[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NYC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: lol punisher.gif (91 KB, 250x246) Image search: [Google]
lol punisher.gif
91 KB, 250x246
So from what I've heard New York is quite nice now, so why do comics still present it as a shithole?
>>
>>81548839
Haven't been to NYC but I'm sure it's like any big city, there are parts of town you just don't fucking go to.

Also from what I've heard it progressively got better so after 60 years of having character operate there and the entire fanbase bitches and moans at the slightest change of status quo, they figured might as well keep their asses there.
>>
>>81548839

In MCU NYC is shit because of "the battle of NY" or "the incident" whatever its called
>>
>>81548862
Manhattan has basically shaped into Hipster central (Lots of gluten-free and vegan restaurants, fashion stores, and Starbucks) while the more shitty parts of the city, like Harlem, have become prime spots for families.

The other boroughs are definitely not as bad as they were a decade or two ago, but you'll still find more crime in Bronx and Brooklyn than Manhattan.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (12 KB, 214x235) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
12 KB, 214x235
>>81548839
>I've heard New York is quite nice now
you were lied to.
NY is where celebrities, fashion industry fags and the mega rich go to shit on and push out all the working poor and poverty class natives, shut down small businesses and replace them with another fucking starbucks and let their hipster millennial offspring gentrify the fuck out of all the ethnic neighborhoods until eventually they get stabbed and robbed one night and then the entire NYPD gestappo are sent to flood through the jungle and shake every tree till all the monkeys fall out and shoot every unarmed one they see 41 times until Daddy Trump feels satisfied.

So yeah, it's always been nice.
Same as it ever was. Just slightly less centralized in it's scope than what Marvel urban crime shows depict-- that shit is more an outer-boro and Subway thing.
Less Daredevil. More 90's TMNT movie.
>>
File: ravager pukes.jpg (53 KB, 512x554) Image search: [Google]
ravager pukes.jpg
53 KB, 512x554
>>81549015
>Lots of gluten-free and vegan restaurants, fashion stores, and Starbucks
>>
New York City has been coasting on it's reputation earned in the 70's and 80's back when it was hyper violent and grimy. A lot of people just don't realise how sanitised it has become.
>>
>>81549022
>More 90's TMNT movie.
So stupid brats who have no reason being criminals being tricked into joining gangs?
>>
>>81549022
>>81549083
The movie "Kids" comes to mind as to how New York was in the eaely 90s as well. My favorite new york is from "the warriors," though.
>>
>>81549022
I'm from Queens, but what you're talking about is just mostly in the city
>>
>>81548839
Because Marvel knows that a place full of liberals is Hell.
>>
Can't have Frank without crime. I know it's fiction but those on four bank robbers at the beginning of DD 2 almost took me out of the story. I get it's set another world but it just a little off.
>>
>>81552021
yea, its alternate universe NYC.

especially Hells Kitchen, which is literally the gay capitol of NYC now and filled with upscale restaurants and tourists. And it's less than a square mile, not really a place multiple gangs would be fighting for.

Manhattan below 125th street it pretty much super gentrified. Even Harlem now is safe and is slowly getting more white millennials moving there. Most of Brooklyn is fine too, if you're too east or south don't be alone at 2AM. Queens is a little worse, and the Bronx is too far away to even be brought into the equation. Staten Island is chill
>>
>>81552145
>the Bronx is too far away to even be brought into the equation.
There's been plans in the works for years to change the "South Bronx" into "Downtown Bronx", with all that that implies in an attempt to spread some of that Yankee Stadium money around. Also, there's zoning in place to make DUMBO-esque landing pads for artsy bohemian hipsters around the southernmost tip as well. But, as (You) say, The Bronx is too far out. for now...
>>
Real New York City is nice, Marvel New York City is obliterated on a weekly basis.
>>
>>81549022
Aw, poor baby, sounds like his favorite bodega got shut down.
>>
>>81548839
My dad was raised on Long Island. He watched the part in Goodfellas when they are finding all the gangster bodies around NY on the news when he was a kid, he says that the Warriors doesn't seem as outllandish when you were raised there, and he also remembers the Son of Sam murders. New York was crazy bad back in the day, but if you go now its super gentrified and the worst people their are the ones who dress up as cartoon characters in times square. They keep showong it as a shit hole cause they don't want to move the Avengers and Spider-Man to Chicago or Detroit, because all the writers seem to be from New York and can write it easy. Also, a bunch of those writers are probably around the same age as my dad so they might still remeber when shit like that happened.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.