[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE JUNGLE BOOK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Disney.jpg (124 KB, 720x1066) Image search: [Google]
Disney.jpg
124 KB, 720x1066
Which one would you rather watch, /co/?

>The Jungle Book (April 15, 2016).
Directed by Jon Favreau.

The tale of Mowgli, an orphaned young boy who is raised by wolves and faces his greatest challenge in the form of vicious tiger Shere Khan.

>Neel Sethi as Mowgli.
>Ben Kingsley as Bagheera, the panther.
>Bill Murray as Baloo, the bear.
>Lupita Nyong'o as Rakcha, the mother wolf.
>Giancarlo Esposito as Akela, the leader wolf.
>Christopher Walken as King Louie, the orangutan.
>Scarlett Johansson as Kaa, the snake.
>Idris Elba as Shere Khan, the tiger.

Produced by Walt Disney Pictures.
>>
File: Warner.jpg (135 KB, 776x478) Image search: [Google]
Warner.jpg
135 KB, 776x478
>Jungle Book: Origins (October 6, 2017).
Directed by Andy Serkis.

A young boy, Mowgli, is abandoned in the wood, and goes through the trials of living among the wolves, while being preyed on by the vicious tiger Shere Khan.

>Rohan Chand as Mowgli.
>Christian Bale as Bagheera, the panther.
>Andy Serkis as Baloo, the bear.
>Naomie Harris as Nisha, the wolf.
>Eddie Marsan as Vihaan, the wolf.
>Jack Reynor as Brother Wolf.
>Peter Mullan as Akela, the leader wolf.
>Ben Bishop as Hathi, the elephant.
>Tom Hollander as Tabaqui, the jackal.
>Cate Blanchett as Kaa, the snake.
>Benedict Cumberbatch as Shere Khan, the tiger.

Produced by Warner Bros Pictures.
>>
how in the fuck are there two of them? Didn't they realize this?
>>
>>81551552
>He doesn't know about Twin Movies Syndrome.
>>
I like Serkis's line up better.
Chef said in an interview that his movie is about fitting in and belonging somewhere, even though the original story is about the problems of conforming to a group.

I'm gonna wait to see what Serkis has to offer, fuck Chef book.
>>
File: You're not that poor, are you.jpg (115 KB, 546x401) Image search: [Google]
You're not that poor, are you.jpg
115 KB, 546x401
>>81551451
>>81551455
>>
>>81551552
Rights became public domain recently, so everyone's having a go.

Same thing happened to Sherlock Holmes and Peter Pan, recently.

>>81551451
Serkis cast seems better (especially Britishname Complicated), but I trust Favreau more. Disney too.
>>
>>81551552
Movie studios are inherently uncreative. Execs hear about Competitor A producing movie on "Currently Hot Subject" and immediately put their own version into production.
Another reminder that movies aren't made to entertain or exhibit artistic concepts, but merely cash generating vehicles.
>>
I have to admit, this is getting pretty petty Marvel posters.

I'm more excited for the Andy Serkis film that's pushing motion capture and effects to the max instead of Jon Favreau crawling back to Disney.
>>
File: 1412204360696.jpg (7 KB, 199x255) Image search: [Google]
1412204360696.jpg
7 KB, 199x255
>>81551451
>>81551455
So is this supposed to be a choice between the movie coming out vs a hypothetical one?
>>
>>81551455
This one, since I prefer the book to the Disney cartoon
>>
>>81552342
>Jon Favreau crawling back to Disney.
What the fuck are you talking about? Iron Man was made before Disney bought them you tard
>>
>>81552520
But Iron Man 2 was made after they did. You really shouldn't try to correct people and insult them while you're actually wrong. You''ll only embarrass yourself.
>>
>>81551455
>Christian Bale as Bagheera, the panther.
>Andy Serkis as Baloo, the bear.
oo eck, not sure about these.

I just want something with a suave, deep, rumble-y voice who can sound aloof and in-charge to voice Shere Khan. Sadly, Tony Jay is dead
Laahndaahn boi Idris doesn't seem to pull it off.
>>
>>81552342
>crawling back
The problem with Iron Man 2 was the 'creative committee' and Perlmutter. He has nothing against the general movie studios.
>>
>>81551552
>Didn't they realize this?

Volcano & Dante's Peak
Hercules & The Legend of Hercules
Olympus Has Fallen & White House Down

One could go on. Studios frequently make very similar movies to each other at roughly the same time. If they can adapt the same work because it's no longer under copyright, they will.
>>
>>81552908
How long until Superman falls back into public domain?
>>
>>81551455
Just got pushed to 2018.
>>
>>81551451
General question: why does mowgli in the Disney jungle book trailers not speak in a indian accent? Wouldn't that make much more sense than an American accent?
>>
>>81552733
>Movies are made in a single year
Who's embarrassing who again? Iron Man 2 was greenlit a full year before Disney bought Marvel.
>>
>>81551451
Lupita is a great name for a woman voicing a wolf.

It was my old Spanish class name.
>>
>>81552984

WB gets cucked yet again by Disney
>>
>>81552935

2043 and that too only the 1938 version meaning no features/characteristics/traits(including superpowers) that cropped up in later iterations

Unless of course copyrights laws are changed to get it extended even further than the 105 years limit it currently holds
>>
>>81552342
>Jon Favreau crawling back to Disney.

Jon Favreau had no beef with Disney execs, heck he even worked in IM3 for the bit part. He may have been pissed at Marvel execs but I dont think he gave a shit once it was released
>>
The Disney one looks good, but I'm MUCH more interested in the Serkis one.
>>
>>81551451
>>81551455
>2 Jungle Books
I fucking forgot about this. No fucking way. This is that live action Sleeping Beauty thing again.
>>
>>81551455
>Origins
People should be fired for this kind of subtitling
>>
>>81551451
Idris and Cumberbatch both have good voices. They should really do a Luther vs Holmes crossover
>>
>>81551451
>>81551455

They're so apart from each other I might watch both
>>
>>81551455
No King Original the Character so this one wins.
>>
>>81553302
You. You are are embarrassing you.
>>
>>81553264
He was raised by wolves. Everyone knows wolves are American as fuck
>>
>>81558676
Mowgli was raised by Indian wolves in India...
>>
>>81552235
I can't wait for when this happens to 80s cult classics in the next 70 years. I'll be on my deathbed getting drowned out by endless commercials for everyone's own version of the breakfast club and back to the future.
>>
>>81558601
Because I'm stating facts?
>>
>>81551451
>>81551455
Neither, Jungle Book is a dumb story and I hate the setting.
>>
File: my fortune.jpg (31 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
my fortune.jpg
31 KB, 320x240
>live-action/CGI remakes of classic 2D animated films

This trend really, really makes me wanna commit suicide.
>>
>Ben Kingsley
>Bill Murray
>Lupita Nyong'o
>Christopher Walken
>Scarlett Johansson
>Idris Elba

>Christian Bale
>Andy Serkis
>Eddie Marsan
>Peter Mullan
>Cate Blanchett
>Bendydick Cucumberpatch

Both solid casts, although I really like the use of Brit talent in the latter.
>>
>>81556082
>>81552342
Plus Favreau's been developing a Magic Kingdom movie for Disney for about a decade now that's apparently "Night at the Museum but in Disney World"
>>
File: ^_^.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
^_^.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
>>81551451
The russian version has female Bagheera, so it wins.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.