[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LUCIFER Renewed for Season 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: lucifer.jpg (39 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
lucifer.jpg
39 KB, 446x299
>Fox has given second season pickup to freshman drama Lucifer

>https://deadline.com/2016/04/lucifer-rosewood-renewed-season-2-fox-sleepy-hollow-grandfathered-the-grinder-new-girl-1201733778/

But does anyone actually like this?
>>
>>81560467
I like it, not as an adaptation, but I do enjoy asshole characters. I also like how the therapist keeps getting supernatural characters.
>>
>>81560467
Yeah, I do. Lead actor is surprisingly charming and the detective is how female characters should be written.
>>
I haven't watched it, but most of the opinions I've seen are that it's not bad for what it is but it's in no way an adaptation.
>>
>>81560573
>>81560760
So basically how Constantine is viewed by people. Good when judged as its own thing but horrible when judged as an adaptation.
>>
>>81560718
>Lead character is surprisingly charming.
So much this.

The only reason I even watched the show after finding out it was going to be a crime drama is because I saw him in some cancelled USA show Rush. Shit was fucking cash.
>>
Yea I had no idea Lucifer was even a comic to begin with, original promos just looked decent.

Gave caught every episode so far. Decent writing, fun characters, overall enjoyable experience.
>>
It is just another Castle Clone.

Police officer paired with unconventional partner that isn't a police officer.
>>
File: whyteary.gif (831 KB, 160x275) Image search: [Google]
whyteary.gif
831 KB, 160x275
>>81560467
>>
>>81560467
I can't get into it but not because it is in and of itself bad. Just because it is so formulaic (but with a supernatural devil twist) and because I can't distance the show from the comic which I love and which the show just barely touches upon in any meaningful way.
>>
>>
Well, yeah, duh. It's a good castle clone though.

They do the biblical stuff really well too, him loving music or getting angry and the notion the devil causes you to do evil things. He really seems like the rebellious son, and I love it, the play off his brother is great too.

>>81561221
Because it's good.
>>
>>81561358
Mean to reply too>>81561169
>>
>>81561169
It's funny, literally every procedural on Fox is like that.
>>
>>81561431
There is

Limitless, Sherlock, Rosewood, Minority Report, Sleepy Hollow, Bones,
>>
>>81561431
>>81561710
Honestly it seems like every police procedural is like this. Even the ones that are just 2 cop partners seem to be like that now.
>>
>>81560573
Anyone else bothered by how Linda the therapist no longer wants sex from Lucifer? Isn't the whole point of Lucifer's attraction to Chloe due to the fact that she's the only female who is immune to his advances?

I don't want to be "that guy" but I detect a hint of feminist agenda here. The writers don't want viewers to get the wrong idea of women on this show, so they have Linda suddenly "come to her senses" and behave platonically with Lucifer despite all evidence we've seen which proves that this shouldn't be happening.
>>
>>81562715
Being aroused by someone doesnt mean you want to have sex with them.
you know, like halfway through foreplay you change your mind, you're probably aroused, your body says yes but your mind says no.
which means that if the other person doesnt stop when they say stop, its not sex anymore.

stay safe kiddos
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.