[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goddamn this run The plotting is so TIGHT. And using his super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: action comics 18.jpg (180 KB, 832x1280) Image search: [Google]
action comics 18.jpg
180 KB, 832x1280
Goddamn this run

The plotting is so TIGHT. And using his super fragmented style + nonlinear narrative to do a 5th dimensional assault on Superman was brilliant. I love the Bat Epic but this is Morrison's best since Seven Soldiers.

Why did this not go over well? Were people expecting All-Star Superman Part 2? Is it the Rags Morales art? He's shit but his garbage 90's style really fits the material the same way Howard Porter did on JLA.
>>
This would've been GOAT without Morales. Alas.
>>
Those last two and that it probably reads better in trade than monthly. I only really loved the adult Legion issues, should give it another go
>>
Rags, and I think people wanted the run to be more like the first 4(?) issues instead of moving onwards from the "golden age" feel
>>
>>81539360
I dunno man, this is a top 5 story arc for me. These 18 issues were GOAT. I wish he did another 20 or so.
>>
>>81539627

Yeah I really enjoy Golden age Superman. It's how they should have approached him in the movies. Superman can't fly until the end of the third act where he snatches up Kandor before they both hit the ground after escaping from Braniacs exploding ship
>>
>>81539627

It is weird that he kept advertising the RETURN TO GOLDEN AGE SUPERMAN and that's all he would talk about in any interview and then he dropped it in like three issues and went right back to Hypercrisis Silver Agey sci fi insanity.

I wonder if editors weren't really interested in the Golden Age stuff. It was definitely his assigned job to introduce the Jim Lee suit and that really fits nowhere in a Golden Age Superman comic.
>>
>>81539974
>I wonder if editors weren't really interested in the Golden Age stuff.

I don't think editors tamper with Morrison much
>>
>>81539974
Well he wanted to put him in a t shirt and jeans and the only way they'd let him do that is by showing how got the shirt.
>>
>>81539974
>>81540029

Superman wasn't able to fly until after he got the suit was he? I'm sure he jumped to catch Brainiac
>>
>>81540250
I think you are right.
>>
>>81540026
>I don't think editors tamper with Morrison much

It was the New 52 anon
>>
>>81539360
It probably shouldn't of had the New 52 label slapped on it, in my opinion. I was pretty new to comics back when New 52 started, and Action is one of the first things I picked up because I was interested in Superman. Holy shit was I confused and lost for the first half a dozen issues. Dropped it and just continued reading other shit.

It was until a few years later that I went back and read the whole run once I was more familiar with the whole medium and the characters, and enjoyed it much more. Then again this stands for a lot of the New 52 stuff. Green Lantern was another that just dropped you in the middle of shit.

It's weird. On the one hand seeing the big push for New 52 being all #1s and a good jump-on point got me reading comics, but on the other hand a lot of it was terrible or horribly confusing as a newbie.
>>
File: action comics 15.jpg (83 KB, 623x950) Image search: [Google]
action comics 15.jpg
83 KB, 623x950
Why was he such a mean spirited cock sucker?
>>
>>81540725
Yes, that's the first two years of the New 52 in a nutshell.
>>
>Bat-Mite in Bat Epic
>Qwsp in JLA
>Mxy, Mrs. Mxy, Vyndktvx, etc. in Action Comics

Morrison is trying to get back into contact with those 5th dimensional aliens that probed him isn't he?
>>
I loved Rags Morales's art on it, I didn't know his style wasn't well liked
>>
>>81541202
Maybe they left something in his colon and he just wants to give it back.
>>
Please correct me if my memory is betraying me here, but I wasn't a fan of how It just suddenly went from T shirt and Jeans Supes to WOAH WHAT THE FUCK THE WORLD IS MELTING OH GOD THERE'S DOOMSDAY FUCK MAN IS THAT SATAN
>>
>Is it the Rags Morales art?

yeah pretty much
>>
>>81541310
>>81541481

Goddamn he is plebby

http://rags-blog-o-throb.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-thoughts-on-superman.html
>>
File: 7557.jpg (328 KB, 718x1051) Image search: [Google]
7557.jpg
328 KB, 718x1051
The real pain of it is Chris "God put me on the planet Earth to draw Golden Age Superman" Sprouse drew a lot of the back ups. THE BACK UPS.
>>
I really need to read Morrison's Action Comics
>>
What's wrong with Rags's art? (I haven't read any of Morrison's Action Comics yet)
>>
>>81542358
Nothing, people are bitching about nothing.
>>
>People dislike Rags Morales' art

What the fuck? This is news to me.
>>
>>81542358
It's not bad, just plain, especially compared to Ha and Sprouse
>>
>>81541566
>being forced to draw that atrocious moviesuit rather than the classic one everyone knows

Ouch.
>>
>>81539360
It's sad that Clark will never know that he avenged the Kents.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.