[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why jokey british jokey no born in england
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: JokerMHBTAS.jpg (39 KB, 550x414) Image search: [Google]
JokerMHBTAS.jpg
39 KB, 550x414
why jokey british jokey no born in england
>>
>>81543142
What's your address? If you're having a stroke we need to send an ambulance right away.
>>
>>81543142
>why jokey british jokey no born in england

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuDqNLgVHv8
>>
"Great scot!" "Actually I'm Irish." - from TAS, not sure if he really is or was just messing with the guy.
>>
Well, Tim Curry was originally cast as Joker in Batman: TAS. Studio heads heard his recordings though, and thought he was 'too sinister', so made Dini and Timm replace him. Fortunately, Mark Hamill was also recording parts for the show, and the rest is history.

I like to think Curry would have given Joker a British accent. Either that, or a reprise of his Pennywise voice.
>>
Hamill-Joker has a Mid-Atlantic accent, which a lot of upper class people in the east coast used to have. Kind of an accent that could pass for American and British. Examples: Christopher Plummer, Roscoe Lee Browne (TAS Kingpin)
>>
>>81544531
I think Penguin has had a Mid-Atlantic accent too. And full on Cockney in the Arkham games.
>>
File: char_49431.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_49431.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>81543463
>"Great scot!"
YESSS?
>>
>>81544029

As long as he didn't do a southern accent. He can pull anything else off but his southern accent is pure shit.
>>
>>81546985
HOLY MOLEY!
>>
>>81543142
Didn't sound British to me. Sounded more like that old-timey American accent you hear in old movies because its how acting schools taught people to talk (don't know the name for it). I guess its closer to a British accent than most American accents, but it's still American and not British.

>>81544572
I think Mad Hatter was British too, right?
>>
>>81543463
>Irish
>never been to Ireland
>parents and grandparents never went to Ireland
>great grandparents were English but lied to fit in when they emigrated
>>
>>81547540
no one in their right mind would pretend to be Irish four generations ago
>>
>>81544029
It wasn't because he was too sinister, Paul Dini and Bruce Timm explained that he was able to do the menace, but wasn't able to pull off the manic playfulness that Joker has. Dini said his read sounded just like Captain Hook on Peter Pan and the Pirates.
>>
>>81547564
suuuuuure

why don't you repeat all that shit about white slavery while you're at it
>>
>>81547736
actually I was just thinking of the race-fueled gang violence everyone would assume they're involved in
>>
>>81547435
>Didn't sound British to me. Sounded more like that old-timey American accent you hear in old movies
That's Mid-Atlantic.
>>
>>81548094
ye
>>
>>81547625

that's true, I couldn't see his Hook fitting at all as Joker.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.