[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /co/ feel about the way Hank and Dean have developed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: VB604_sc187.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
VB604_sc187.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
How does /co/ feel about the way Hank and Dean have developed as characters over the course of the whole series? Do you think we'll finally reach the point where they finally take over the Venture family operations with Dean being the scientific visionary and Hank being the daredevil adventurer that tests Deans inventions? The show won't truly be the Venture Bros until it's about Hank and Dean fighting a new generation of villains, probably with Triana and Sirena as villains
>>
>>81546266
I don't think Dean's a scientific visionary. He just has more common sense due to how his plights in the last few seasons have caused him to emotionally mature.

It also helps that his guardians, however bad they were at keeping him alive, weren't as needlessly cruel to him as Rusty's were when he was at an impressionable young age.
>>
>>81546411
Dean is totally developing to become an intellectual type.
>>
>>81546439
Wearing a tie doesn't make him intelligent.
>>
>>81546266
I like both of their development. I love their transition from goofy 60's stereotypes to relatively normal teenagers. Shit, Dean is 99% normie now, while Hank is still pretty goofy. I loved Dean's whole crisis and how it was resolved in a 10 second talk with his brother.
>>
>>81546266
Well with the nanomachines in Dean's brain he has the potential to become a competent super-scientist unlike his father but I feel like Dean would attempt to do something that makes him happy outside of the crazy world of the OSI,GCI and super science . He would only start doing science because whatever he finds that' brings joy backfires or something happens to Rusty and feels obliged to do it.
>>
>>81546531
Dean is smart, but probably not super science smart.
>>
>>81546531
Think tank himself said he was one of his best students
>>
>>81546439
>>81546531
>>81546543
He wants to be a journalist.

Hank wants to be Brock. Sometimes El Hank. But mostly Brock.
>>
>>81546585
He'll try to be a journalist and realize he hates editorial mandates and shit then eventually fall into becoming a mediocre scientist because it's his fate as a Venture.
>>
This relationship is the best development for Brock. He stepped up from Black Widow to Wonder Woman
>>
>>81546573
>>81546531
Are we just going to ignore that Rusty,Billy and White put nanomachines into Dean that gave him godlike intelligence?
>>
>>81546629
To be fair, with Rusty's track record it may as well have given Dean brain cancer
>>
>>81546629
Did he not piss those out or did I miss something? Anyway, he was smart before that, just poorly educated.
>>
>>81546623
Do you think she'll be turned off or turned on when the lasso play inevitably reveals that he's sired dozens of illegitimate kids, making single mothers out of a bunch of barely legal women.

On one hand, that's a pretty Greek hero/demigod/god thing to do.

On the other, Warriana's a feminist.
>>
>>81546661
I don't think having illegitimate children really has anything to do with feminism
>>
>>81546540
>Dean, that is awesome.

Nothing gets Hank down. He's completely true to himself and everything he likes and wants, and it's giving him huge boosts in the charisma department.
>>
>>81546266
I think they should break the cycle. Dean becomes a boring writer/journalist with a family. While Hank becomes a more normal adventurer without super villains and all that crap, like becoming an astronaut.
>>
>>81546736
I'm just saying she might have issues with him fucking all these girls and then not even bothering to pay child support.

>>81546660
The monitor at the end of the episode showed that there are still a few in his brain area, I think
>>
I honestly just hope the series lasts that long to find out IF it can be sustainable as hank and dean. With one hiatus after another... I was happily surprised to even see this season to be honest. I really hope they can get it up to season 10 at the very least
>>
File: Mask.jpg (277 KB, 1023x1754) Image search: [Google]
Mask.jpg
277 KB, 1023x1754
>>81546614
>He'll try to be a journalist and realize he hates editorial mandates and shit

I doubt that. He, so far, is becoming pretty accepting of how society works. He's going to college for fuck's sake even and seems to be doing alright at it.

>then eventually fall into becoming a mediocre scientist because it's his fate as a Venture.

Except that's contradictory to the entirety of his development. He doesn't want to be a Super Scientist. He's not good at super science. He's not even all that good at normal science.

The point of Dean and Hank's development is that they're being given the freedom to choose their own paths, as opposed to Rusty who was forced into the life he's in. There is no 'Venture curse'. They're just finally being given the opportunities their father never had.

Pic not exactly related.
>>
>>81546763
That's the exact reason why she likes him in the first place
>>
>>81546872
>He's going to college for fuck's sake even and seems to be doing alright at it
So did Rusty and he only managed to get in because of the nanomachines that made him smart.
>>
>>81546746
>He's completely true to himself

Well, he is now. Half of season 6 was him emulating Beiber, Steve Mcqueen and Michael Jackson until he learned to just be himself.

Though I like that he keeps the McQueen jacket. It works on him.
>>
>>81546918
So was Think Tank lying saying that Dean was his brightest student and just wanted him out of the Venture Tower so he could arch his Dad without giving away who he was?
>>
>>81546940
That jacket is boss
>>
>>81548966
He still has the nanomachines inside of him. That was like what episode 3 this season? They never removed them
>>
>>81546940
Thank good he got rid of the mullet. He looks so cute like this.
>>
>>81546772
Season 10 what?!
Do that many people watch this show? I always thought it did poorly with views
>>
>>81546584
Deen has tons of first hand experience. It doesn't make him a genius, it just means he had a good education.
>>
>>81546918
The problem with his college application was that for the written portion he went on a depressing tangent about how existentially horrifying his life has been. The nanomachines probably just wired him so all the minutia he learned from the learning bed was found immediately.

Dean is consistently shown to think quick on his feet and has become a lot more grounded. But I also thought it was an incredibly sweet touch when they showed him working with Pete and Billy to keep setting up little vignettes on Hank's date to make him look like a cool badass.
>>
"i will become...A BAT." goddamn they've come so fuckin far and i love every second of it.
>>
>>81546531
Didn't he rebuild helper after Rusty turned helper into an walking eye?
>>
>>81550592
I thought he pissed the nanomachines out?
>>
>>81546584
I think Think Tank was lying to butter him up.
>>
>>81555007
Something about his weird mouse observations and his critical assessment of the DOOM video makes me think he's still got nanobots in there, even the other characters were surprised by his actions.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.