[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The question isn't if will be good, but if it will be more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Ragnarok.jpg (142 KB, 759x419) Image search: [Google]
Ragnarok.jpg
142 KB, 759x419
The question isn't if will be good, but if it will be more or less bland than The Dark World.
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 500x225
It's not bland

I liked all Thor movies more than any other mcu film
Aside from gotg
>>
What I don't get is how come the Thor movies have to be so dull. They have a ton of good shit to pull ideas from.
>>
>>81569894
Marvel is ashamed of their source material

>no helmet
>science not magic
>>
It won't take place on Earth, So Portman and the other terrbile characters won't be there to ruin the movie.
Also, Hulk.
Taika Waitit is pretty good desu, go watch What We Do in the Shadows.
I hated the first 2 Thor movies and even I'm hype for this one.
>>
I dont think this one will be bland. If anything it's going to be 'too fun'.

Hulk and Thor go for a buddycop romp through Norse mythology.
>>
I haven't read much Thor. Anyone got a rec list?
>>
>>81569989
>the director is that New Zealand comedic actor/director
Fuck
>>
File: 1437418630981.png (277 KB, 616x422) Image search: [Google]
1437418630981.png
277 KB, 616x422
>>81569885
Second.
>>
>>81569937
The helmet looks like shit and you've never read Kirby, try again.
>>
>>81569885
>>81571427
Didn't know people on /co/ had this shit taste.
>>
File: Warlock&Infinity-23-15.jpg (452 KB, 1297x2035) Image search: [Google]
Warlock&Infinity-23-15.jpg
452 KB, 1297x2035
>>81570031
Go to desustorage and search "Thorytime", there were a lot of them a few months ago. The pics might still be in tact. Good shit. Off the top of my head there's also:
Simonson's run
God of Thunder by Aaron & Ribic
Loki mini by Rodi & Ribic
Journey Into Mystery by Gillen & Loki Agent of Asgard by Ewing
For Asgard by Rodi & Bianchi (also recently storytimed)
World Eaters by Fraction
A metal-as-fuck mini disguised as a series of one shots, one of them was called "Trial of Thor" iirc look for the rest from there
>>
>>81571739
Why else would you be here. :^)
>>
>>81571739
We like it because its adorable and cutesy wutesy and comfy wumfy and full of le epic feels.
>>
i just want to watch Daisy getting pounded by Loki
>>
>>81570031
>>81571920
Thunderstrike: https://desustorage.org/co/thread/79715634/
The Reigning: https://desustorage.org/co/thread/79780973/
Ragnarok: https://desustorage.org/co/thread/80068059/
>>81571998
That doesn't even make sense. Did we watch the same movie or are you basing your entire knowledge of it on /co/ shitposting?
>>
>>81569885
As someone who liked the Thor films

That's fucking weird dude
>>
>Described as a "road trip through the nine realms"
>Hulk is there, I don't know why, but hey, more Hulk
>No Natalie Portman
>Director is known for things that aren't even closely related to anything Thor-like at all

I'm willing to give it a chance for these reasons
>>
>>81569779
>No Natalie Portman

Yeah not in this movie. Get ready for Lady Thor in 2020.
>>
File: 1.jpg (78 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
78 KB, 620x350
If Ragnarok doesn't include Odin riding off to war against Surtur after Thanos give him back the Eternal Flame which is in the Asgard throne room, im going to walk out.
>>
>>81572684
I feel like Surtur either will not show up in this movie, or job as hard as the Destoyer.
>>
Why should Asgard dying be relevant? The Gods never mattered in the MCU
>>
>>81573997
Helps they aren't gods to begin with.
>>
It's got no Bill so it'll be boring as fuck
>>
>>81574048
You wouln't want to see bill in this universe anyway.
>>
>>81573997
They've already played the "the were gods to the Vikings" card. So the story of Ragnarok in Norse mythology should come to pass in this movie. In one way, shape, or form, Asgard will fall in the film.
>>
>>81573997
They matter more than they do in the comics. Considering that they're not glorified daydreams.
>>
The Planet Hulk elements are what I'm most looking forward to. I really hope they can get Silver Surfer in this. Come on, Fox, no one wants your Fantastic 4.
>>
>>81574048
does not compute
>>
>>81574048
As much as I would like to see Betaray Bill get in, it would probably be for the best he doesn't as he would probably be a CGI mess.
>>
>>81574388
>Planet Hulk
>In the MCU

It would probably be like "you broke Widows back" or some shit to give them the reason to fire him into space.
>>
>>81572497
>Hulk is there, I don't know why
Because if you team him up with Thor fighting some mythical horrors at least you can show him not pulling his punches.
We could possibly see some cool Hulk action here.
>>
>>81573997
It should be relevant to Thor that his family gets killed and his home destroyed.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>81574468
>he would probably be a CGI mess
But the CGI in the Thor movies has been decent, at least when it comes to monsters and such.
>>
>>81574468
Groot and Rocket were great. BRB might be good too.
>>
>>81572497
>No Natalie Portman

Let me guess: Thor spends the whole fucking movie crying about how he can't get some Jane Foster action while he ignores Sif's/Enchantres's advances on him
>>
I kind of like the movies.

Sure, they are boring and predictable, but they are not mean-spirited (unlike DC movies) and they are usually pretty once they get from Midgard.

I like Thor movies more than Ant Man, for example. Ant Man was quite dull when there was no shrinking action on screen. I was entertained during both Thors.

But I also see why people might dislike it. They do have problems.
>>
Thor is the MCU Chick Flick.

Which is going to be a problem with out Jane.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1600x900
>>81569779
I don't think it will be as bland as the first and second Thors. But that's clearing a really low bar. So what I'm saying is it'll still be bland as fuck. Because that's just what MCU Thor is. Bland, bland, blandy, bland, bland. God of Bland.
>>
>>81574916
>Ant Man was quite dull when there was no shrinking action on screen
On the other hand those were the best superpower action scenes we've ever got and Thor's fight scenes are super dull.
Not that I entirely disagree with you, the Thor movies were sort of fine, if unspectacular.
>>
>>81575010
>God of Bland.
No that's MCU Hawkeye.
>>
>>81569779
Could start out as light-hearted romp then get rapidly darker in the third act as shit gets real.

Waititi could pull that off; his humour os such he could shift the tone of the movie pretty seamlessly.
>>
>>81575075
Yep, the action was innovative and interesting. Unfortunately the test of the movie was really bad.

Destroyer in first Thor was almost hilariously bad action sequence. The second had... Damn, I realize I don't remember anything about the second Thor movie.

Oh. They had those stupid sticks that did some dimension jumping magic. I really hated Selvig sticks in that one.
>>
>>81575453
Asgard looks beautiful in both movies and the focus should be there.
>>
>>81575540
Yep. I wish I saw more of this Asgard and less of whatever is hapenning on Earth.
>>
>>81575540
>Asgard looks beautiful in both movies
Meh. It looks okay. I wish their big palace didn't look so much like a grand organ.
>>
>>81575453

>The second had... Damn, I realize I don't remember anything about the second Thor movie.

The entire portals action sequence at the end was pretty awesome. The Dark Elf assault on Asgard was some high-quality B-movie schlock, that was shit straight out an 80's movie just with ten times the budget.
>>
>>81574916
Eh. I think whenever Hank was on screen he pretty much stole the show even if there wasn't shrinking action going on
>>
>>81569779
Hulk alone means it won't be more bland, but I don't think I'd describe Thor 2 as bland. The dark elves were very nice space-fantasy, they had need designs and memorable technology, Loki was great, and the final fight had the portal gimmick. If anything Thor 1 was the bland Thor movie.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.