[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbing of Age- Home Alone edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: Joyce's face went babel fish.png (349 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
Joyce's face went babel fish.png
349 KB, 1000x333
Is it really breaking and entering if it's your own house?
>>
>>81576655
Good.No honestly. If the series can take a break from being preachy and just have fun with these characters again, this'll be less painful.
>>
>>81576655
goddamnit Willis, stop. Just stop with this Becky bullshit. Or at least let them all get caught and spend the night in lock up or something
>>
>>81576821
Her yard will have a "Vote Trump" sign on it even though this is only a month into a story that took place six years ago.
>>
>>81576655
And why can't they just call the cops to let them in?'

Oh yeah, the world hates them and there is no logic.
>>
>>81576655
Well you would probably need to present clear ID that it is in fact yours.

They won't have an ID for Becky unless they complete the break-in.
>>
>>81576860
she has her student ID from the college she ran away from. That'll have her name and picture on it at least
>>
>>81576854
Yeah but then they'd ask where she was living, you know like any competent police officer would, and then she'd have to move out of the college and into a center of some kind where she can get actual help instead of this Scooby Doo bullshit.
>>
>>81576655
Why is the trap enabling the dyke?

Joyce should just abandon everybody in her goddamn family, red-headed step-child included.
>>
>>81577032
She can come live with meeeee~
>>
>>81576655
the fuck is going on with these noseholes?
>>
>>81577032
Better question; How come Josh never asked how Joyce was doing? She's been through the fucking ringer recently but all he's done is high five Becky for being gay and guilt trip Joyce into putting up with Becky for the end of time.
>>
>>81577159
Joyce? Who the fuck cares about Joyce? It's like you're not realizing that this comic is called WHERE'S BECKY? or something
>>
>>81576854
>>81576860
>>81576898
Becky isn't the owner of the house. Her dad owns the house. To get permission to enter the house they'd need either permission from Toedad or a judge. Granted, the cops might just look the other way if they find her breaking into the house considering all that's went down. The real question is why she doesn't have a key to the house in the first place.

Ten bucks says the breaking and entering storyline ends with a key hidden under a doormat or something after weeks of dragging out. We're at a point where Willis usually switches focus, after all.
>>
>>81576854
This should've all been dealt with when the police were detaining Ross and questioning Becky.

Cop (C) and Becky (B)
>C: So, you're his daughter?
>B: Yes.
>C:Well are you over the age of majority?
>B: What's that?
>C:... Are you over 18?
>B: I turned 18 [insert last birthday here]
>C:We'll need proof of that to let you out of our custody. Do you have any identification?
>B: None, my Dad has all that stuff locked up in the house.
>C:Well, we need to confirm your age before we just let you go on your own, and you're going to need your documents, anyway. We'll have a state trooper take you to your residence as listed on Ross' driver's license, since he has admitted to being your father.

Police can't just leave kids to fend for themselves, and we all know cops are always on everyone's ass for identification. There's no way some form of that conversation didn't happen. Absolutely no hijinks should be required.
>>
>>81577159
It's because the story isn't about Joyce anymore. She's just a combination white knight for Becky and comic relief that reacts to the antics of Becky.

If this were a gaming webcomic, she'd be the sole female character who inevitably becomes a love interest for the protagonist (in this case, Becky) and who suffers a miscarriage.

>>81577348
It's amazing how little detail was actually given in regards to police questioning. Apparently Toedad is going directly to jail without a trial, too.
>>
>>81577348
I doubt Willis knows that. By all accounts neither Becky, Joyce, nor Dina have spoken with the police. Shit, the police should actually be looking for Amazi-Girl, as she's a material witness to an attempted kidnapping.
>>
>>81577348
No see, this comic is really down to Earth, but also Willis can't just be expected to look up actual fucking police procedures for a fucking school shooting and car chase.

Also when Becky visited her dad in the hospital, one of the cops said she was better off without him.

So basically Willis is trying to make everyone retarded in hopes that we don't question things too much.
>>
File: NightVale.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NightVale.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>81576853
>It will always be 2010
>It will always be Freshman Year

Time just doesn't work like it should in Night V*coughcough* Indiana.
>>
Meanwhile on "The Last Halloween"

Things are better than fucking this
>>
File: 2015-11-15-hi[1].png (243 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-15-hi[1].png
243 KB, 1000x333
>>81577481
Nah, they definitely interacted with the police, Willis just glossed over it completely.
>>
This comic was actually worth reading for the lols before this red-headed abomination showed up.
>>
>>81577559
>"You're free to do whatever it is you want! Become whoever you want to be!"
>"I don't have any money, my mom's dead, my dad's going to jail, and I got kicked out of my college for making out with another girl."
>"...Hey at least you got a happy ending right?"
>"....Right?"
>>
>>81577348

Do you really think Willis knows anything about cops beyond "they're thugs and kill innocent black people"?
>>
>>81577698
That's why he made the only cop that Becky talked to black so that people wouldn't jump down his throat.
>>
>>81577698
>>81577724
He should have that cop as a recurring character, showing up occasionally to give the white people homespun, salt-of-the-earth advice about their problems and beat the shit out of Sarah.
>>
>>81577641
I never understood how Willis harped about Becky having a happy ending. Sure, she wasn't forced to pray the gay away camp or shot by her dad, but her situation is pretty fucking dire.
>>
Take one out of a franchise.

Felicity from Arrow or Becky from DoA?
>>
>>81579547
Becky, hands down
>>
>>81576853
the story is always set in the current year

that doesnt mean the current MONTH though, but that hasnt stopped him from references that shouldnt exist when its still october
>>
>>81576655
10 bucks says they bumble around trying to break into the house for a couple strips and then 1 of them finds the spare key in a fake rock. Probably after they pick it up to smash the window
>>
>>81579547
Neither, the real choice is Guggenheim or Willis.
>>
>>81579658
Willis isn't tainting decades-old characters with his shit adaptations.

So. Yknow. Fuck Guggles.
>>
I stopped reading for a few months. We're STILL on all this Becky shit? This shit has been going on for a fucking YEAR.
>>
>>81579658
I'm not famililar with those two. Who are they?

>>81579806
It's Becky's webcomic, anon.
>>
>>81579818
Guggenheim is a producer on Arrow and seen as primarily responsible for the decline in quality over the past two seasons. Willis is the author of the webcomic that is the topic of this thread.
>>
>>81576655
thanks for making the op right desu
>>
>>81576655
>panel 5
>oh shit i didn't think of that
>>
>>81576655
why does every face Becky makes looks like it's melting
>>
those noses are awful
looks like they all have a single nostril

the last panel looks like random lines and dots
>>
>>81577316
the lack of housekey isn't really that odd I don't think. I lived in the same house from birth to age 19 and I never had a key
>>
File: Funky Winkerbean 2000-07-27.gif (138 KB, 900x285) Image search: [Google]
Funky Winkerbean 2000-07-27.gif
138 KB, 900x285
Shortpacked's Becky vs Funky Winkerbean's Becky. Who wins?
>>
>>81580204
Shit, I mean Dumbing of Age, not Shortpacked.
>>
>>81576853
Sliding Time Scale, anon.
If you can't wrap your head around it, you really shouldn't be on /co/.
>>
>>81579641
>Probably after they pick it up to smash the window
That's actually a pretty good setup
>>
>>81580204
Funky Winkerbean just depresses both into suicide
>>
>>81580448
Nah, Becky from FW lost her arm after high school, had a husband who was believed dead by the army (twice) and gets stressed out on a regular basis as a high school band teacher, I think she's past the point of being suicidal.
>>
>>81579415
It'll all work out in the end thanks to magic lesbian power.
>>
>>81581264
Except for Dina, who will be cast aside because neurodivergent minority lesbians don't matter.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.