[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idw Transformers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 131
File: 54366.png (235 KB, 407x242) Image search: [Google]
54366.png
235 KB, 407x242
Optimus has takens earth by force, Megatron is trying to be a good guy, and Starscream is starting to stress under pressure as leader of Cybertron. Will IDW keep this up or eventually go back to the status quo?
>>
>>81570644
if the comic sells, I don't see why they wouldn't keep it.
>>
File: 52698599_p3_master1200.jpg (253 KB, 590x820) Image search: [Google]
52698599_p3_master1200.jpg
253 KB, 590x820
As long as TC continues obsessing with this shitty sitcom scripts and pet dog, it's all good.
>>
File: 2-2.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
2-2.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
Three-page preview for exRiD #52 is out.

Blackrock's gone full Cybertronian.
>>
File: 3-2.jpg (107 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
3-2.jpg
107 KB, 720x960
>>81573080
Something looks different about Ramondelli's art.
>>
File: 4-2.jpg (104 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
4-2.jpg
104 KB, 720x960
>>81573094
>>
>>81573080
>>81573094
>>81573114
It looks more comprehensible. Weird.
>>
Should I be worried about MTMTE getting cancelled anytime soon? These last few issues have worried me with some of the editor/creator comments and stuff.
>>
File: mtmte51.jpg (17 KB, 253x402) Image search: [Google]
mtmte51.jpg
17 KB, 253x402
>>81575350
>Should I be worried about MTMTE getting cancelled anytime soon?

No. It's still making good sales.
>>
>>81573080
>>81573094
>>81573114
The art looks better?
The faces and bodies in general seemed to have improved. I don't know how to feel about this but it's nice to see Ramondelli doing something nice.
>>
>>81575350
It's been hitting the top ten sales lists on comixology regularly lately like in >>81576138
What comments had you worried?
>>
File: Prime arrives.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Prime arrives.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>
File: Dinobots.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Dinobots.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>
File: Retreat.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Retreat.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>
File: Transformation.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Transformation.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>
File: Battle of autobot city.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Battle of autobot city.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>
>>81579479
>Activate the defenses!
>Entire transforms
>Into a shitload of giant guns

Transformers is the greatest
>>
So which ones would want Megatron's innermost energon?
>>
File: Bruticus unloads.webm (2 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bruticus unloads.webm
2 MB, 1080x1080
>>
>>81579564
Tarn most likely.

>>81579479
I forgot how great the animation was in this.
>>
>>81570644
>Optimus has takens earth by force

Has he?

He hasn't DONE anything besides saying the Earth is now under his protection. He hasn't raided cities or captured world leaders, all he's been doing is trying to offer aid to Earth's problems while getting shot at.

Optimus hasn't taken anything.
>>
>>81581092
But it would mean that he would take special matters into his own hands without discussing it with the UN or any dept. of international affairs.
>>
>>81570644
Well wasn't there a comic set years later where Ironhide told a younger bot that if Megatron were ever to come back and start shit up again then Optimus would come back and smack him down again? I guess that'd imply that Megs will regqin his position. Of course I forget how canon it was.
>>
>>81581462
>special matters

Like what? Humanity as a whole doesn't seem interested in anything besides shooting Autobots.

Besides Optimus comes off as the sort to talk with them before doing anything.
>>
>>81581529
Like maybe him trying to prevent WW3, which results in WW3, or liberating NK which they underestimate the great leader's train of thought which has malfunctioning missiles prematurely fired and causes the whole country to be chernobyl, or if the earth does something horrible, they can easily blame it on the non-humans which will cause some agitation in Prime's team and vice versa like what Aileron tried to do at the white house.

It's like Murphy's law, where the humans in that are already distrusting of an alien race that fought in their planet in the past.
>>
>>81581615
Aileron has ruined everything, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>81581660
>Has

no anon.

*will keep on
>>
>>81581521
Spotlight: Ironhide, and that future is called into question by Dark Cybertron
>>
File: Pax_Cybertonia_Autobot_Youths.jpg (35 KB, 588x153) Image search: [Google]
Pax_Cybertonia_Autobot_Youths.jpg
35 KB, 588x153
>>81581785

I liked his future vision. I hope it isn't a total loss.
>>
>>81575350
I hope so.
>>
>>81573080
Its that shitty sketch we saw awhile back! Hiding that awful cannon perspective with a speech bubble, for shame.
>>
>>81575350
Roberts has said things will be changing in season 3 but nobody knows if that means a change to the status quo of the story or a change to the actual publication.
>>
>>81573223
>>81579249
I think the colors are brighter than usual. Everything isn't getting lost in the muddy background now. The texturing could still use some toning down, though.
>>
File: p6ers plus tarny.jpg (126 KB, 650x422) Image search: [Google]
p6ers plus tarny.jpg
126 KB, 650x422
>build a group of world destroyers
>one whored himself out to autobots
>another almost joins another group because you neglect him
>the last one entered his rebel phase because daddy issues
>and the guy that can keep them in check now wants you dead because you're a deadbeat
good going megs
>>
>>81587915
Megatron is a bad daddy. Don't forget how he treated Starscream, too.
>>
This all just screams of bad fanfiction, I wish I could get into it but I just can't
>>
>>81588051
Then move on to something else you might like.
>>
File: nova prime by dcjosh.jpg (526 KB, 776x1200) Image search: [Google]
nova prime by dcjosh.jpg
526 KB, 776x1200
>All Hail Optimus
Good, good.

>>81588051
IDWverse? Just think of it as an alternate take of G1 or a G1 AU.
You may also try Animated Movie comic, Mars Attack vs TF, Heart of Steel series, or Deviations if you like, they aren't tied to each other or the currently running series.
>>
>>81588275
>Animated Movie
Worst fanfic ever, hack writers killed most of the actual characters and added Rodimus Prime a.k.a. the most blatant Gary Stu ever.
>>
>>81581529
>Besides Optimus comes off as the sort to talk with them before doing anything.
That reminds me
>Optimus wanted to talk, that's his weakness
>He can kill us, but he won't
Fuck you Spike
>>
>>81588114
I like Transformers. I love Transformers ever since I was a kid, I still watch all the shows and collect the figures. My point is that as a huge Transformers fan I wish the comics actually seemed good enough to get into, since I read comics as well it would be pretty awesome if a good Transformers comic came out but whenever I hear about the stories in these IDW comics it just screams deviantart tier

>>81588275
Maybe could look into those
>>
>>81588393
You'll love Deviations.
>>
>>81573080

Blackrock looks like fucking C3PO
>>
Starscream best boy.
>>
>>81588435
The comics are good. They're a much more constructed take on the characters than most of the shows have presented. If the plot twists and alternate continuities bother you, don't read them. But to me it's no worse than e.g. Armada Starscream

It depends whether you have separate out different canons or if you have one, uh, holy canon that everything should adhere to I guess.
>>
>>81588435
>whenever I hear about the stories in these IDW comics it just screams deviantart tier
you're thinking of funpub comics
the closest you can get to that is spotlight drift.
at worst for each idw phases, -ations were slow (except revelations, it was rushed), ahm was inconsistent, drift mini was generic, costa ongoing was stale and wonky, rid was sometimes bland sometimes hamfisted, mtmte is self-indulgent, windblade mini was boring, -acy series were ooc at times, and both combiner wars and dark cybertron was forced af

other than that they're fine (except ironhide, bumblebee, drift mini 2 and windblade mini 2, haven't read them)
>>
>>81588435

Read the IDW Collections starting with vol. 1. The only reason the current stuff reads lie fanfiction is because they already went through all of the generic Autobots VS Decepticons War storyline years ago and then had to do new stuff that built on the fallout from it.
>>
>>81583728

well after they finish the whole DJD issue, they've been abandoned by numerous of their own crewmates.

Season 3 is probably the Lost Light getting a new ship, catching up to the Lost Light and the usual space adventures in between eventually the season finale is them taking their ship back.

That's what I think is the next season endgame.
>>
>>81588729
>It depends whether you have separate out different canons or if you have one, uh, holy canon that everything should adhere to I guess.
Being a long time TF fan basically means accepting different canons and alt universes. I'm used to that considering I've been following it since G1 when I was a wee pissbaby and to the current day. What bothers me is crap like "Autobot Megatron", gay robots, and other silly things.

>>81588806
>Read the IDW Collections starting with vol. 1
I started a while back, but I became disheartened in even continuing to read when I saw what it was all leading up to

>The only reason the current stuff reads lie fanfiction is because they already went through all of the generic Autobots VS Decepticons War storyline years ago and then had to do new stuff that built on the fallout from it.
Well why don't they just reboot it then, Transformers is not shy to concluding a story line
>>
>>81589191
>Well why don't they just reboot it then

They'll probably circle back around to full on war at some point.
>>
>>81589232

or they'll do a Flashpoint esque event with Unicron and then the whole universe gets re-written which will have lots of mixed feelings on this new direction.

that's what i think will happen in 2020 or so.
>>
>>81579516
Seriously, how the Autobots thought that to build a city in the open field was a good idea in the middle of a intergalactic war?
>>
>>81589405
It turns into a giant robot. Putting it on a mountain would make transformation difficult.
>>
>>81581785
>>81582091
>>81581521
>Revelation mentioned Gorlam Prime rebuilding a future for micromaster TFs
>one of Costa ongoing issues showed a future where Gorlam Prime prospered
>Dark Cybertron proceed to ate Gorlam Prime
why
>>
>>81589581
Shockwave's influence. He was compressing the universe into a singularity. It caused events which "should" have happened to no longer do so, as his influence extended. He made it possible for Gorlam to die. He allowed Megatron to reconsider.
>>
>>81589581
>Revelation mentioned Gorlam Prime rebuilding a future for micromaster TFs
You forgot that was already undone by Heart of Darkness. D-Void ate the planet's population.
>>
>>81573080
>>81573094
>>81573114
>Ramondelli is back
nope
>>
>>81570644
king starscream? i hope it stays this way forever
>>
>>81573094
So I'm a bit behind but has Starscream completely lost it or something? Or is there more to this whole talking-to-Bumblebee thing? Cuz he seems remarkably chill about chatting with a "ghost" that no one else can see.
>>
>>81590568
It's been going on for a long while with no explanation what's going on. Maybe he's completely nuts, maybe Bee's chatting to him from another dimension, who knows. We don't even know if Starscream is the only one who can see Bee. It's just assumed so, since Starscream is usually alone when he is talking to him.
>>
>>81590779
>with no explanation what's going on
he's cracking under the pressure
>>
File: no slag.jpg (65 KB, 585x333) Image search: [Google]
no slag.jpg
65 KB, 585x333
>>81590823
Wonder what will it take to make him snap
>>
>>81591471
He already has. /That's the whole point of ghost bumblebee./
>>
>>81591500
maybe it's really Bumblebee's ghost?
hey, in G1 Starscream himself used to be a ghost for quite a while
>>
File: 3d glasses.jpg (10 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
3d glasses.jpg
10 KB, 250x222
>>81590779
hes crazy to? oh my god best star scream ever.

>>81591500
most of the time star scream snaps upon attaining the dreamed of authority and the shit hits the fan.

but this time hes in power, hes there it happened. this will be a legendary cluster fuck for the ages
>>
>>81590779
>We don't even know if Starscream is the only one who can see Bee.
Of course he fucking is. They even talked in #33 about how Starscream's been talking to himself.
>>
Well seeing as it hasn't been the status quo since what? 2009? I think we're past the regular Decepticon/Autobot Conflict.

What I'm waiting for is the debut of technorganic character. We have Beast Era characters, why not go all the way? Even Transformers Animated had them.
>>
>>81591913
We have those

Sins of the Wreckers

The Chimeracons

also, the Transformers Animated ones sucked ass, let's leave them out of the discussion please
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>81591769
>Bublebee's ghost?
Impossible. Not enough glitter.
>>
>>81591998
You preferred the Beast Machine ones? Do you like crack?
>>
File: 300px-Starscream_ghost_BW.jpg (25 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
300px-Starscream_ghost_BW.jpg
25 KB, 300x223
>>81592013
starscreams always dead, crazy or scheming to kill megatron.

except that one time he had the noble honor code of a samurai warrior
>>
>>81592034
Beast MAchines wasn't even mentioned at all up til this point.

I don't see why you'd make that logical leap
>>
>>81591904
At least one of those instances was him talking to a comm device and usually the others just listen outside the room, they are not beside him when Starscream is talking to himself. There hasn't been many opportunities for others to even try seeing Bee. It still could go either way: Starscream is nuts or Bee's ghost is actually talking to him from another dimension.
>>
>>81592384
>Bee's ghost is actually talking to him from another dimension.
Dead Universe?
Bee Universe?
>>
>>81589405
Because you can see for miles around? You could literally map out the surrounding area for bombardment at a moments notice.
>>
What are the chances Bee get revived in the comics in time for his movie ?
>>
>>81591500
He cracked. He didn't snap. So what's gonna finish the job? He fulfills his Chosen One duties, saves everyone, and the populace calls out for his death?
>>
File: Throttlebots_IDW_Assemble.jpg (104 KB, 592x743) Image search: [Google]
Throttlebots_IDW_Assemble.jpg
104 KB, 592x743
>>81593229
Same percentage with Nightbeat and Rewind.
Besides, Goldbug is still around.
>>
>>81593261
>So what's gonna finish the job?
Windblade?
>>
>>81592384
No, Wheeljack watched Starscream as he was talking to himself and said he couldn't pick up any comm signals. Rattrap and Windblade both talked about how he frequently did this. The second time in that issue was when he was talking to Scoop. Arcee eavesdropped on Starscream talking to himself another time, and thought he was nuts. She also literally called Starscream screwed up in a same panel as when Bumblebee was talking, because she thought he was talking to himself.

Please go back and reread the comics before making these kinds of claims.
>>
>>81594022
Don't forget Starscream is actually loved by the populace. Not including the bots and cons because they are the minority of Cybertron. Windblade would need a good reason to run Starscream through and get away with it. If it happens I'm hoping his spark is immortal though.
>>
>>81593116
He's inside the black hole on Cybertron along with whoever the "black angel" that talks to Blackrock is.
>>
File: 22.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81594258
Uh, yes? Nothing you said contradicts what I wrote.
>usually the others just listen outside the room
>There hasn't been many opportunities for others to even try seeing Bee

And later in the same issue, after Wheeljack says that he doesn't pick up comm signals and we are not shown Bee, Starscream is shown talking to someone else over a comm device in exactly the same circumstances. So not all of those times that the others have seen him ranting have necessarily been about Bee.

Besides, Windblade, Rattrap and Arcee weren't close to Bee, so it's not like they would necessarily even see him, unlike some bots that knew him better.
>>
File: dadmegs.png (1 MB, 1015x787) Image search: [Google]
dadmegs.png
1 MB, 1015x787
>>81587915
actual shit parent megatron
>>
>>81594618
>Not including the bots and cons
When was the last time we saw a NAIL other than Skybyte?
>>
>>81595056
It's been awhile. But it was officially stated that NAILs outnumbered the warriors by a decent amount. Of course that's also probably a bit muddled now with the additions to the council and Windblade deciding she's going to recruit worlds on her own, forcing Starscream to do the same. Plus groups like Elita's.
>>
>>81594950
When things went bad, he ditched his old family and got himself a new one. Nice going, Megs.
>>
>>81594823
Pretty huge leap in logic there, anon. That was obviously Onyx Prime, and Blackrock doesn't talk to him, he just had a memory of being visited by him as a child. Which we now know is false and that Blackrock was created by Onyx.
>>
>>81594863
>And later in the same issue, after Wheeljack says that he doesn't pick up comm signals and we are not shown Bee, Starscream is shown talking to someone else over a comm device in exactly the same circumstances.
Except it's not "exactly the same circumstances," as Wheeljack doesn't check for comm signals this time. Starscream was very obviously talking to Bumblebee the first time, that whole scene was foreshadowing, and Wheeljack still couldn't see him despite being very close to Bee (certainly more than fucking Starscream)

Also, my point was "there hasn't been many opportunities for others to even try seeing Bee" is wrong. Wheeljack interrupted him once, Arcee was spying on Starscream as he was talking to Bee at least twice, Rattrap has interrupted Starscream's conversations with Bumblebee several times... more people have had many opportunities to see Bee than haven't.
>>
>>81595424
No, it was Shockwave. Shockwave is still alive. Shockwave can't be dead.
>>
>>81595720
But is power of friendship Shockwave worth bringing back ?
>>
>>81595823
Yes, even when Shockwave was capable of having friends he was still plotting to overthrow the government.
>>
What next?
You guys'll tell me that Hardhead, Jhiaxus, Thunderwing, Dai Atlas, Scrapper, Swindle, Metalhawk, Pharma, the Ultra Magnus, Roller, Hunter and Wheelie's alien friend from his spotlight are still alive?
>>
>>81589191
Wow you sound like a massive elitist faggot. Good luck anon, you will never be happy with any of the comics the way you describe yourself.
>>
>>81595997
>You guys'll tell me that Hardhead, Jhiaxus, Thunderwing, Dai Atlas, Scrapper, Swindle, Metalhawk, Pharma, the Ultra Magnus, Roller, Hunter and Wheelie's alien friend from his spotlight are still alive?

>Hardhead

Dead Universe'd when last we saw him.

>Jhiaxus, Thunderwing

Can't die.

>Dai Atlas

Did he die sometime after the Drift mini or something?

>Scrapper

Dead as a doornail.

>Swindle

Will somehow come back to life obviously.

>Roller

He's Tarn so he'll die whenever Megs snaps and kills him.
>>
>>81596186
>>Dai Atlas
>Did he die sometime after the Drift mini or something?
Killed by Star Saber
>>
>>81596186
>Did he die sometime after the Drift mini or something?
he got Star Saber'd
Shame really, I'd love to see Dai Atlas and Star Saber paladin power hour
>>
File: 17.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81595697
I think the scene with Wheeljack was left ambiguous on purpose, since both times Starscream is in the same position. Where would Bee even be here, outside the window, even though he is usually standing somewhere like a normal person?
>>
>>81596186
>Can't die.
Jhiaxus literally did when Starscream stabbed him. The Dead Universe isn't around anymore to resurrect him or any of the others.
>>
>>81596428
I still half expect it to be Shockwave doing something using Bee as a courier to try and communicate outside of the singularity.
>>
Can anyone explain what the connection between Alpha Trion and Galvatron is?
>>
>>81596769

Both are from the original 13 Primes.
>>
>>81596428
It wasn't ambiguous, though: Wheeljack could not detect any comm signal. It was foreshadowing so that the scene with Bumblebee in #44 wouldn't come out of nowhere. Regardless, Bumblebee could easily be beside/behind Starscream in that scene, it's not like Starscream hasn't said stuff to him before without looking directly at him.

Also, there's no blue glow in front of Starscream there like when he's talking to Scoop later.
>>
>>81579479
>entire city transforms into a fortress of guns
>we don't actually see the guns
>>
>>81596856
Trion is, Galvatron isn't. They're just both from the 13 Primes' era and worked together.
>>
>>81589405
It was supposed to be an Energon mining facility, Devastator, Megatron and the others are trying to open a hole in it so they can destroy the Energon inside, of course, the film doesn't tell you this
>>
>>81588393
>Rodimus
>a Gary-Stu
he was the least gary-stu character I've ever seen to suddenly get the spotlight in a while
>>
File: Transformers 044-020.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Transformers 044-020.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81596882
Sure, he has talked to other direction, but when he starts shouting it's just natural to face the other party.

The difference in color is probably just up to the difference between daytime and nighttime.
>>
>>81596934
What were they doing together? I remember Alpha Trion visiting Galvatron in that flashback, but nothing else.
>>
>>81597372
Trion introduced him and Nova, and got them to team up to take over Cybertron.
>>
>>81583728
>Roberts has said things will be changing in season 3

Thank god. He needs someone to reign him in. Hopefully things don't get fucked up too bad but the comic has been fucking awful since Dark Cybertron
>>
>>81598060
>He needs someone to reign him in.
That would be Barber, blame him, that's his fucking job. He may have been overloaded with too many books but that's still his job.
>>
>>81598060
I hope there aren't any crossovers or events coming up soon. Those really fuck up the plot flow for a long while, especially if you have to start stalling for the next event right when you got back to speed after the last one.
>>
>>81598401
Maybe Barber will become better balanced now that he's no longer inhaling the shit Scioli is smoking.
>>
>>81598566
Titans Return is just right around the corner after the current arcs, anon.
>>
>>81598703
...well, crap.
>>
>>81598060

I just hope it doesn't mean he'll kill all the minor background characters.
>>
Rattrap should trick Wheeljack into killing Starscream.
>>
File: 1429141807234.jpg (2 MB, 3500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1429141807234.jpg
2 MB, 3500x3000
>>
>>81600342
whoever made this needs to kill themselves
>>
>>81600459
*whomever
>>
File: 1440974101793.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2048) Image search: [Google]
1440974101793.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2048
>>81600479

baka
>>
>>81600249
Rattrap does have to come up with new plans now that Prowl turned out to be useless for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>81596901
>we don't actually see the guns

That cause the Decepticons spent an entire day destroying them. Just before Prime lands, Megatron declares that they broke their defences and the slaughter can begin.
>>
File: TFMtmte7p19.jpg (241 KB, 600x944) Image search: [Google]
TFMtmte7p19.jpg
241 KB, 600x944
>>81591913
>>81591998
> technorganic
MTMTE might end up going in this direction with those weird experiments that's been hinted/speckled through out the series.
>>
Anybody got a scan of the BotCon comic?
>>
>>81591998
Blackrock, too. He's a Transformer whose alt-mode is a human.
>>
File: aliensmtmte51.jpg (687 KB, 837x824) Image search: [Google]
aliensmtmte51.jpg
687 KB, 837x824
>>81601091
Including all those organics that's being hoarded by the necrobot and shady cybertronian company.
>>
>>81601232
>wanting a scan of vomit-inducing fan wank
You enjoy inflicting pain on yourself?
>>
File: springload gun.jpg (18 KB, 679x615) Image search: [Google]
springload gun.jpg
18 KB, 679x615
>>81600342

>Causeway
>>
>>81601603
But it's drawn by Corin Howell! Everyone loved her work on post-CW Windblade!
>>
>>81602074
>Everyone
Wrong.
>>
I need a name for an Autobot that's basically a red version of Whirl but can transform into a lobster in addition to a helicopter. I could just use Whirl but I'm wondering if there's anything better-fitting.
>>
>>81602158
Spinclaw
>>
>>81602158
Newburg.
>>
>>81602158

Red Clobster.
>>
>>81602158
Rustacean
>>
>>81602035

I hate that fucking frog and his constant babbling about spirits and Doradus.
>>
File: 1455960695625.jpg (124 KB, 612x1008) Image search: [Google]
1455960695625.jpg
124 KB, 612x1008
>>
>>81602158

Zoidbot.
>>
File: 1447666866764.jpg (361 KB, 775x1169) Image search: [Google]
1447666866764.jpg
361 KB, 775x1169
ENERGON FOR THE ENERGON GOD

SPARKS FOR THE SPARK THRONE
>>
File: Botcon-201600013-1.jpg (140 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
Botcon-201600013-1.jpg
140 KB, 2048x1356
I d'awwwed.
>>
File: 618-0574564788.jpg (275 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
618-0574564788.jpg
275 KB, 600x450
>>81605958
>>
File: 781925.png (417 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
781925.png
417 KB, 500x594
>>81607815
I wasn't going to buy them before because I'm not a fan of the molds from the looks of them but fuck I kinda want them now; bravo whoever set this up.
>>
File: Rewindome.png (136 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
Rewindome.png
136 KB, 625x625
>>81607898
*whomever
>>
>>81601232
2nded
im a masochist.
>>
>>81607898

It was Hasbro. They got clever with the displays this year.

See also: Fort Max ripping a Sweep in half and another Sweep blasting Chromedome to pieces.
>>
File: 1457805816667.jpg (177 KB, 628x942) Image search: [Google]
1457805816667.jpg
177 KB, 628x942
>>81601603
Duh.
>>
File: Sweeps.jpg (100 KB, 783x1036) Image search: [Google]
Sweeps.jpg
100 KB, 783x1036
>>81608128
Another Sweep has one of the Torchbots in a suplex-like hold
>>
File: flobsters.jpg (25 KB, 300x193) Image search: [Google]
flobsters.jpg
25 KB, 300x193
>>81602158
My vote is for Rustacean. Or, y'know, Flobster.
>>
>>81602158

Droidberg.
>>
>>81608128
might you have pics for us or are you there and saw it?
>>
File: Botcon-201600020-1.jpg (197 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
Botcon-201600020-1.jpg
197 KB, 2048x1356
>>81608489

FORT MAX SMASH!
>>
>>81608489

Check the /toy/ Transformers thread. Theres a 'con going on so people are posting pics.
>>
File: Botcon-201600031-1.jpg (248 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
Botcon-201600031-1.jpg
248 KB, 2048x1356
>>81608626

No one tell Rewind.

The rest are here:
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/08/botcon-2016-hasbro-titans-return-display-images-312762
>>
>>81608626
>>81608627
>>81608651
thank you all
>>
File: mtmte written by james roberts.png (404 KB, 622x547) Image search: [Google]
mtmte written by james roberts.png
404 KB, 622x547
>>
>>81608746

There'll be more tomorrow too. People are hoping we finally get a look at Liokaiser.

Speaking of, Liokaiser in the IDW comic when? Surely if any of the members are dead, they can sub in someone else.
>>
>>81594863
>Starscream is shown talking to someone else over a comm device

Who is it? Huffer? Pipes?
>>
>>81611765
Scoop. He was the one that brought the Enigma of Combination to him.
>>
>>81611589
From the thumbnail I honestly thought it was some sort of deformed ass from Mass Effect's Tali.
>>
>>81608627
Oh, botcon is up?

Sweet.
>>
>>81612957

Yep. Nothing that new was shown yet though, at least for people keeping a close eye on /toy/ threads. Maybe tomorrow (today? Saturday, I mean).
>>
>>81613009
According to them there's a "steady decline" but that's because TFcon has more variety.
>>
File: PrimusHowHorrifying.jpg (6 KB, 157x240) Image search: [Google]
PrimusHowHorrifying.jpg
6 KB, 157x240
>>81613071

It's also the last time funpub is running things. And yeah, theres more variety in unofficial 'cons because they don't have strict anti-3P policies.

Also IDW did a lot of the supposedly bumfuck terrible funpub-lore based comic stuff this time or something? Much as some people dislike IDW, no one deserves to be forced to work on funpub shit.
>>
>>81613243
>Also IDW did a lot of the supposedly bumfuck terrible funpub-lore based comic stuff this time or something?
Really?
I thought IDW artists only in unpub comics as guests like Milne, Josh or Guidi, but never involve the IDW to work on those
>>
>>81613514

I meant the art, or so someone said. Maybe I misread it.
>>
shattered expectation is the only good funpun comic, terrible art aside
>>
>>81613676
It was just the art.
>>
>>81613514
This year's Botcon comic ("Dawn of the Predacus") has IDW's logo on the cover and is ostensibly set in continuity with The Gathering/The Ascending.
>>
>>81616597
Pete Sinclair?
>>
>>81608626
>be person setting up display
>break Astrotrain
>blame Fort Max
>also ends up resembling Optibotimus reviewing a figure
>>
>>81608626
>>81617888
quote from the /toy/ thread
>Wait, why is one of the shin guns attached to one of the shoulders?

>It probably broke off and they thought it would be cool to stick it up there. Pieces displayed at shows aren't always finished production pieces, so they're more prone to damage during transport and other oddities.
>If you'll notice looking through the gallery, the Fort Max in robot mode has blue hands, while the one in base mode has grey hands.
>>
File: Soundwave_Prime.jpg (56 KB, 550x811) Image search: [Google]
Soundwave_Prime.jpg
56 KB, 550x811
spoilers for the newest episode of RID to air in the UK

He's baaaaaaa~ack
>>
>>81618861
About time
But what can he bring to the table
>>
>>81587915
I'm casual reader, anyone mind to shed some light?
>>one whored himself out to autobots
Who?
>>another almost joins another group because you neglect him
Who?
>>the last one entered his rebel phase because daddy issues
Starscream?
>>and the guy that can keep them in check now wants you dead because you're a deadbeat
Pretty sure this one is Tarn.
>>
>>81619022
The first is Black Shadow, who forsook the Decepticon cause and destroyed a fleet of War Worlds, in pursuit of a higher cause. Half a billion shanix.

The second is Sixshot, who was chosen for recruitment by the Reapers, a group of living weapons whose skills ostracised them from their own kind, and caused them to join together. Sixshot's fanclub (The terrorcons) was enough to keep him loyal to the cons, rather than join them. Good thing too, as they went out like bitches.

The third is Overlord. Starscream's not a phase sixer, as he's constructed cold.
>>
>>81619086
Thanks for explaining. I didn't get that far yet, although I got to part where Sixshot joined Deathbringer and was turned off by Starscream.
>Starscream's not a phase sixer, as he's constructed cold.
I'm such casual.
>>
>>81619182
Ah, don't worry. If you didn't know about Blackshadow or Overlord, you wouldn't know about Starscream.
>>
>>81619492
I watched that cartoon as a kid, I mean who didn't. There are many comics, so I don't go fast through IDW Transformers. I do barge in random Transformers storytimes and spoil everything to me. Megatron as Autobot isn't one of thing I expected to see, desu.
>>
>>81619559
Yeah, there's been a lot of development in IDW which is somewhat different from expected.

>>81618861
Pity he didn't escape. Still even in his rusty state, he was a pretty damn impressive threat.
>>
File: soundwave rid.jpg (29 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
soundwave rid.jpg
29 KB, 600x347
So he's back apparently.
>>
>>81620352
Spoilers for the episode: Yes, but only the ep. At the end he gets trapped once again. Also, Laserbeak is with him as well.
>>
>>81620352
If Soundwave's back, what are the chances Megatron might return, as well?
>>
does anyone have a link for the latest RiD?
>>
>>81620665
usual youtube url and then: watch?v=7Ora-l0we6E
>>
>>81620719
thank you!
>>
>>81620719
Holy shit. I hate the Autobots so much. I want them to suffer.
>>
File: figurine.png (230 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
figurine.png
230 KB, 500x250
did Ratchet give the little figure to Drift?
>>
>>81620614

Shame really but whose not to say another Decepticon will do the ground bridge thing.

otherwise great episode.
>>
>>81620719
i really enjoyed this episode. probably one of the better ones this season.
>>
>>81620352
Soooo either the other dimension keeps things from aging or he survived a reeeaaallly long time with the lack of energon.
>>
>>81620352
Have they ever explained what happened to Shockwave after Predacons Rising?
>>
Wait. They knew where Megatron is in RiD2015 this whole time?
>>
File: 1396497746598.png (10 KB, 143x134) Image search: [Google]
1396497746598.png
10 KB, 143x134
>All those poor dirty sad looking enslaved Fixits.
>>
>>81622530
It was hinted he followed Megatron via the Nemesis but for some reason followed Bee back to earth. Nothing was known about him between the time.
>>
Will we ever see more Autobots?
>>
>>81624781
I think in this season of RiD we are going to see Rachet.
>>
File: 1448414854003.jpg (626 KB, 1280x894) Image search: [Google]
1448414854003.jpg
626 KB, 1280x894
reminder that this happened
>>
>>81624897
Thanks for reminding me that I own that comic.
>>
>>81624897
I fail to see a problem.
>>
>>81624897
Uh, Arcee lives with Rattrap, made him breakfast and drove him to work, got into a fight and fined for obstructing traffic, and then she made more food for Rattrap's office buddies?
>>
I wish Arcee would feed me her fat tranny dick.
>>
File: 1445151719870.jpg (360 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
1445151719870.jpg
360 KB, 800x1203
>there will never be a live action movie with G1 character design
>>
File: arcee...jpg (63 KB, 808x289) Image search: [Google]
arcee...jpg
63 KB, 808x289
>>81625153
like jhiaxus did?
>>
>>81624897
So tumblr gets triggered by this ?
>>
>>81622530
>>81623528

He said Shockwave not Soundwave.

Dunno about Shockwave, maybe he was tried as a war criminal or maybe he's elsewhere doing mad science shit with the Predacons I dunno.

I want to believe he created most of these Decepticons in the show or the new body types. can't be a coincidence they re-used the same chest design as his.

>>81624897

Honestly that's funny as fuck.

I want more cute funny Arcee.

>>81625557

of course they did. what doesn't trigger them?
>>
>>81625654
>of course they did. what doesn't trigger them?
Black female landwhales?
>>
File: 1437886012610.png (543 KB, 444x689) Image search: [Google]
1437886012610.png
543 KB, 444x689
>>
File: KingimusPrimeAndMegascream.jpg (97 KB, 538x401) Image search: [Google]
KingimusPrimeAndMegascream.jpg
97 KB, 538x401
>>81619559

Not the first time it's happened.
>>
>>81625557
Everyone gets triggered by it. Why else anon posted it here.
>>
File: GARceeSkeetSkeetSkeet.jpg (359 KB, 704x1964) Image search: [Google]
GARceeSkeetSkeetSkeet.jpg
359 KB, 704x1964
>>81625153
>>
>>81624897
Honest question. Does Japan have a very hard time finding attraction towards women that' doesn't look like little girls or shy maidens?
>>
>>81625557
Everyone was, even faggots on tfw.
>>
>>81626036

Ok i don't get triggered but I think it's a stupid unfunny forced meme.
>>
>>81626088
No duh. This is from /toy/
>>
>>81626043
Their population is in a huge decline, they arent even interested in real women at all anymore. The government is paying couples to actually have children but the young men of appropriate age are all waifufags and would rather sit in the dark watching their tv waifus. Shits hilarious.
>>
File: OVERLORDMAYBE.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
OVERLORDMAYBE.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
Also, for fans of the Phase Sixer's, there might be an Overlord toy coming. No promises thats actually what this is, for all we know it's Blitzwing or something, but the jet shape looks pretty Overlord-ish.

Hope he pops back up in the comics though. Same with Sixshot. Both of them were done so well.
>>
File: tyrest.png (1015 KB, 789x639) Image search: [Google]
tyrest.png
1015 KB, 789x639
>>81625943
There is something about bots in glorious capes I find sexy as fuck.
>>
>>81626144
Take it back to /toy/ then.
>>
>>81626152
Will it be a sexy overlord? Please say yes.
>>
>>81626150
> The government is paying couples to actually have children
I remember reading about this a few years back. It's not just young men being all waifufags but starting a family in Japan is pretty darn difficult. Jobs and obligations to the workforce/schooling makes it impossible.
>>
>>81626205

Who knows. Again, don't even know if thats Overlord up there. Just the jet shape looks like it could be.
>>
>>81626236
Sounds like their own economy is screwing them over in addition to the waifus then.
>tfw the US will be there soon enough
>>
>>81626278
>filename

Man. /toy/ must have such a massive hate boner for all things IDW.
>>
>>81625984
Because some people can't tell the difference between /co/ and /a/.
>>
>>81626278
Why do you tease us /toy/ anon? now I'll be thinking of this all day
>>
>>81626322
You cant so much as mention it without the autists all sperging out like epileptics at a rave over there.
>>
File: G2AllianceBeginsAndEnds.jpg (197 KB, 695x755) Image search: [Google]
G2AllianceBeginsAndEnds.jpg
197 KB, 695x755
>>81625943
And then the humans proceed to fuck things up, just like every other TF fiction.

>>81624897
I wish Sakamoto did more lighthearted IDW stuff.
And put Raiz in a serious book.
And for once, give Guidi some real good stuff again, last time he did it was in Hedonia.
>>
>>81626399
I would kill for more Guidi.
>>
File: UguuimusPrimeFindsThisKawaii.jpg (147 KB, 299x424) Image search: [Google]
UguuimusPrimeFindsThisKawaii.jpg
147 KB, 299x424
>>81626322

Nah, more like theres just some memes that float around borne of /co/ and IDW. Tranny Arcee is one of'em.

>>81626351

Hey, I want it just as much as you man. Besides, theres a toy convention going on, and fans of the comic are usually fans of the toys and vice versa. It's nice to share. I need to pick up a few more IDW Collection volumes next month myself, didn't even know there was a comic until months ago, now I'm slowly getting up to speed thanks to /co/ recommending me the volumes.
>>
>>81581529
I dunno he planted a flag and while he declared Earth under his protection, planting a flag is usually a sign that you're claiming territory.

Also so far it's only the US and China who shooting at him, I guess the EDC which is mantained by different countries (mainly the US tho) pretty sure Optimus will have some sympathizers among the humans he has been helping.
>>
>>81626399
I miss Guidi and his lovely way of drawing lips. So far Sakamoto is doing good with IDW. Though some scenes seems off but I think that might be a translation issue? How well can he understand english anywys?
>>
File: 1441654028249.jpg (378 KB, 1180x1907) Image search: [Google]
1441654028249.jpg
378 KB, 1180x1907
>>81626236

It's Japan

When you work a 25k a year salary and an 18 hour work day you really dont have time to think about your personal life that much.
>>
>>81626152
>Hope he pops back up in the comics though
Didn't he die right before Dark Cybertron?
And Sixshot was dead I think.
>>
>>81626392
That seems to be the same effect that happens here when someone mentions they don't like MTMTE. Weird.
>>
>>81626428
>Comic fans likes the toys
Yes
>Toy fans likes the comic
No
>>
>>81626507
Some people can say they don't like MTMTE with reasonable explanation here and that's fine. Its when someone is spazzing out with DURR MTMTE GAYBOTS FEMINIST CRAP is when the trolling starts happening.
>>
>>81626463
>Though some scenes seems off but I think that might be a translation issue? How well can he understand english anywys?
more like he didn't get roberts, just like every other mtmte artists who aren't milne.
>>
>>81626463
>but I think that might be a translation issue

It's not a translation issue. It's the fact that the japanese style of doing manga is really different from how americans/british draw their stuff especially in how the characters emote.

>How well can he understand english anywys?

He doesn't have to. The scripts were translated from English to Jpnese by Buster Hydra.
>>
>>81601091
how long until IDW hits Masterforce?
>>
>>81626597
Matt Frank was pretty good with Trailcutter's spotlight. It sucks he's too busy with other comics to draw anymore issues.
>>
>>81626236
Women don't want to have children since there is the strong pressure to become a housewife and stay at home mother and lose half the family income in the process. This is probably the strongest reason for why the population is declining. You just can't support a family on one salaryman income.
>>
>>81589581
>>81590217
Speaking of Gorlam Prime, did they ever reveal what Alpha Trion & Metroplex's big journey was about before they became fodder for crossover events? I recall them being galaxy hopping before dark Cybertron.
>>
>>81613243
>anti-3P policies.
what's that? Me being a TF noob and all.
>>
File: Esc5.jpg (229 KB, 1000x546) Image search: [Google]
Esc5.jpg
229 KB, 1000x546
>>81626442
Only the russians can save them now
>>
File: 1455586082472.png (16 KB, 157x216) Image search: [Google]
1455586082472.png
16 KB, 157x216
>>81626597
>more like he didn't get roberts
I still find it hilarious Roberts had to make him redraw the scene of Helex and Blip.
>>
>>81626597
Weve had other fillins that do fine
sakamoto just cant into facial expression
>>
>>81626775
I find it hilarious he drew blip so badly no one even knew who he was and had to ask roberts what the fuck was going on, and that was the good issue that made it to publishing
>>
>>81626442
He had sympathizers until Aileron went and fucked it all up for everyone.
>>
>>81626894
Actually Blip changed bodies when he went into hiding.
>>
>>81626501

Sixshot is alive, he got stepped on by Metroplex but was shown to be alive. He just hasn't popped back up in the comic again though yet.

Overlord I thought was still alive?
>>
I wished we get to see more sixchangers in IDW, that's not unique to Sixshot right?
Moreover, is sevenchanger allowed?
>>
>>81626965
That was the story they made up after the event
>>
>>81626510

I like it all Anon.
>>
>>81627047
Apparently that includes terrible art.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 131

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.