not sorry and won't apologize is an actually deliberate dick move. He did by the end, but still.

It is a great episode though. That whole season was way too real sometimes.
>>
File: Powerpuff.gif (35 KB, 495x459) Image search: [Google]
Powerpuff.gif
35 KB, 495x459
The Powerpuff Girls used to be so cute! I squeezed them until they started seeping out Chemical X, but they came back with the reboot designs!
>>
File: 250px-Woodrow.png (61 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
250px-Woodrow.png
61 KB, 250x188
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the time he tricked Edna with Woodrow.
>>
>>81578177
Was that the episode where Homer talks about taking him to the Police Academy movies? I laughed my ass off, but yeah, Marge's sudden disinterest really bothered me as a kid.
>>
>>81580166
Really? A lot of it fell flat for me, just because of the lack of jokes and the growing frustration at the situation I felt. It just wasn't funny, it was depressing.

That said it did have Homer getting caught in the fountain, which is probably one of the best visual gags in the season.
>>
>>81580857
Bart does EVERYTHING for the sake of doing it. When he was born he grabbed a lighter and set Homer's tie on fire.
>>
What is Zombie simpsons? Is it a Halloween episode?

And the worst thing he did, at least as far as I'm concerned is steal Bonestorm. Christ that episode made me feel so guilty for stealing from the pick-n-mix as a child and I resolved never to take anything ever again.
>>
>>81577440
Your cousin's a little bitch.
>>
>>81577019
Lisa deserved it.

Who thinks they can babysit someone older than they are? It doesn't matter how mature she is, older children are bigger, stronger, more experienced and able to do more things. Hell, older children go to bed later.

The only way a child could be babysat by a younger child was if they were totally obedient and calm, in which case they can probably babysit themselves.
>>
>>81577311

Bart spends his entire like being irresponsible, and knowingly irresponsible, then feels justified in being bitchy over his parents' evaluating of his irresponsibility?

No, he was a little asshole in this episode.
>>
itt: lisa apologists
>>
The bird killing is the only thing he ever did that was truly "bad" in the non-zombie era, which is why Marge reacted the way she did.
>>
>>81593810
This. The ep was fine.
>>
>>81577311
Agreed. First of all, it's a dick move by his parents to have Lisa babysit her two year older brother. They should know the kind of resentment this would cause.
Second, Bart is known to terrorize babysitters to the point where they end up in mental institutions, and his parents know this.
The best thing would have been to let them stay home alone, with no babysitter, because then Bart wouldn't have a reason to mess with Lisa.

But then you wouldn't have much of a plot.

As far as the worst things he's done, there is rarely any malice behind it, so it's hard to find something genuinely bad. They're usually just pranks gone wrong. And I'm not counting the later seasons, where he's become an insane parody of himself, and shoots down a satelite with a tank or steals a bulldozer to tip over the Springfield sign.

I guess how he always destroys Lisa's projects would be the worst, because he's willingly doing it to his own sister and knows how much it hurts her. I mean, he destroyed her centerpiece, her roided up tomato and her sax. On the other hand, Lisa can be a real bitch as well.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.