[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange Magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: Strange_Magic_11.jpg (793 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
Strange_Magic_11.jpg
793 KB, 1920x818
Got around to seeing it, since it was on during the Stars channel preview. You people lied to me! This was a solid flick, with a great music track that brought tears to my eyes.
>>
the music parrs were awful
>>
I wasn't expecting it to be good, but it catered specifically to the type of romance I like, so I got got.

Some of the music is cringeworthy, but the gags are surprisingly good. Overall, can't believe this is a george lucas film, what the fuck.
>>
I can't tell if I'm being trolled here.
>>
>>81567324
Disney might own it now...
>>
>>81567393
then we could have a reboot in some years
>>
>>81567868
Maybe it's just that I dig the ears, but I'd like to see how this art meshes with the Pixie Hollow characters.
>>
>>81567393
It was the first Lucasfilm project released under Disney. They pretty much threw it under a bus. Doesn't even have a Blu-Ray release, just DVD
>>
>>81568635
But Lucasfilm was purchased as part of the Star Wars deal. It's all Disney now.
>>
>>81568914
>It's all Disney now

Which is hilarious, considering Disney would never put out a movie with a storyline like "even ugly people deserve love". I suspect the image mis-match part of the reason why they didn't bother with branding and advertising.

George lucas the person wrote the story though. Makes you wonder if it was some form of rebellion.
>>
>>81565644
I felt the same way /co/ bitch and crowed saying how much it would suck or does suck. Watch it myself and its pretty good.
>>
>>81569541
>"even ugly people deserve love"
Hunchback of Notre Dame II.
>>
>>81570073
he got no pussy
>>
>>81570137
What's your point?
>>
>>81565644
Great movie but the musical parts was an overkill. Strange Magic will go along with my other favorite classics like Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.
>>
the black little guy was a nice character.
thay was a surprise
>>
>>81565644
I kinda like this guy
>>
>>81570400
How do the musical parts work with the story? Is it like a score or are the characters singing?
>>
>>81571837
The fairies emote by singing hits of the 1950's. It's not an opera, they are aware that they are breaking into song.
>>
>>81571908
I...I...

...what?
>>
>>81571987
It just seems to be their culture.
>>
>>81571837
Every minute everyone is breaking out in singing. They know they are singing... and it can become too much.
>>
>>81571987
An example. One of the fairies gets hit with a love potion, so everything time she sees the target that she is in love with, she immediately tries to serinade him.
>>
>>81572264
Please, PLEASE tell me that that meant the music suddenly kicks in and out if and when the target leaves her sight.
>>
>>81572344
A little bit, yeah.
>>
>>81572344
It does kicks in and out.
>>
>>81572372
>>81572380
That's amazing. Just utterly amazing.
>>
>>81572470
if the lore is expanded it could be explained that they can only project their magic throught music
>>
Fantastic visuals. The 3D modeling and realistic textures are pure eye-candy (bordering on uncanny valley). But like other anons mentioned, the musical parts (i.e 90+%) were a little too much and honestly out of place. Instead of original songs like Disney they used licensed stuff (I think Megamind handled this better ). If they had half the musical numbers I would liked the movie more. Also, it was an okay re-imagining of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
>>
>>81572638
Nah. Pretty obvious that they just like to sing.
>>
So does no one talk in this movie? Is it all singing?
>>
>>81572759
they talk and suddenly they sing.
too much
>>
>>81572759
They talk normally quite a bit. They sing when they are purposely expressing emotions at each other. The songs themselves are almost a language, as if there is a pre-agreed list of which songs are appropriate for which situations.
>>
>>81572888
Is this only for the faeries or do other creatures understand what the songs mean?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSrJiaZnPuU
>>
>>81572939
Mostly the main cast, which are about 50% fairies.
>>
>>81573092
But this looks awful.
>>
>>81573466
It wasn't advertised well.
>>
>>81573615
Are there better trailers or clips that give a more accurate picture?
>>
>>81573659
Probably not. Just go watch the movie.
>>
File: tumblr_ns9ejcNLhR1uy5n82o2_500.png (171 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns9ejcNLhR1uy5n82o2_500.png
171 KB, 500x260
>>81573659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1qGVRGEe5c

my favorite scene
>>
>>81570137
Look at his post again. He said II. Quasi got laid in the sequel.
>>
>>81574848
The music and singing being so forced into so many scenes really bothered me. If you got rid of this and the annoying gnome the movie would have been pretty good.
>>
I really wanted to like this movie, because the ending romance/message was great. But Christ, the songs were awful, all around. Also the VA, let's be honest.
>>
File: Strange-Magic.jpg (39 KB, 620x263) Image search: [Google]
Strange-Magic.jpg
39 KB, 620x263
Marianne or Dawn?
>>
>>81575881
I'm gonna go with Dawn. Less emotional baggage.
>>
There are days when I think I would like nothing more than to open a door and find someone singing to me.
>>
>>81574848
This is probably my favorite part of the movie.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.