[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consensus? Better or worse than The Outlaws?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
What's the consensus? Better or worse than The Outlaws?
>>
Is garbage worse than shit? It's Lobdell either way.
>>
>>81561664
Shit can be garbage, and garbage can be shitty.
They aren't mutually exclusive things, shit.
>>
It made me want to fuck Joker's Daughter.

So I hate it.
>>
File: 1423062830585.png (796 KB, 847x911) Image search: [Google]
1423062830585.png
796 KB, 847x911
>>81561664

>Lobdell is still on Red Hood post Rebirth
>>
>>81564929
When you know where Harras buried the body of that kid he ran over while drunk driving in 1993, you don't just get removed.
>>
It's better than Outlaws. They don't have to fine ways to shove Starfire in these stories and they feel more balanced with just Jason and Roy. It still isn't a good book, but it is better.
>>
>>81564929
The ride never ends.
>>
>>81565629

That doesn't mean he has to still be on Red Hood, fuck Lobdell's about to get his 3rd #1. It's not like he's Snyder on Batman, it's never been a huge deal critically or commercially, please DC let someone else try
>>
>>81566104

>It's not like he's Snyder on Batman

No, Lobdell's comics are actually entertaining.
>>
Has the red hood ever been written well?
I've never been partial to the character (and fucking hated red hood and the outlaws) but i'm of a firm mind most any character can be written well with the right writer behind him.
>>
>>81566104
>That doesn't mean he has to still be on Red Hood
You have to put him somewhere, might as well be on a character that's been shit for years. Why ruin a character with potential?
>>
>>81566202
Jason was written well in the UtRH movie and Morrison's run.
>>
>>81566202

Once, by Judd Winick of all people in Lost Days.
>>
>>81566104
that's because no one gives a shit about red hood. he's only useful for getting punched by damian
>>
>>81566104
People on here joke its his containment book, and I kind of agree, it has enough fans to still be selling low to mid 20,000s so its a viable ongoing, Lobdell seems to enjoy writing it so if DC ever need him to cover another book he's already around to do it.
>Being a Jasonfag hurts me

>>81566268
Nightwing was a boring character throughout the 90s/2000s until he became Batman because DC had no idea what to do with him then he got a good writer and got a promotion, pretty much got repeated in the New52 so fuck you there is no such thing as a character with no potential just shitty writers and DC not caring.
>>
>>81566302
And Jasonfags hated Morrison because Morrison made him ugly
>>
>>81566202
UtRH, Inc, RHATO up until rocafort left was 10/10
>>
>>81566434
Nightwing was never Lobdell-bad for that long. It was above average with Dixon, mediocre with Grayson, and bad for a year until they gave him to Tomasi, and then to Morrison
>>
>>81566515
I always think Lobdell's main problem on this book is being depressingly average, not to say he can't be terrible (Teen Titans). But I think 90% of Outlaws and sequel is just forgettable, bit like a bad action movie. They have a zany adventure, someone makes a few quips the bad guy gets shot repeat x5. Make small profit.

Doesn't really matter anyway at the end of the day I suppose, other books ignore what he writes now, never mind years down the line.
>>
>>81566689
a lot of it is forgettable, but his dialogue does dip into cringe territory from time to time. it mainly just reads like he doesn't plan more than one issue ahead of time, and just kind of cranks out a script in an evening without brainstorming how well his writing translates to a visual medium
>>
>>81566456
That's because they don't want a well-written character, they want a husbando
>>
>>81566202
I'd imagine that the idea of RHATO could be fun with someone like Steve Orlando and Tim Seeley writing. It wouldn't necessarily fit the characters perfectly, but it could be entertaining on its own
>>
>>81566515
>mediocre with Grayson
I thought you were shitposting until I remembered that the writer for Nightwing was actually named Grayson for a while. Weird coincidence.
>>
Stop this madness. Grab him and Tim and send them out to have their own thing with little ties to the family and Batman. Let them be their own fucking characters for once not some OC Donut steal edgy shit or poor excuses to showcase Damian's plot armor
>>
>>81566689

His biggest problems are excessive narration and abandoning plots every 3 seconds. Tynion as a fill in writer probably did more with the all caste crap than Lobdell ever did and it was the initial thrust of the book.
>>
>>81567301
Honestly that's why Tynions run was worse, if Lobdell writes a bad plot he forgets it, and its likely never brought up again, Tynion for whatever reason decided to tie up the all caste with a long ass storyline with amnesia.
Lobdells way is defiantly bad writing but at least it doesn't kill whatever little story progression there is stone dead.
>>
I'll just say one good thing about it.

He atleast tried to give Joker's Daughter a character. Tried being the fucking keyword. The rest of the comic is mediocre action and a lot of development that, as always, never goes anywhere. The award for worst arc still goes to Underbelly, jesuchrist what a waste of time it was and the ending was pure bullshit.
>>
It's fun.
It managed to make me think Joker's Daughter isn't a completely horrible character that shouldn't exist.
>>
>>81566905
>coincidence
Nope. She's an insane Dick fangirl who legally changed her name.
Also created a self insert to rape him.
>>
File: soy.jpg (198 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
soy.jpg
198 KB, 600x306
May have to pick it up for some of that Dexter Soy Sauce art
>>
File: 1442604632442.jpg (109 KB, 252x264) Image search: [Google]
1442604632442.jpg
109 KB, 252x264
>>81571521
>>
File: Nightwing rape.jpg (509 KB, 2049x1615) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing rape.jpg
509 KB, 2049x1615
>>81571781
She later defended herself by saying it wasn't rape, it was just non-consensual sex.
>>
>>81571687
No way will the interiors look like that when they have to make room for a hundred narration boxes. I predict Soy Sauce will be there for 4 issues and then moved to a bi-weekly
>>
>>81571879
>Yeah, the Judge didn't believe me when I tried that one either.
>>
>>81566905
Grayson (the comic) really has been underwhelming for me. It's definitely an above average book, but I feel like it's turned out to be a lot less than it could have been. I don't really get the hype. I can see how someone would actually find it mediocre.
>>
>>81571879
>I didn't kill him, I just ended his life
>>
File: p_17_01.jpg (370 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
p_17_01.jpg
370 KB, 1000x1537
It started off pretty gay desu
>>
File: p_17_02.jpg (715 KB, 1600x1230) Image search: [Google]
p_17_02.jpg
715 KB, 1600x1230
>>81572531
Because what friend doesn't think shower pranks are funny idea. I swear is this a white ppl thing?
>>
>>81572531
>>
File: RHA3 Variant.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RHA3 Variant.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>81561412
Better.

Starfire while an entertaining character under Lobdell, brought with her a noticeable unbalance of power to the stories that made very hard to the boys to stand out (most of the fights in RHATO were ended by Kori)

With Kori out of the picture Lobdell could put the boys in stories more fitting for the characters and their abilites, the whole vigilante for hire idea was simply brilliant and there's a fantastic chemistry between Jason and Roy. At this point those two have one of the bromances on cape comics.

Medri was also a great artist but sadly he wasn't ready to tackle the demands of the big editorials and had to be removed. Luckily both Fernandez and Soy are incredible, giving this series another advantage over RHATO.
>>
>>81574398
ok sure
>>
>>81561412
Is so bad that is good.

But the actual good thing is that Jason and Roy do have really good chemistry
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.