[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iZombie Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Why is this show so great, /co/? How is a show with such a silly premise this legitimately good in setting up characters and drama? How is none of the relationship stuff annoying or cringy? How does all of the drama and story flow so naturally? How does this show go from making you laugh to being on the edge of your seat in a heartbeat without for a moment feeling forced or jarring?

Is this the best comic book show on tv right now?

iZombie thread.
>>
File: blaine.jpg (26 KB, 419x384) Image search: [Google]
blaine.jpg
26 KB, 419x384
>>81548184

This charismatic motherfucker could be smothering children to death and I still wouldn't be able to find it in my heart to hate him.
>>
>>81548230
I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda hoping Blaine gets redeemed in his current arc.
>>
Rob Thomas is competent and can give both women and men agency.

Everyone in iZombie has their own plot going on at all times and they all try to figure out the ongoing mystery around them with the information they have on hand.

They seem much more realized.
>>
>>81548184
The crew's had a lot of experience making character-driven mystery shows like Veronica Mars
>>
>>81548278
>>81548279
How good is Veronica Mars? Is it iZombie tier?
>>
>iZombie appreciation thread
>no sexy Liv webms

What am I supposed to appreciate here?
>>
>>81548318
First two seasons are fun of long season mysteries. Season 3 was CW meddling that made them new mini mysteries. That weren't as great.

Has a lot of similarities to Izombie in that Veronica's love interest has been dealt a hand of nonstop suffering. He never got a fucking break.
>>
>>81548345
I remember I was genuinely surprised her love interest was going to be the one they picked in season 1. I'm so used to worst boy being picked instead of Best Boy.
>>
>>81548184
I agree. It is a good show. Liv is a Cute.
>>
>>81548321
This.
>>
>>81548184
Is this on netflix?
>>
>>81549033
Pretty sure the first season is, yeah.
>>
>>81548184

It's really, really, not. Sure, it's not bad when compared to other shit that litters TV these days, but it is so painfully generic and predictable that even the interesting premise can't save it from mediocrity. The "quirky" narration, "clever" dialogue, relationship drama, pop culture references, etc. all ensure that this show will always be average at best.

And that's fine. You shouldn't ever feel guilty about enjoying something, but don't make the mistake of equating your enjoyment with quality of the show in question.
>>
>>81549458
You're free to not like the show, that's fine, but those criticisms are just plain wrong.

>Generic
It turns the concept of zombies on its head. The main character is a mortician zombie. How is that generic in any sense of the word?

>Predictable
When does the show ever try to misdirect you or throw curveballs your way? It does that very rarely, and when it does, it's not anywhere close to predictable.

>"quirky" narration
It's pretty much quirky done right - it's fun and it's original.

>"clever" dialogue
Come on now, you can't tell me the dialogue is bad. Every character is very clearly defined, has their own voice, their own way of thinking and approaching things, and the only clashes between characters come out of the fact that they're so fleshed out.

>relationship drama
You mean how they spent a total of 15 minutes this whole season on Liv and Major's drama? The legitimate drama of two really, really well-written characters? How dare they.

>pop culture references
As much as /co/ tries to make pop culture references a bad thing, they're really not, if they're done organically and they come from the characters' own personalities and tastes. Ravi quoting Back To The Future? Yeah, of course he would, he's a fucking nerd.

That said, it's all opinions. I just don't get how these are the things you're bothered by.
>>
>>81549596
The pop culture references bit is pretty fair too.
Unlike other shows like Parks & Rec, which had Adam Scott's character blurt some useless Game of Thrones info, iZombie had an actual joke that fans of GoT would appreciate.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.