[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasy X-Men Draft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: x-men-cover-david-finch.jpg (1 MB, 2713x1044) Image search: [Google]
x-men-cover-david-finch.jpg
1 MB, 2713x1044
Alright, gang. Few IPs in comics are as skubtastic as the X-Men with six and one half billion roster changes and here today, gone tomorrow characters.

So Let's say that Marvel reacquires the movie rights to the franchise and have put you in charge of casting and plotting a rebooted series of X-books.

You must include, at a MINIMUM:
*2 teams of five to ten members each for two monthly ongoing series. Adjectives required (Astonishing, Uncanny etc.)
*1 Junior team of 5-10 members.
*1 Spinoff series (X-Force, X-Factor etc.)
*You may mix and match different X-characters from different periods (Example Teen Rogue and Teen X-23 in the same book.)

Additionally, you must pick:
*An overall leader (Such as Storm, Xavier, Cyclops Etc. Could be anyone.)
*A setting (Utopia, Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, X-Force's old bunker or somewhere else)
*Support Staff (Forge, Moira MacTaggart, That one nurse Polaris had a killboner for etc.)

Show off your fantasy X-team!. Compare them with other fantasy X-Teams! Shitpost about how _________ ruined the franchise!
>>
An X-Team vidya with a massive roster could be a really fun squad-based or tactical game.
>>
>>81567410
They actually made a couple last decade.
>>
>>81567261
>select like a billion characters
If it wasn't 2am already, I might actually oblige you. As it stands, I'll go to bed instead.
>>
File: X-MenMembers_MarkoDjurdjevic.jpg (164 KB, 1024x272) Image search: [Google]
X-MenMembers_MarkoDjurdjevic.jpg
164 KB, 1024x272
>>81567261
I'll start this off so HOLD IT THE FUCK UP! BEST X-LINEUP COMING THROUGH!

Uncanny X-Men:
This is the flagship book. This team is based upon the idea of fighting Enemies such as the Brotherhood or the Cassandra Nova as well as the more high powered, Space Borne adventures. The Roster consists of:
>Cyclops
>Storm
>Colossus
>Jean Grey
>Warhawk
>Cannonball

All-New X-Men
>Wolverine
>Polaris
>Rogue
>Gambit
>Bishop
>Psylocke
>Beast
>Firestar or Sunspot

Extraordinary X-Men (The Gritty X-men book. WIll mostly be focused on rescue operations for mutants and fighting anti-mutant groups)
>Nightcrawler
>Beast
>Domino
>Banshee
>Emma Frost
>Multiple Man
>Shadowcat
>Iceman

Young X-Men:
>Jubilee
>Husk
>Elixir
>Anole
>Rockslide
>Prodigy
>Pixie
>Pre-legacy virus Magik

X-Force
>Cable
>Marrow
>Psylocke (X-men Liaison)
>Fantomas
>Monet St. Croix
>Rictor
>Longshot
>Archangel
>X-23

Headman:
>Professor Xavier. Back to Basics.

Setting:
>Xavier's school for Gifted Youngsters

Support Staff:
>Forge
>Elixir
>Firestar
>Beast (School Doctor)
>That one nurse that Polaris had a Killboner for
>>
Man to be honest I try to mess around with different configurations and it feels like you are too limited in classic teams. Can you ever not have Wolverine and Cyclops? Do you include Gambit, Iceman, Angel, etc. and what do you do with them if you don't?

But for the spin-off I'd look at either a Justice League Dark thing with a team mainly dealing with magic and the supernatural (you could call it something goofy like eXorcists I'm sure, but that doesn't really go with the X-format too well). That'd be like:

>Magik and/or Pixie
>Chamber
>Moonstar
>Blindfold

That team probably needs another dude and I'm not sure who I'd put down on it. Nightcrawler fits but on the opposite side of things. Warpath/Proudstar maybe kinda fit but I can't be bothered with them. Shit, maybe Captain Britain. Regardless I'd maybe also have Moonstar with a tame Demon Bear to serve as a beatstick.

The other spin-off idea would be Exes or uh, X's which would be mutants who have left the X-Men and are pursuing their own agenda. Depending on the feel you could do a bunch of stuff with this, like have it being a separate headed up by Emma, a more gritty book headed up by Marrow, some totally off the wall intergalactic space opera concert book headed up be Dazzler. Maybe have it change-up arc by arc actually, in a perfect world where neither of these are instantly cancelled.

I'd have Rogue training up the junior team. And Emma Frost off the frontlines tutoring No-Girl and the Cuckoos who would run telepathic support for all of the teams. Beast would also be in back on support. Deathbird, Longshot and Blink would definitely be around on the teams.
>>
>>81569290
Yeah, not getting the originals plus as many of the All-New, All Different crew that i could just felt wrong. So I tried to shake up the rosters a bit and throw some oddballs in for variety as well as keep things interesting. ie Gambit and Bishop on the Same team. Shake well, let simmer and serve over ice.
>>
Uncanny X-men
Cyclops
Wolverine (picked up in the first issue)
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Beast
Emma (later addition)

X-men
Storm
Psylocke
Jean
Polaris
Wolfsbane
Havok (later addition)

New Mutants
Canonball
Mirage
Sunspot
Jubilee
Hellion
Rockslide
Rogue (joins after first arc)
Magik (later addition)
X-23 (later addition)
Pixie (later addition)

X-Force
Bishop
Domino
Thunderbird
Gambit
Wither
Omega Sentinel (later addition)

>leader
Financed and organized by Angel

>location
Westchester mansion. School is private.

>teacher
(non-mutant) Professors Xavier, MacTaggert

>fitness trainer
Stevie hunter

>nurse
Sharon Friedlander

>other mansion staff
Tom Corsi and a retired Banshee

I'd completely reboot. The X-men have been active for a couple years and their roster has grown as their mission expands. The team was founded by Angel, Banshee and Xavier. Starting with a small roster of 4 (Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Storm) the team has recently split into two main groups. The number of students has grown recently because the larger X-men roster has enabled them to find more kids that are in danger (no cerebro in this universe). X-force is an unaffiliated group lead by a time traveling Bishop, intent on preventing his future by assisting the X-men from the shadows

Not completely related but in this universe Magneto would still be a holocaust survivor. He is close in age to Xavier because he was taken to Argentina after the war by Nazis and kept in stasis.
>>
This would be better in an image chart OP
>>
>>81567261
New Marauders
Leader: Mr. Sinister

Team:Rouge
Gambit
Zombie Deadpool head
Juggernaut
Wolfsbane

Junior:Klara past
Stepford Cuckoo

Supporting Staff:Jean grey clones
Setting Underground Base: Mr. Sinister is using them as his own suicide squad. Some are kidnapped, others blackmailed, and no one knows what's going on. Except the zombie Deadpool head, but he seems to have his own agenda. There charged with kidnapping inhuman test subjects. Anyways everyone is a clone.
>>
Adorable Xmen
>Jubilee, Surge, Karma, Armor, and Psylocke
Cute asian mutants, doing cute things cutely. Charles Xavier school

Extreme Xmen
>Oldman Logan, Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool, Domino
Blood, violence, and body counts you haven't seen since the 90s. abandoned Weapon X facility.

X-children
>cyclops, jean, beast, angel, storm
Latest fight against Sinister has changed the Xmen's senior leaders into 8 year olds. Charles Xavier School
>>
>>81571355
I thought about that but I'm away from home on my chromebook
>>
Mutants of madripoor

small island the size of Singapur inhabited by mutants

Karma (the prime minister, south east asian and billionaire)

Exodus, who protects the island from the mists with his telekinesis on a subatomic level (he used to be able to crush biggger islands with telekinesis)

Hope summers, who copies the powers of exodus and does his job in the night shift
Stacy X, works as a hooker, American tourists go there like the ones that do sex tourism in Thailand

basically, mutants who make their living by selling their abilities to non mutants for currency, in a third world mutant country
>>
>>81567261
>>81567261
I always enjoy threads like these. It's always interesting to see who people choose and their reasoning.

>Uncanny X-Men - They handle the Apocalypse-tier stuff and operate on a level beyond any official team; if they're doing something, shit is going down.
Cyclops (leader)
Storm
Cable
Mimic
Magik
Rogue
Colossus

>The X-Men - The official team. This is the public face of the X-Men, the guys who are going to handle most of your superheroic stuff. Also "the" can apparently be an adjective so whatever.
Cannonball (leader)
Dani Moonstar
Iceman
Rachel Summers
X-Man
Husk
Rockslide
Anole

>Generation Next - A mix of experienced "younger" mutants and students that acts as something of a finishing school. They still do heroics but it's not intended to be at the high level as the official group.
Jubilee (leader)
Banshee (administrative supervisor)
Hellion
Surge
Network
Match
Sprite

>The X-Ternals - The "X-Force" style group though less black ops and more akin to the Old West Regulators or deputized posses. As such, has a few more morally questionable members.
Bishop (leader)
Risque
Warpath
Tarot
Boomer
Avalanche

I'd also have two solos: Wolverine concering his snkitbubbing duties. Mystique would be a heroic bloodshed style book involving her trying to protect Preview who may or may not be holding the spirit of Destiny and her love-hate relationship with Val Cooper, the government agent sent to deal with her.

Overall leader would be Cyclops with Xavier being around. Set up would be the Xavier School in Westchester. Support staff would be your typical Forge/Dr. Nemesis/Madison Jeffries/Moira MacTaggart/etc. style group.
>>
>>81569290
>eXorcists
I like this idea and HOLY SHIT themed X-teams.

Uncanny X-Men will be the big team book. Big ass super fights. Classic characters, the whole nine.

>Cyclops
>Wolverine
>Colossus
>Shadowcat
>Jean Gray
>Angel/archangel
>Storm
>Ice Man

All New X-Men Will be the B-team, more focused on interpersonal Drama and world building while handling more down to earth threats. Every Issue has Claremont's name in it.

>Gambit
>Rogue
>Bishop
>Warpath
>Psylocke
>Beast
>Cannonball
>Wolfsbane

Amazing X-Men: This is a B-List Team that handles off world threats. They spend a lot of time cruising the universe in a jury-rigged Shi'ar Transport.

>Havoc
>Polaris
>Multiple Man
>Nightcrawler so he can play space pirate.
>Emma Frost
>Fantomas
>Warbird

The Expendable X-Men is a team made of the strong c-listers. Characters who've been around but have been relegated to a supporting role. This is their time to shine and I'd make this a fun book. I'm tempted to turn Garth Ennis loose on this one.

>Starfire
>Feral
>Marrow
>Rictor
>Domino
>Banshee
>Rachel Summers
>Cable
>Thunderbird
>Longshot
>Dazzler
>Forge

The eXorcists Are an affiliated team operating out of a Hipster neighborhood in NYC. They often wind up running interference for Doctor Strange and are the X-Men's ambassador to the supernatural.

>Vamp Jubilee
>Magik
>Gateway
>Penance
>Pixie
>Dani Moonstar (Valkyrie)

Academy X is basically Generation X and New X-men redux.

>Money St. Croix
>Husk
>Prodigy
>Surge
>Hellion
>Elixir
>Rockslide
>Anole
>Chamber

Standard Golden age of X support staff and setting
>>
>Jubilee
>Danger
>Warlock
>Longshot
>Ink
>Anti-Venom
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.