[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats are the worst and best Disney Direct to Video Sequels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: disney toon studios.jpg (257 KB, 955x826) Image search: [Google]
disney toon studios.jpg
257 KB, 955x826
Whats are the worst and best Disney Direct to Video Sequels?
>>
>Lion king 2.
Everything else on that list is cancer and should be avoided at all costs.
>>
The Aladdin sequels are ok, 3 is better than 2 though.
>>
>>81560852
I don't get why people like this movie so much. Its no better than Return of Jafar. Personally, I was surprised how good Peter Pan 2 was. Everything else makes a mockery of the characters and continuity set up in the original film.
>>
>>81560748
Return of Jafar.
>>
>Best:Cinderella 3

It's the only one that's better than it's predecessors.

>Worst: Tarzan 2

"Hey, let's make a movie about Tarzan's character development from the first act of the original Tarzan!"
>>
>>81560748

Lion King 1 1/2 was funny. Not necessary or anything, but funny.

Return of Jafar felt like a multi-part episode of the TV series and had production values to match.
>>
The stitch sequels aren't great, but the franchise works a lot better than any other the other ones.

Why are the Pooh movies not considered part of this line (Grand Adventure, Tiger Movie, Piglet Movie, heffalump Movie)?
>>
Brother Bear 2 was okay.
>>
>>81560748
LM2: Been too long since I've seen it, but clearly not that memorable if I can't remember
L&S2: Shit I remember this one being kind of sad actually. I wanna say it was decent.
F&H2: Thought it was pretty good. Nice to see Tod and Copper actually being friends. Made the kid in me scarred by the original happy.
RoJ: Watched all the time as a kid. Probably sucked.
40T: A lot better than RoJ, and pretty good overall. Probably underrated.
PP2: Saw this more than the original, but didn't mind it.
LK1.5: Only saw once. Meh.
BB2: I was a hug BB1 fan so I probably liked this unironically. Don't remember it now of course.
LK2: Fuck anyone who says this is shit. It's got some great songs and some good character. Definitely more soulful than most Disney sequels.

This was all written from the memory of watching 80% of these once as a kid, so take it as whatever. Never saw any of the others, so they're probably shit.
>>
>>81560748
In the cases of talking animal sequels, it's determined by the hotness of the female antagonist. That said, Lion King 2 and The Fox And The Hound 2 are great.
>>
Aladdin and the Forty Thieves was the best.
>>
>>81561107
They were gonna use Mozenrath...but, not knowing that the only people watching the movies were fans of the show, they went with Jafar...who nobody gives 2 fucks about.
>>
>>81561072
Cinderella 3 is indeed fantastic. Though I also like the second as well.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.