[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zatanna Paul Dini
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: niZxiGW.png (72 KB, 633x531) Image search: [Google]
niZxiGW.png
72 KB, 633x531
Thoughts?
>>
File: Zatanna-Bruce-Timm-2.jpg (135 KB, 622x860) Image search: [Google]
Zatanna-Bruce-Timm-2.jpg
135 KB, 622x860
Come on /co/, get excited!
>>
He already did a 12-issue run. I dunno, I think that's good enough for me
Besides he needs to write a second run of Harley & Ivy or Gotham City Sirens
>>
>>81575894
It'd be cool. I wonder how he'd salvage New 52 Zatanna?
>>
>>81575894
Eh. His last book with Zee wasn't much.
>>
>>81575894
OH BOYOBOY MORE WAIFUFAGGING
Fuck no, I've got enough from that fat fuck Bendis.
>>
File: 1436684459649.png (1 MB, 1024x2210) Image search: [Google]
1436684459649.png
1 MB, 1024x2210
>>81576133
>12 issues that came out like six years ago is enough to satisfy you
How?
Zee is in desperate need to star in her own run an he's the perfect guy.
>>81576186
Agreed, but that was just a weird one off thing and it still wasn't bad.
>>
>>81576218
It's not like Zatanna is THE character that need salvation. His 12-issue run is good enough for a character like Zatanna, like I said, he's better doing a second revival of Harley & Ivy or Gotham City Sirens
>>
>>81576269
How about Zee run first, then whatever you want anon.
>>
>Another series of Paul Dini rubbing the fact that he married his waifu in our faces.
>>
File: tumblr_mmb2y2cykk1s9i6o0o1_500.jpg (96 KB, 464x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmb2y2cykk1s9i6o0o1_500.jpg
96 KB, 464x640
>>81576269
>His 12-issue run is good enough for a character like Zatanna

She deserves that quality of run AT LEAST once every 2-3 years.
>>
>>81576269
>what we need is more Harley

I think I hate you.
>>
>>81576447
What we need is good quality Harley, not what we have today. I know it can sound bad with the state of Harley appearances in various DC books, but with the kind of Harley quality that Dini brings in it won't be bad
>>
>>81576513
You're never getting that Harley back.
Current one is way too popular
>>
>>81576535
And you never are going to get that Zatanna back, but it doesn't stop you from wanting it, so it won't stop me
>>
>>81576619
Difference is Harley has never been a decent character. Literal walking meme for cocksuckers like you to whinge about to your tranny girlfriend's son while he pounds your ass.
>>
> Natalia avatar
>>
>>81576723
oh snap
>>
>>81576723
Good meme. It got me a laugh, especially the girlfriend's son part
>>
>>81576755
who?
>>
>>81576757
Yeah, he got me good
>>
>>81576723
I don't think your post has enough memes; maybe throw in something about Bane or a frog. As it stands it's maybe 6/10 bait at best.
>>
I liked the solo, even though the reboot meant that none of the plot points got resolved.

Mikey is the best.
>>
What ever they do
I hope they make her the spunky girl like she used to and not that fucking melodramatic emo in JL Dark
>>
>>81576619
It's far, far more likely to see a Zatanna book from Dini versus any other kind of shift back to old form Harley.

Zatanna's not a hugely popular character, so DC is more willing to let writers do different things.
>>
>>81577614
I am so glad the JLD replacement for DCYOU got canned before release.

Her appearances in the Bizarro mini were nice.
>>
>>81577637
I think the same applies to Zatanna, sure she is a minor character but DC spend months molding her in JL Dark and other comics after it to let Dini make Zatanna came back as the old one.
>>
>>81577924
The difference is that nobody cares about JL Dark, while modern Harley is HUGELY popular.
>>
>>81576838
I'm tired and was in a hurry. Sorry to disappoint.
>>
>>81578023
And the most beloved is Injustice Harley, not the N52 one
>>
>>81578117
How do you figure?
New 52 one has her solo, a bunch of minis and one-shots, and is practically the main selling point of Suicide Squad.
>>
>>81577924
Harley's fanbase is pretty freaking big, dude. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who are going to see Suicide Squad are doing it for her. As far as the Harley we used to know, she's going to be relegated to very small, specified projects now. Very unlikely to see much of a change there.

Regardless, I don't think people are saying that Dini would somehow be able to bring Zatanna back to her original continuity, something that most people have demanded for other characters before her. He could still do a pretty good job with a solo run, if DC would be willing to give him the slot.
>>
>>81578221
Because casuals keep citing her as an example of female empowerment. Hell if you read most of what casuals like about Harley you are going to see that the majority of it came from Injustice. And Harley being popular will not stop DC from changing her. Batman is house-hold name, so is Superman and that didn't stop DC from making changes to them (Bat-Gordon, Depowered Superman, Clatk having with identity revealed). Sure it was momentarly but it happened.
>>
>>81578333
Yeah but I am not asking for a change of costume or anything like that, I am just asking for Dini to bring that Harley quality back. Hell he could do it in a OGN and I'll be happy
>>
>>81578117
The most beloved Harley is by far Arkham Harley. Casuals do not give two shits about a comic tie-in to a game, they like the Harley that they've played through 3 games with.
>>
>>81578504
Nah man. Injustice Harley. Cosplayers like Arkham Harley since is the easiest to cosplay. But casuals like Injustice Harley for showing female empowerment. Look it up.
>>
>>81578664
Look it up? Where? Your ass where you're pulling this out of?
>>
>>81578693
Tumblr, Twitter. It's not something new you know. Examples:
Harley out-smarting Lobo
Harley kicking Lobo through a wall
Harley not fighting a pregnant Dinah
Harley role in the Insurgency

I'll give you links but I am ony phone
>>
>>81578769
*on my
>>
>>81575894
Dini has some fucking skeletons in his closet man.
Like, weird sexual assault/into baby diapers shit.
I used to know a girl he was stalking
>>
>>81578823
I'm into crazy shit too, so that only makes me like him more.
>>
>>81578769
I'm not seeing your point at all. Since some random chucklefucks post images from Injustice that makes that the most popular version? So what about all the non-Injusitce pictures? Are they moot?
>>
>>81578854
I am saying the REASONS they like her. Sure the solo pages are most posted since it's popular and look nice, but if you asked them the reasons why they like her I assure you they will tell you more about Injustice than any other shit
>>
>>81578919
I'm sure they wouldn't cite any comic.
>>
File: Russias greatest love machine.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
Russias greatest love machine.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>81576793
Russia's famous love machine, of course!
>>
>>81578941
Yeah I know but they will tell you this
>>81578769
As the reasons why they like Harley
>>
>>81579073
So beating up Lobo is why they like the character. Right.
>>
A really long time ago I asked Slott on twitter what he thought of Dini writing Spider-Man
I still think it's a fantastic

I used to talk to Slott back when I thought he was cool
I don't anymore
>>
>>81578769
>Harley out-smarting Lobo
>Harley kicking Lobo through a wall
1.Lobo is not fucking serious
2. Lobo gets BTFO but no-names constantly
3. Lobo's fighting style is "Me take hit, lol blood everywhere!"
4. Humor characters are funny, that injustice run was top-fucking-tier. Eat a dick.
>>
>>81576269
>he's better doing a second revival of Harley & Ivy or Gotham City Sirens
I would really like a new Sirens book, only this time I'd like him to stay on longer than 12 issues or at least, when he leaves, give the book to someone who's not going to turn it into shit.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.