[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an origin story more retarded than a species of super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: xavier laugh.png (291 KB, 261x502) Image search: [Google]
xavier laugh.png
291 KB, 261x502
Is there an origin story more retarded than a species of super scientists dying out because they lack sufficient functioning rockets?
>>
>>81545874
They were xenophobic
>>
>>81545874
It was against the law
>>
>>81545874
They didn't even die out completely. There are plenty of Kryptonians running around in the comics. In the silver age there were tons of "oh shit hey look new survivors!" stories.
>>
>>81545874
In Superman's very earliest comic, they said neither that Krypton had mastered interstellar travel, nor that his pod was the only one that got off the planet because it was destroyed. It left the option that there were others, but ignored it, because it wasn't immediately relevant to the story they were telling, about the only Kryptonian on earth. It was later that all the idiocy happened. Frankly, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a version of the Superman story in which there were other Kryptonian refugees on other planets, without the need for a phantom zone at all, just common sense.
>>
>>81545993
>they said neither that Krypton had mastered interstellar travel
That doesn't make any sense given Krypton's history as planet conquering assholes that were hated and feared by majority of the universe.
>>
>>81546134
never happened
>>
>>81546134
Read my post again.
>In Superman's very earliest comic
>>
>>81545993
>I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a version of the Superman story in which there were other Kryptonian refugees on other planets,

It's called Daxam you dumbass

Fucking casuals don't even know the basics
>>
>>81545874
And their planet was also like seriously about to explode any day and they 99% of them couldn't piece it together
>>
>>81545977
sort of, they were all forced to live on a planet that looked almost exactly like Krypton except that it only appeared in out universe once a year and had a red sun.

So it was basically a prison planet, but there were lot's of them on there, a few thousand if I remember correctly.
>>
>>81546208
the information was being suppressed
>>
>>81546208
Because they refused to consider the possibility and refused to leave. They were killed by hubris.
>>
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>81546274
>Because they refused to consider the possibility

I'm sorry I thought they were super scientists, not super religious.
>>
>>81546208

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The DCAU Superman origin is the only one that works. All the Kryptonians are so up their own arses that they can't believe something they built would ever be wrong (It wasn't and was just lying to them) and why nobody listened to Jor-El . By the time they found out the Brainiac had been lying to them it was a few seconds until the planet exploded. So even if they had rockets they would still be fucked
>>
>>81545874
The Funny Bunny or The Wall come to mind.
>>
>>81545874
How about the guy who was raised by birds, threw himself off a cliff for years until he learned to fly, and then somehow became a senator
>>
>>81546272
>>81546274
I could see that being a factor, but you'd think more than a few people would be like 'God damn this shit sure does look like it will explode any minute now Jesus fuck'.
>>
>>81545993
I wouldn't be opposed to a Superman story where his Kryptonian origins are entirely ignored and he (and everybody else) thinks he's just a human with superpowers.
Krypton sucks donkey balls.
>>
>>81546320
Everybody remembers BTAS, but STAS is really almost as great a show. It's probably the most refined, perfected version of Superman and his world we'll ever see. Everything fits perfectly into place, everything is well thought-out and logical.
>>
I'm guessing that the planet had a very low population because I refuse to believe that in only two in a billion people had a different opinion from the majority.
>>
>>81546363
They were really worried about the earthquakes

This was incorporated into Supergirls origin story, Zor-El believed Jor-El and used his status in the government to build a sort of impervious capsule around Argo City.

Argo City survived Kryptons explosion, however unforeseen and unknowingly to them, the bedrock slowly started to become Kryptonite while in space.

This prompted Zor-El to mimic Jor-El and send his only daughter, Kara Zor-El to Earth to be with her baby cousin Kal-El.
>>
>>81546208
Hubris is a hell of a thing anon
>>
>>81546426
even Supergirl not being Krpytonian?
>>
>>81546134
You're mixing it up with the sayans.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.