[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman V Superman and DC Extended Universe LOVE thread! We discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 44
File: batman v cereal.jpg (1 MB, 1738x1738) Image search: [Google]
batman v cereal.jpg
1 MB, 1738x1738
Batman V Superman and DC Extended Universe LOVE thread!

We discuss our favorite moments from BvS, our hopes for future movies, theories and stuff!

Haters will be reported and banned, stop trolling around.
>>
>>81568731
I liked Affleck as Batman including the fight at the warehouse (also "I'm a friend of your son")
I liked Jeremy Irons as Alfred
I liked Gal Gabot as Wonder Woman (her rolling her eyes at Lex's speech was funny)
I liked Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor (I liked his speech about god not hearing his prays when his dad was beating him)

I wished they kept that Communion scene. I want a Ben Affleck solo movie.
>>
>>81568731
God, it's like they didn't even try with that cereal.
>>
>>81568731
Superman being rejuvenated by the sun. It was so good! I'm sad it was kinda wasted on this movie. The entire doomsday fight was good too. And yeah, pretty much everything this guy said: >>81568960
>>
>>81568731
Will the extended version of the movie be better?
>>
>>81569294
The superman cereal isn't terrible
Batman you have to eat before it gets too soggy.
Both of them have a frickin' weird texture.
>>
>>81568731
I loved it when Batman murdered all those degenerates.
My favorite part was when Superman was apathetic about the everything.
>>
File: 20160105_022014.jpg (751 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160105_022014.jpg
751 KB, 1080x1920
A friend got me those for Christmas... kinda.
>>
File: snyder christ.jpg (76 KB, 659x926) Image search: [Google]
snyder christ.jpg
76 KB, 659x926
Since this is a love thread, Can I ask any of you if you think Snyder should be fired? I'm asking this so that way I can hear from people who liked these movies and not shitposters. I'm a huge DC fan and loved MoS handsome parts of BvS. I loved of of this
>>81568960
However I feel like Snyder isn't fit for these movies. The editing and pacing is shit and just open doors to more complaints. Many people including myself felt concerned due to the lack of intentions on the characters. Maybe some of that stuff will be explained in the extended cut but it still not a good excuse. Not to mention many fans are not so comfortable will Snyder with his hands on the dceu. What do you all think about this?
Also do any of you think the suicide squad re shoots will turn out good in the long run?
>>
File: 20160105_022113.jpg (707 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160105_022113.jpg
707 KB, 1080x1920
>>81569966
It was filled with bran.
>>
>>81569810
They're good if you eat em just out the box. There's quite a few cereal where this is the case.
>>
>>81570042
I really doubt it you attention whore namefag.
>>
>>81568731
These were remaindered the moment they hit the shelves here, and that was 2 months before the embargo broke.
>>
>>81570042
you lucked out. bran would be preferable, that cereal is dogshit
>>
I really liked the bombing scene. It's a perfect Lex moment, and the Senator's reaction when she realized she fucked up was amazing. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I couldn't figure out exactly what he was going to do and it made me fucking jump.
>>
>>81571466
I think it was a genuinely great scene, and I'm glad they saved it for the trailer. Felt bad for Mercy though.
>>
>>81572090
I hope she comes back as a cyborg. Probably as likely as us getting Faora back.
>>
>>81568731
That cereal was pretty mediocre.

The Batman tasted too much of fake starwberry and barey of chocolate.

The superman caramel flavor washed off and left you with flavorless puffs.

Civil War cereal is better, and has marshmallows.
>>
>Muh safe space
>>
>>81570042
>>81569966

Is Bran that stuff that makes you try too hard to be funny?
>>
My favorite part is when it ended.

>>
>>81571466
>Senator tries to have a serious talk about Superman
>Suddenly distracted by a jar of pee that had been there the entire time
>Drops spaghetti all over the desk trying to talk, can't stop staring at the jar of pee.
>Looks at the invalid all hot and bothered, back at the pee
>Superman looks at the invalid
>Superman looks at senator
>Senator, Superman, and Invalid all spend the next 2 minutes exchanging glances at each other.
>Wheelchair suddenly explodes
>Superman stands in the middle of the burning senate building with the same look on his face I get when I realize I stepped in dog shit.

I loved that scene just for how ridiculous it was desu.
>>
>>81573415
Yes if tv can't stop trying to push the piss jar meme, they can see how well that scene was set up.

And how believe able it is for Lex to later get Supes to do what he wants of him.
>>
I hope that, like with Watchmen, the BvS Director's Cut brings everyone around to liking it.
>>
File: tmnt-cereal.jpg (62 KB, 279x400) Image search: [Google]
tmnt-cereal.jpg
62 KB, 279x400
>>81572350
Even as a kid I never was a fan of the sugary marshmellows. I remember the Ninja Turtles cereal had them. I prefered the 'nets'.
>>
>>81569294
>Batman, the dark crusader with no color gets strawberry
>The big boy scout in red and blue is caramel
Who the fuck decided this?
>>
>>81568731
I like that this movie literally made me feel like a dumbass.

http://pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
>>
>>81568731
Did those cereals give anyone else diarrhea?
Not really badly, but definitely went to the bathroom more frequently and with softer output.
I stopped eating them after a couple bowls of each.
Might feed it to birds or something.
>>
>>81573806
Watchmen was still an over the top rushed mess. Honestly, the Black Freighter was just an additional story that drove home the cold war paranoia.

Snyder left out too much stuff that did matter. Yes. The fucking squid was important. Should had built it up more. Manhattan is not alien enough. The whole point of the squid, which Moore lifted from Outer Limits, is that an alien invasion would unite a plsnt divided by national squabbles.

Plus plenty of scenes Snyder did do were just superficial recreations of panels. He made them too much like an action movie, not a complecated drama which happens to feature superheroes. Snyder was too interested in making things look cool and missed the point of many scenes and characters.

300 is by far his best job adapting work. Though even there he went over the top on some bits. And that is quite a feat given that it was an already over the top later Frank Miller book.
>>
File: 300trailer_29_icon.jpg (9 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
300trailer_29_icon.jpg
9 KB, 80x80
>>81574203
Though to be fair Snyder's take on the "This is Sparta" line, turning it into "This.. IS... SPARTA!!!", helped get the movie noticed.

After seeing 300, I wanted Snyder to adapt Dark Knight Returns.

I wish they had done a straight up live adaptation. It would have been good. The animated one seemed a bit rushed and cheap for such a major story. Wish they had put it bit more work into it. A live action film would have bad a good budget.
>>
>>81574015
I could almost agree with this, if not for all the Justice League shit that has nothing to do with the revenge tragedy. Also no matter how much you call him a devil figure, the fact that Doomsday is a mindless cgi monster that has nothing to do with the rest of the movie really takes away from the impact of the death.
>>
>>81574203
>the Black Freighter was just an additional story that drove home the cold war paranoia
That's why it's in the Ultimate Cut where they shoved in every extra piece of footage they had, and not the Director's Cut.

>Manhattan is not alien enough
>A blue dude who walks around naked and has pretty much unlimited power is not alien enough
>>
>>81572951
You're thinking of Russell Brand.
>>
>>81569966
heh
>>
>>81574441
He is still human form in appearance and a creation of the American government.

Meanwhile, for the audience, a fake alien squid you slowly discover Ozymandias made is no more strange than the crazy shit in the film. Hell. The whole reason for Bubastis is to show that he was doing generic manipulation. Why even have Bubastis then? They had plenty of elements that they could easily have had the actual ending. Snyder was too small minded for it.
>>
>>81573415
So Lex is the Joker?
>>
>>81568731
>love thread

Batfleck is good.
Gadot might be a bad actress in the solo movie, but it looks like they're going for some "patrician" Diana Prince thing, and I can dig it even if the WWfags will reasonably dislike it.
>>
>>81568731
That movie sucks.

Report me. Go on and do it.
>>
Like all of Snyder's movies, there's a lot of individually great moments, but overall it didn't mesh well.

Lex's rooftop scene with Lois, then Superman was great.
Sex trafficker/Batman intro was great
Batman warehouse was great
Clark/Lois moments were good, the movie needed more scenes like those
Any scene with Aflred was great
>>
>>81570038
I really like his visual style but his movies would really benefit if he had a co-director keeping him from getting carried away
>>
File: 1455084515244.gif (2 MB, 200x254) Image search: [Google]
1455084515244.gif
2 MB, 200x254
>>81572350
I'll give the Civil War cereal a try but all licensed cereal tastes gross familia.

>mfw eating Magix
>>
Seems like not many people care about this movie anymore, positively or negatively.

That's appropriate.
>>
>>81568731
I liked it after my first viewing, then loved it after my second. I have very few complaints, most of them are just minor preferences that stem from "not muh" tendencies. Maybe I would have liked a less spastic Luthor, maybe it would have been nice if Superman tried to hold a conference of his own to talk to the world when shit was going wrong, but... then I look at scenes like that and realize they're filler. They accomplish nothing but to please fanboys, and Snyder clearly isn't in that business.

I think maybe it would have been nice if Superman had tried to talk more during the fight, but then I realize that Batman clearly wasn't listening and had already sprung two traps on him. And if Superman spent the whole fight trying to get Bats to listen, then suddenly got his attention at the end with "Martha" it would have cheapened it. I liked the Martha trigger, because I understand that it wasn't the name that made him stop fighting. It was the fact that Superman was suddenly humanized in Bruce's eyes, and he was forced to realize he was suddenly doing something that he had sworn he would never let happen again: destroying an innocent family.

I do cringe a bit at the whole fight, but it is both men at their worst, and it makes everything that follows that much sweeter.

Perhaps the JL cameos kinda kill the momentum, but only on the first viewing. Still I would probably omit them.

I loved Affleck and Irons, liked Gadot, and thought Cavill played a patient, contemplative, yet doubtful Superman, which I appreciate. I'm not even triggered by religious themes, I think they're amusing. Perry White was on point, and even Adams was good.

I look forward to JL. I actually REALLY like the use of the death of Superman as Batman's motivation for forming the league. It makes sense, and also contrasts the Avenger's MCU origins. It will also be super sweet when Superman returns and joins them, the hero that started it all coming back to take the lead.
>>
File: Superman-Batman-v-Superman-F[1].jpg (157 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Superman-Batman-v-Superman-F[1].jpg
157 KB, 1200x675
>>81576423
>maybe it would have been nice if Superman tried to hold a conference of his own to talk to the world when shit was going wrong, but...

Did this scene get cut?
>>
>>81575485
Agree
They need someone lie George Miller or Chris Nolan to make sure he doesn't screw it up.
>>
>>81576508
Forgot all about that. Could have just been a promotional photograph, but then, there's like a half-hour of cut footage, so you never know.

I'm really looking forward to the ultimate cut. I think both fights could have certainly used more brutality. I was puzzled as fuck when most critics complain the movie was "loud and obsessively violent" or "an assault to your senses". I don't think it had any more violence or fighting than your average cape flick.
>>
I loved the movie.

The negative reviews it receives are from this strange tribe mentality within consumers and a disgustingly anti-DC bias from the press.

It was 10x better than any MCU film besides Avengers, Iron Man and Cap 2.

Yet it is being reviewed negatively because people are too retarded and just want quipquipquip
>>
>>81576667
All of those promo images they released ended up being frames from the movie, so that's likely a scene that was cut prior to the bombing.
>>
>>81576713
>Yet it is being reviewed negatively because people are too retarded and just want quipquipquip
It hurts to say this because it sounds like fanboyism, but honestly, it's pretty true. When multiple critics basically slam a movie for not making them smile, you know something's wrong.

I wonder if Schindler's List made anyone smile.
>>
>>81576508
It must suck to know that Superman hardly had any dialog in a movie that supposed to follow up his, just to make room for Batman.
At this point, I don't give a fuck the new Batman movie. I just want to see Superman get some justice. Zack had some good ideas for Supes but it's not in the right direction yet. I want to see the light hardheartedness of Superman like in that first flight scene and I want him to fight some zany villians like Mxyzptlk
>>
>>81576667
Most critics have raging hate-boners for a lot of DC stuff.
>>
Batman AKA Batffleck saves this from being absolute shit. I honestly believe everything Superman related is the issue here, editing aside. Which is sad because I actually like Henry. WB should probably treat Clark like Hulk now, as much as that sucks.
>>
>>81576667
>I was puzzled as fuck when most critics complain the movie was "loud and obsessively violent" or "an assault to your senses".
Same here. There was less action than in MoS, and the BvS fight was only 3 minutes long.
>>
>>81574203
There is an argument to be made that the black freighter is just interrupting the main story, so cutting it helped improve the passing the flow
>>
File: 52.png (516 KB, 720x800) Image search: [Google]
52.png
516 KB, 720x800
>>81576992
I'm still waiting for that MoS sequel to be announced
Hopefully he will be involved.
>>
>>81577070
It wont happen, because WB is scared shitless. I want a MoS sequel, one where he actually isnt friggin depressing. But it wont happen. A movie where he fights either Atomic Skull, Parasite, or maybe Metallo. But NOPE!
>>
Can we talk about this for a second. Apparently Flash and Cyborg are going to be best buddies. Is anyone else triggered by this. I wanted Barry and Hal to meet up eventually.
>>81577169
>where he actually isnt friggin depressing
If only
>>
File: You Just Dont Get His Vision.gif (3 MB, 720x302) Image search: [Google]
You Just Dont Get His Vision.gif
3 MB, 720x302
>>81568731
>Haters will be reported and banned, stop trolling around.
It is beyond pathetic you need a hugbox on a taiwanese photobucket, OP.
>>
File: Snyderfags Excuses.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfags Excuses.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>81576713
>Yet it is being reviewed negatively because people are too retarded and just want quipquipquip
lol
>>
>>81577362
Its because WB wants as much time as possible to distance from their first GL flop.
>>
>>81577415
>he thinks this disproves when it actually proves me right
>>
>>81577415
>>81576713
In all honesty, as poorly done the movie was, RT had the most dumbest reasons to hate it
>not enough quips
>company wars
>too much cgi
>>81577389
>Implying that /co/ isn't already a hugbox
>>
>>81577509
Why the fuck can't they do what marvel did with Hulk? Is WB retarded?
>>
>>81577576
They are, just not yet. You're getting a GLC movie in space, away from Earth with Geoff Johns heavily involved.
>>
File: Doubt.png (29 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
29 KB, 300x162
>>81577543
lol no it doesn't, the nolan series is right there and half those movies were made since the MCU started

For fucks sake, DoFP is right there and it was exceptionally bleak with as many jokes as "I thought she was with you"

>>81577545
You mean the dumb reasons like its an incoherent mess, which it literally is? Or the piss poor acting that its full of? And the flimsiest of plots? Okay.

The idea that theres some critic conspiracy is hilarious when WARNER BROTHERS LITERALLY OWNS ROTTEN TOMATOES
>>
>>81577576
Well to cut them some slack, adapting Green Lantern is no easy feat on a technical standpoint. You need the cash to create multiple alien settings, species, and make constructs look decent. Even GotG cut corners with their alien designs by making a good majority bipeds and outright human looking. And since they cant even make BvS work, why invest so much into Hal?
>>
>>81577659
>when WARNER BROTHERS LITERALLY OWNS ROTTEN TOMATOES
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't write reviews you moron.
>>
File: good post.jpg (39 KB, 392x372) Image search: [Google]
good post.jpg
39 KB, 392x372
>>81577389
>>
>>81577659
>he thinks the acting was poor

Nigga are you serious? Eisenberg, Affleck and Cavill were superior to anyone in the MCU in the numerous films there.

Also you have to understand that MOS and BvS are the firsttwo of the DCU. A direct competition to these critics beloved MCU and how dare it try to COPY THE FORMULA THAT MARVELCREATED

They are retarded and need to be culled desu
>>
>>81577789
>snyder movie
>good acting
>Eisenberg awkwardly chewing up everything in sight and Cavill brooding like an asshole tasked with a job he doesn't want
Just stop DCfriend. This movie was an embarrassment to everyone involved.
>>
File: Screencapped for Snyderfag lulz.png (589 KB, 2096x920) Image search: [Google]
Screencapped for Snyderfag lulz.png
589 KB, 2096x920
>>81577721
But apparently Disney does, right?
>>
>>81577659
I wasn't talking about the good reasons. Yeah movie was shit. And I agree it was a inherent mess and had a shitty plot. I'm just talking about stupid shit like it's sexist or something.
>Implying I believe in that stupid conspiracy
>>
>>81573155
Booooooooooooooo.
>>
>>81577896
No, they don't either.
>>
>>81577896
>someone had faith in luthor
Ok, I could understand Wonder Woman, but LUTHOR?!
We knew what we were in for (mostly) since the first trailer.
>>
>>81577859
>DCfriend

I'm not even a DCfag, I just know the film was the best capeshit thing since DK.

Anyone who thinks the film is shit is a literal retard. And that is a fact.
>>
>>81577789
Can we please keep company wars out of this. The is one the most intellectual live action threads I have been in a while
>>
>Batman: " I have this feeling"

world greatest detective ladies and getlemen
>>
File: Snyderfags.jpg (110 KB, 634x500) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfags.jpg
110 KB, 634x500
>>81578008
>Anyone who thinks the film is shit is a literal retard. And that is a fact.
top kek m8
>>
>>81578021
The only good discussion thread about this movie was in a Hypercrisis thread the other night and it was only good because it wasn't an obvious company war bait thread from the title so none of the shitposters entered it.
>>
>>81578008
>>81577896

Stop. This is a comfy thread.
>>
File: Grant Morrison did it again.jpg (3 MB, 1932x1662) Image search: [Google]
Grant Morrison did it again.jpg
3 MB, 1932x1662
>>81578096
That was beautiful
>>
>>81578021
Ok, ignoring all comparisons, this seems rushed.
They are trying to do too much too fast and are doing more damage in the long run than anything.
What they should have done was ditch Zack after the MoS backlash. Sure there were some people who liked it, but when the line between like and hate is about 50/50, that should be a sign that a different directions needs to be taken. There is still a void that they can market with superhero movies that can make you feel warm and have hope in humanity, but DC doesn't even want it.
>>
>>81578136
That wasn't the thread I was talking about, but that was also a fun thread.

It was the one where we figured out that Batman sees the Omega symbol at 52 minutes into the movie, then the discussion spawned from there somewhat.
>>
File: meme.jpg (10 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
10 KB, 250x236
>>81578181
All of this
>>
>>81578206
Oh yeah. That was cool too.
>>
>>81578021
I'm not one to post shit from Cracked, but my friend sent me this earlier today and it honestly sums up why BvS was so bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGk5s0GSBhE
>>
>>81570038
>Can I ask any of you if you think Snyder should be fired?
Yes. I think he's literally poisoning the franchise and I wouldn't be shocked if Justice League turns into a big disappointment for WB.

Regarding BvS itself, I screencapped this last night, fantastic post on why Snyder just doesn't get it.
>>
I ended up enjoying Luthor, if only because he was the only person with any energy and personality on the movie outside of Wondy. In a film of deathly dull monotone performances, having a weird dude who's shoving jolly ranchers in people's mouths and making it rain with pictures of Martha Kent stood out. He at least was making a choice with his performance, it was a weird choice but at least he stuck to it.

It was something in a sea of nothing. He reminded me of Kenneth Branagh in Wild Wild West, a respected actor who knew exactly what kind of shit he was in and decided to play to the back row just for fun.
>>
File: fat-cat-with-popcorn.jpg (56 KB, 537x604) Image search: [Google]
fat-cat-with-popcorn.jpg
56 KB, 537x604
>>81568731
>theories and stuff
So I have this theory that both the bad future dream and the flash dream that Bruce had was things that actually happened. But because of interference in the time stream they got "undone" (so to speak) so Bruce only sees them as dreams
>>
>>81578469
My only complain was that he was out of character. But then again his zany character stood out from the rest of the film which I guess is a good thing.
>>
>>81578604

Oh I'm not calling him an accurate version of Luthor at all. I'm just saying he was a splash of hot sauce in the bland, boring chili that was BvS.

It's the same reason I liked Wonder Woman. In a movie where every line of dialogue was artlessly vomiting out every single character and thematic aspect of the two leads, she was a mysterious element that wasn't ruined by terrible exposition or artless visual symbolism. Her light banter with Bruce was legitimately entertaining, and her action scenes had a little more personality then the rest.
>>
File: 1375377616976.gif (3 MB, 319x175) Image search: [Google]
1375377616976.gif
3 MB, 319x175
i liked it. allot of the hate is really biased

shame supes and DC is gonna have to scrape by for the next decade but marvel will churn out another shitty thor and ironman 5 and people will eat it up

though they have dug themselves their own graves with shit like cyborg. are they really gonna try to push solo cyborg/flash movies? cuz fuck that will bomb hard
>>
Superman's cereal is really good.
>>
>>81568731
Promotional cereal is still a thing?
>>
>>81579110
>allot of the hate is really biased
>proceeds to blame the marvel boogeyman even though Nolan and Fox both made great cape movies
I see persecution complex is still crucial to being a snyderfag
>>
>>81578080
They're almost halfway there.
I think I'm still in depression.
>>
File: 635944238331424071-BVS-19098r.jpg (45 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
635944238331424071-BVS-19098r.jpg
45 KB, 540x405
>>81568731

Would you?
>>
>>81570038
>loved MoS handsome parts of BvS
snyder was the right choice for BvS but not for MoS. I hope he stays for the next JL movies with full controll and open to true fans feedback
>>
/tv/ here, we love it too. Luv ya babes
>>>/tv/67991015
>>
File: 1435538687765.png (367 KB, 543x399) Image search: [Google]
1435538687765.png
367 KB, 543x399
>>81577777
>7
>>
>>81578418
that pic is misinfo
snyder goes to nolan for creative advice, and doesn't do anything until they both agree on something ie they killed zod but didn't do post credits
>>
File: bruce and martha.jpg (44 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
bruce and martha.jpg
44 KB, 500x282
>>81580098
Bruce would
and did
>>
REMINDER!!!
Antje Traue (Faora) did another nude sex scene!!!
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5747726/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel.html
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5762394/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel_02.html

Here is her previous scenes...
http://watchscenes.com/antje-traue-nude-scene-in-weinberg/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YPgp368Gk
>>
My favorite part of Batman V Superman is buying Doritos with Batman on them
>>
>>81580098
Your god damn right I would...
http://xhamster.com/movies/2827457/diane_lane_the_big_town.html
http://xhamster.com/movies/1758092/diane_lane_nude_amp_sexy_compilation_unfaithful_hd.html
>>
>>81577659
There is absolutely nothing incoherent about the film.
>>
>>81581650
dude muh not supposed to show us multiple plotlines that intermingle throughout the movie muh idr what else
>>
File: Brainiac Watches Man of Steel.jpg (51 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Brainiac Watches Man of Steel.jpg
51 KB, 720x540
>>81568731
>Haters will be reported and banned, stop trolling around.
>two weeks ago, snydershills were all over the place, literally talking about oscars, 2 billion box office and the end of the MCU
>no b-bully p-pls, i need safespace!
pathetic
>>
>>81568731
>We discuss our favorite moments from BvS
--Clark holding on to DD even tho he sees the nuke coming, truly great heroic moment.
--"This is my world, Your my world... I love you"
>our hopes for future movies
--Aquaman does NOT get canceled.
--Mera & Aqua are already happily together/married as to avoid any awkward early romance that bogged down the Thor movies.
--Mera is not a bitch.
--Wonder Woman (17) has zero misandrist moments (like the new 52 Orion ball squeezing) especially from Diana.
--The SS reshoots do not add too much humor, at most to the level of DOFP.
--Clark does not go Injustice. Snyder is allowed to stay on as director as long as he drops that as the major reoccurring complaint is Superman is too dark here.
--They bring in the New Gods so this is not just John's JL new 52 Origin arc.
>>
>>81581787
i really hope they run with this as a world that's already been active instead of trying to give us origin stories all the time.
start movies in the middle of things going on etc etc
i hope they don't change ayer's vision of suicide squad
if they add stuff like humor i hope they explore different types, and explore different types of things in general. be sure to market well so most obvious audiences watch it

clark is not going injustice, that was more of a tease for the fans, in no way a direct statement of what will happen
i hope they expand on the mental aspect of reality i think they're teasing at
>>
File: I've Lost The Will To Live.gif (290 KB, 396x290) Image search: [Google]
I've Lost The Will To Live.gif
290 KB, 396x290
>>81581413
>still trying to cover snyder's incompetent ass
its blatantly clear Nolan could not give less of a fuck about these movies and simply was made a producer on MoS because WB was terrified of making a comic adaption without him involved in someway. He came up with the idea of a Superman movie thats like a first contact, thats pretty much it. Everything else that we know of is Nolan saying "hey this is a stupid idea" and Goyer and Snyder kept at it till he said, "fine whatever, who gives a shit I'm literally spending time with astrophysicists to figure out Interstellar".

He was even LESS involved with bvs because he was simply an exec producer which means he didn't even have to show up on set.

>>81581650
lol ok, anon, this is clearly a perfect movie the majority of people hate it for no reason and its massive drop off in box office has nothing to do with word of mouth saying its shit
>>
File: xCGyeTA.jpg (298 KB, 628x1832) Image search: [Google]
xCGyeTA.jpg
298 KB, 628x1832
>>
File: 0hu9YTi.jpg (257 KB, 615x1530) Image search: [Google]
0hu9YTi.jpg
257 KB, 615x1530
>>
>>81581883
Nope absolutely not a perfect film but it does not incoherently flow.
They hate it because it's tone triggered the god damn fuck out of their pathetic asses.
And yes the box office drop was indeed entirely the fault of the lying shit stains calling it not worth seeing.
>>
>>81581883
the response to the movie came from the reviews, of course that doesn't mean it's an amazing or even decent movie, but don't act like what has happened with the movie wasn't hugely primed by the reviews

and yes, the movie's plot points have been explained again and again. if you want to say the movie does a bad job of explaining itself, that is a fair angle to go from, but you can't say the movie isn't consistent with itself
>>
>>81568731
Fuck off all of you who liked and support this turd.

Read a fucking Superman comic book for once fucking tvfags
>>
>>81578070
>Batman: I just have a hunch we should find heroes
>The Flash (earlier): BRUCE!! YOU NEED TO FIND US!!!!
>>
>>81568731
>Try to market movie to kids
>First ten minutes of movie includes brutal murder and a naked bitch fucking in a tub
>>
Flaws with BVS...
>Little reason for Lois to throw the spear in the pool beyond wanting to make it harder to recover for Lex or anyone else.
>Lex's scene at the galla was cringe inducing, he needed more public charisma.
>Them having the same mother's name being the reason they stop fighting was weak even if Ben sold it emotionally.
>Clark should have tried to reason with Bruce more during the several moments he had the upper had.
>I was hoping him & Bruce would have a actual conversation before Clark got to the "The Bat is dead line"
>Clark's explanation for not noticing the bomb at the senate was weak. Him saying he wasn't looking because he wanted to follow his Father's wishes is contradictory as Pa specifically taught him that humans are NOT trustworthy. That said he could have been referring to Jor maybe.
>League cameos are a bit shoved in. (But personally I am glad they were in the film regardless)
>Cavill should have emoted more after the explosion.
>Clark needed more happy moments before the senate explosion. (Him, Martha & Lois having dinner would have been nice)
>A few scenes come off as randomly placed in the whole.
>Tone was too dark for SOME viewers.
>DD's CGI was not perfect to SOME viewers. (looked fine to me but my vision is not the best at distance and I was on the farthest back row in the theater)

Everything else in the film was good-ishly Ok to fucking great.
>>
>>81581966
Honestly people jizz themselves over Idris Elba as John and I like him as an actor, but I think his characters are too calm and idk, subdued. Doesn't jive with how I see John. Then again, he IS an actor.
>>
>>81582159
Fair Enough, I just don't know who else could play him as DW is too old, and Tyrese Gibson is not a great actor.
And to be fair I think John was very calm and subdued in TAS.
>>
>>81582146
What annoys me perhaps more than anything else is that I just know this post is going to get screenshotted and reposted and turned into copypasta for the next three years
>>
File: sunlight01.jpg~original.jpg (59 KB, 400x264) Image search: [Google]
sunlight01.jpg~original.jpg
59 KB, 400x264
>>81568731
>our hopes for future movies
Martian Manhunter movie.
Focused on suspenseful/atmospheric detective noir with sci-fi/horror trappings.
Johnz is a detective in the 50s played by Mads Mikkelsen.
Hunting down TAS like White Martians that have a very haunting slender man "It Follows" kinda vibe to them instead of the more traditional monstrous versions we have in Supergirl.
>>
>>81582251
Why should a pretty damn accurate list of the truth not be spread around?
>>
Jesus Johns quit making cereal threads
>>
>>81572350
>>81575738

>Grown men
>Eating sugary cereals

End yourselves
>>
>>81582401
>He doesn't eat roasted muesli and greek yoghurt in the morning's
>>
>>81577415

>Dark knight rises
>87%

How, fucking how? The pointless intro, the poorly choreographed action, the plotholes and Bales voice. This film should never got anything over 70%
>>
>>81581993
>two weeks ago, who cares about the reviews, everyone is gonna see it!
>now, reviews matter
ok
>>
>>81582470
The intro was badass and showed the nuke creator being kidnapped.
The action during the Bane vs Bat fights was filmed fine and much better then the fights In the previous films.
Name some plot holes besides bullshit like "wah how did Bruce get back into the city"
>>
>>81568731
My favorite part of BvS was the Lego Batman trailer. Everything after that was pure shit.
>>
File: 1458938895727.jpg (225 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1458938895727.jpg
225 KB, 682x600
>>81582560
>The action during the Bane vs Bat fights was filmed fine
>>
File: 1329167960548.jpg (45 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1329167960548.jpg
45 KB, 550x550
>>81576650
>>81576650
>Chris Nolan to make sure he doesn't screw it up.

Chris Nolan was the executive producer for BvS tho. The problem is I don't think he really gave a shit, & never really has since his movie trilogy. Nolan told Snyder that Superman dying was a bad idea, & Snyder was adamant that he should.

The only thing Nolan should produce is Batman solo titles & that's it.
>>
File: wonder-woman3.jpg (536 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
wonder-woman3.jpg
536 KB, 1366x768
Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman is a compelling take on the superheroine and an unusual film debut for the cultural icon. Like Affleck’s Batman, she’s been around for a while. There’s no starry-eyed or clumsy naivety as she navigates nations outside her island home; she’s well over that phase though it will definitely be explored in her own origin movie next year. Gadot has received criticism for not having the right physique for the Amazonian Princess, but that works to her advantage here as she is technically playing two roles.

Unlike Batman or Superman who mask their true characters under flippant and meek civilian caricatures that they chafe against, there is more of a refined divide between Wonder Woman’s dual personas. This imbues her alter ego, Diana Prince, with a kind of tacit mystique via posture and facetious dialogue, making it so that she can easily blend in with everyday men and women sans a pair of glasses or a drink in her hand; the kind of alluring individual that you feel you could nonetheless approach, but once you part, realize that you never actually learned anything about her despite easily conversing for almost an hour.

This is absent when she puts on her superhero guise, an Amazon warrior of harder body language and fewer words who slays monsters for sport. Gadot is akin to a musket ball, innocous at a glance, but a missile of deadly power once properly loaded and fired.
>>
THIS IS Diane Lane's Mom!!!
>>
>>81582842
>>
>>
>>81582855
>>
>>81582862
>>
>>81582867
>>
File: 1459964546837.gif (2 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1459964546837.gif
2 MB, 500x278
>>
>>81582511
i wasn't posting about it two weeks ago
>>
MARTHA
A
R
T
H
A
>>
>>81570038

I'm going to need to see the R-cut, and then decide. If the cut fixes some of the minor pacing issues, then no, WB should instead let him do a three hour movie if he wants to make one, instead of having to shave off 30 minutes from the final theatrical cut.
>>
I wanna FUCK MARTHA
>>
>>81583273
NO MARTHAS UNFUCKED TONIGHT

how does her rescue play out again?....
>>
>>81582357
>accurate list of the truth

Most of it is nitpicking.
>>
File: Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg (158 KB, 1200x1027) Image search: [Google]
Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg
158 KB, 1200x1027
>>81570038
>However I feel like Snyder isn't fit for these movies.

I think you are right but I wouldn't say Snyder is the only one to blame, it is very obvious that BvS problems are partly because of WBs decision to rush their cinematic universe and establish it before the bubble bursts. It seems like there were way too many people who had an influence on the script, Terrio must've have had a lot of opinions to reconsider, even as the movie was done, apparently it went through too many hands, which turned the whole thing into a mess. If you watch every scene alone, it seems like short clips from a great movie but the endproduct feels like a lot is missing.

I'm not saying the Marvel way is always the right way but the movie could have profited from atleast one Flash movie and one Batman prequel movie.

Also Snyder shouldn't be alone responsible for the whole franchise, as it seems that pressure is literally killing him but they should atleast recognize what he is good at.
>>
>>81578337
holy shit this was awful to watch
>>
>>81581418

what movie is this from?
>>
>>81583582
that's actually why i hope more people get involved
i wonder if someone like darren aronofsky can find a place near the top of this
>>
I liked that Jar of Piss scene.
I thought it was deep and meaningful.
>>
>>81568731
but its over
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.